• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

americans leaving america for good

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of thousands for a country of their size isn't really alot

It is not even a couple of thousands ...and this guy who was cited is a naturalized American.

Kim-Fredrik Schneider, who now resides in the U.K. and retains his Swedish passport. Schneider, who hasn't lived in the U.S. for about 13 years, was one of about 1,809 Americans to renounce U.S. citizenship or give up their green cards in the first half of 2013. That's a sharp uptick from 2012, when government data showed only 932 renunciations over the entire year.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the number of sinkies leaving might exceed that 1809 figure.

At the moment, no country can beat Syria.

Same old White supremacy shit at work once again.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of thousands for a country of their size isn't really alot

while america loses the more agile, nimble, mobile and intelligent citizen by the thousand, she's taking in the illegal losers and criminals by the millions. not a fair exchange. at least in sg, many immigrants help with construction, looking after elders and kids, nursing cuts and bruises, and providing pleasure caves for all to explore. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the number of sinkies leaving might exceed that 1809 figure.

At the moment, no country can beat Syria.

Same old White supremacy shit at work once again.

can't really say that with a black kenyan with indon muslim education in the white house. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way, the tax code is so convoluted and bloated it takes 2 tax seasons, march-april and august-september, hundreds of dollars in filings, multiple tax accountants, an army of irs auditors and tons of paperwork to close just one year (last year) of returns, for one household. for an individual owning a business, multiple properties and holdings, it's never ending until you eat shit and die. even that, there's death taxation, probate and taxation of beneficiaries and debt-inheritors after death. in other words, the irs has jurisdiction beyond the grave. :eek: :rolleyes:

you should be thankful for the simple, tiny tax code in sg. :p

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't really say that with a black kenyan with indon muslim education in the white house. :p

He is more American than many American. The one thing I hold against him is that, like most progressives, he doesn't dare to beat the hell out of the right-wingers when given the opportunity. You don't fight with the right-wingers with kids glove. They surely don't.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way, the tax code is so convoluted and bloated it takes 2 tax seasons, march-april and august-september, hundreds of dollars in filings, multiple tax accountants, an army of irs auditors and tons of paperwork to close just one year (last year) of returns, for one household. for an individual owning a business, multiple properties and holdings, it's never ending until you eat shit and die. even that, there's death taxation, probate and taxation of beneficiaries and debt-inheritors after death. in other words, the irs has jurisdiction beyond the grave. :eek: :rolleyes:

Thank the Republicans. They don't want to simplify it because the current system benefits their rich buddies. It also keeps the expensive accountants busy.

Of course, it is simple here. You get nothing back for your tax dollars, just pay and pay.
Sinkapore's complexity is in all the other fees and deductions. You don't even know what is yours until you want to access these 'savings' and being told that you can only withdraw a small amount to pay for the services that this savings is supposed to be used for.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while america loses the more agile, nimble, mobile and intelligent citizen by the thousand, she's taking in the illegal losers and criminals by the millions. not a fair exchange. at least in sg, many immigrants help with construction, looking after elders and kids, nursing cuts and bruises, and providing pleasure caves for all to explore. :p

What thousands? Where did you pluck the number from?
Hello ...you think those illegals in America are collecting welfare cheques ah? They are the ones taking care of the lawns, building houses, do the odd jobs, helping the farmers and lots more. And they then make a life out of their hard work. They don't displace Americans. Compared that to sinkees.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know. The world could be understood in very simple terms if one wants to. Produce >>>>> Distribute. All this financial obfuscation is totally irrelevant. To create jobs when those jobs could be done in a much simpler way? Such jobs are just for the sake of keeping ppl's time occupied. Thats all. Nothing to do with efficiency or value add. On the other hand, for ppl doing the real value added work--the engineers. Ironically, the more intelligent engineers are, the more jobs are lost in that sector. Makes sense? Introduce automation and they themselves got replaced by the very technology they help invented. Something is very wrong with the system. Is efficiency really the ultimate aim which ppl should strive for?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know. The world could be understood in very simple terms if one wants to. Produce >>>>> Distribute. All this financial obfuscation is totally irrelevant. To create jobs when those jobs could be done in a much simpler way? Such jobs are just for the sake of keeping ppl's time occupied. Thats all. Nothing to do with efficiency or value add. On the other hand, for ppl doing the real value added work--the engineers. Ironically, the more intelligent engineers are, the more jobs are lost in that sector. Makes sense? Introduce automation and they themselves got replaced by the very technology they help invented. Something is very wrong with the system. Is efficiency really the ultimate aim which ppl should strive for?

Economic growth is driven by consumption. The world is in the current economic doldrum because the means of consumption have been transferred from the masses to a smaller group and thus resulting in a drop of consumption.
If we want growth, we need to increase the capacity of the masses to consume. So, we don't need jobs but GOOD paying jobs.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is more American than many American. The one thing I hold against him is that, like most progressives, he doesn't dare to beat the hell out of the right-wingers when given the opportunity. You don't fight with the right-wingers with kids glove. They surely don't.

I have a feeling that good (good from my point of view) American presidents will always end up being assassinated.

For the current one, he is still alive and kicking

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world is in the current economic doldrum because the means of consumption have been transferred from the masses to a smaller group and thus resulting in a drop of consumption.
If we want growth, we need to increase the capacity of the masses to consume. So, we don't need jobs but GOOD paying jobs.

Agree. China has a lot of ghost towns. I am always thinking why not the CCP just issue free money to those homeless ones to buy those empty slots.

Problem solved. For fiat currency, its just a matter of dilution. It just means that those rich ppl's currency has been relatively diluted.

1) Support for CCP among the masses will increase.
2) The real estate biz will get their "business" as there will be lots of buyers.
3) The dog eat dog culture should improve as more ppl have access to basic needs. But of course I think the number of prostitutes will decrease.

Overly wishful thinking on my part?

Btw I am more of supply side economics. Lean more towards Malthusian theory.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ultimately, it's not efficiency which is a means but the pursuit of pleasure and leisure which is what we aim for. automation will not replace innovation and creativity. it's the latter two that will spawn new levels of pursuits for heightened pleasure and leisure. automation removes the mundane and repetitive work that will otherwise be a burden to humans. creative engineers and technologists invent automation to reduce or at best remove the burden (and cost of labor) but while reducing it help save time, energy, reallocate resources and keep the human mind dreaming bigger, better, bolder by creating demand for more sophisticated desires and needs.

at the rate we are going, the more innovative and creative will be wealthier and happier due to pursuit and achievement of lofty and loftier goals, dreams and desires, while the less gifted and talented will be poorer and grumpier due to underachievement, negativity and lack of drive. the modern and future society separates the top 5 from the bottom 95. it's inevitable, it's the law of nature and of the jungle. no man-made progressive liberal policies no matter the cost (of welfare, handouts, minimum wage, equality, equal distribution of wealth) is gonna change the stark reality. the commies were wrong. intelligent people will rule over stupid folks. there's nothing to jack up the iq of a chimpanzee to that of genius by brute force, or by a trillion dollars. in human society, we have 5% humanoid baboons, gorrillas and chimpanzies that commit 95% of heinous crimes, 90% gullibles, losers, and followers who live paycheck to paycheck no matter how hard they work, and 5% enlightened innovative inventors and leaders who create new opportunities and growth. it's the bell curve. it's a universal law, and it can't be changed unless the big bang theory goes bust. :p

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What thousands? Where did you pluck the number from?
Hello ...you think those illegals in America are collecting welfare cheques ah? They are the ones taking care of the lawns, building houses, do the odd jobs, helping the farmers and lots more. And they then make a life out of their hard work. They don't displace Americans. Compared that to sinkees.

millions of illegals, not thousands. while the pioneers take risks and put their lives on the line by taking the long ardous journey and crossing the treacherous border, their children and grandchildren which pop out by the dozens per couple have no stomach for lawn/yard work, roof repairs, handyman jobs, janitorial duties or house cleaning. my mexican house cleaners are a wife and husband team in their 60s working their arses off to support their lardy tardy too lazy and stupid to find work fat lumps of born in america daughters and sons who have become grannies in their 30s and 40s. :rolleyes:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
ultimately, it's not efficiency which is a means but the pursuit of pleasure and leisure which is what we aim for. automation will not replace innovation and creativity. it's the latter two that will spawn new levels of pursuits for heightened pleasure and leisure. automation removes the mundane and repetitive work that will otherwise be a burden to humans. creative engineers and technologists invent automation to reduce or at best remove the burden (and cost of labor) but while reducing it help save time, energy, reallocate resources and keep the human mind dreaming bigger, better, bolder by creating demand for more sophisticated desires and needs.

at the rate we are going, the more innovative and creative will be wealthier and happier due to pursuit and achievement of lofty and loftier goals, dreams and desires, while the less gifted and talented will be poorer and grumpier due to underachievement, negativity and lack of drive. the modern and future society separates the top 5 from the bottom 95. it's inevitable, it's the law of nature and of the jungle. no man-made progressive liberal policies no matter the cost (of welfare, handouts, minimum wage, equality, equal distribution of wealth) is gonna change the stark reality. the commies were wrong. intelligent people will rule over stupid folks. there's nothing to jack up the iq of a chimpanzee to that of genius by brute force, or by a trillion dollars. in human society, we have 5% humanoid baboons, gorrillas and chimpanzies that commit 95% of heinous crimes, 90% gullibles, losers, and followers who live paycheck to paycheck no matter how hard they work, and 5% enlightened innovative inventors and leaders who create new opportunities and growth. it's the bell curve. it's a universal law, and it can't be changed unless the big bang theory goes bust. :p

I am never against the idea of the elites having access to more or better resources.
The current generation is unlike the past. As a whole we kept our birth rates lower than 2. We fully understand the concept of limited resources. What pisses me off is .....is there a need to push those so called not so talented ones to the very limits of begging? PLs dun do a sam leong kind of thing and ask me why I dun go do something about it. I btw do have the answer for that.Reason being simple. I am not of that capability. Its too fucking macro. There are forces that do not want that and I just hope to understand why.

In addition, those 95% are just not removed from the equation just like that. Level of violence will increase. I would love to see how the top 5% could use their social engineering crap to limit the violence only among ourselves.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am never against the idea of the elites having access to more or better resources.
The current generation is unlike the past. As a whole we kept our birth rates lower than 2. We fully understand the concept of limited resources. What pisses me off is .....is there a need to push those so called not so talented ones to the very limits of begging? PLs dun do a sam leong kind of thing and ask me why I dun go do something about it. I btw do have the answer for that.Reason being simple. I am not of that capability. Its too fucking macro. There are forces that do not want that and I just hope to understand why.

In addition, those 95% are just not removed from the equation just like that. Level of violence will increase. I would love to see how the top 5% could use their social engineering crap to limit the violence only among ourselves.

the movie "elysium" grabs this issue by the horns and portrays it by epic artful storytelling. very poignant and thought provoking. a hundred years from now, the very talented innovators and wealthy will give up on the 95% and start their own utopian world by either enclosing themselves in protected environments or going somewhere else where it will require additional brain cells and overcoming tremendous physical barriers to reach them. part of that is already happening to california where master-planned communities are developed to keep those with high net worth away from those who live in sprawling ghettos and crime infested urban cores. these suburban communities have self contained town centers, shopping malls, eateries, groceries, theaters, even well architected, well run rental apartments to house the "workers". once humanoid robots that can relieve "workers" are created, the community will eliminate rental apartments and these not so desirable human entities. :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tax code is so convoluted and bloated it takes 2 tax seasons, march-april and august-september, hundreds of dollars in filings, multiple tax accountants, an army of irs auditors and tons of paperwork to close just one year (last year) of returns, ...never ending until you eat shit and die. even that, there's death taxation, probate and taxation of beneficiaries and debt-inheritors after death. in other words, the irs has jurisdiction beyond the grave. :eek: :rolleyes: you should be thankful for the simple, tiny tax code in sg.
A former yank colleague here was tearing his hair (he's 90% bald, of what's left) on his home taxes. Spared his lfe with sinkie's 2 page filing:p