• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

First CDF says NS is an accepted way of life

Balasingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF takes up lots of Money ... it also makes our boys lose their creativity by introducing regimentation at such a young age...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
in any living organism, as much as the fight for survival is vital. the immunity system kicks in only upon invasion of foreign particles. much as some viruses would masquerade and hide inside a host cell, the surface membrane protein usually leave a tell-tale sign signalling penetration and thus triggering an immune response. the body then depends on the memory T-cells to generate a series of responses to mop up the damage. good to note that white leucocytes count is relatively low during non-combative periods and only peak upon activation.

the military in this case is like the memory T-cells. churning up appropriate response as and when required. the response team of other white leucocytes would be the ordinary citizens taking the call to arms only when needed. when mixed signals are given, how do you expect the citizens to response? Singapore is close to being United Nations already, the only aliens and/or foreigner will be from outer space! how to defend Singapore? invite the offensive party to be our foreign talent lah! :eek::eek::eek:

Totally agree. They are relying on the Singaporeans half to defend the other half made up mainly of leeches

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole point of NS is to generate business for the GLCs and various contractors.

Defending the country is not a priority, however it is often used as nationalist/patriotic propaganda to justify the existence of NS (operational readiness).

If some daft Sinkies wish to report for war duty, they are most welcome to go ahead and be eager meatshields for the elites and business interests. War is one way of thinning the herd of stupid people.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, when you are CDF, you lan lan also have to say it's accepted, cosidering 4/5 of our military are people who 'accept'. If you call it anything else, and if our NSFs stop following the script, he'll be out of job in an instant. When i mean 4/5, i mean our standing army. Then we have our total forces of which, the standing army is probably only 20% of the total strength, but the reserves are only there on paper. Let's face it desertion rate will likely be 30-40% in this age and day. You sell out your country, you still expect people to defend this farce of a nation?

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
conventional warfare methods may damage infrastructures. think of biological weapons, say a man with flu-like symptoms, or worse, a seemingly healthy individual passing through our immigration counters. a carrier of infectious disease or sorts. couple that with a growing population density.

I doubt our neighbours will do that. We are too close for them to try that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I see it those who benefit the most should be taking up the burden of defending Spore as they have the incentive to defend Spore. Some old dude even promised to rise from the dead:biggrin:

So will the billionairs, millionaires, well paid in Spore please stand up & come forward. Even if you are a foreigner:wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This article was written last year. He looks damn good considering. I thought his dick would have dropped off by now. He was the biggest buayah in the SAF, I am surprised he doesn't have syphillis.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Notice how he goes on and on about the NS and glorying all those who served but not once mentioned all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives due to training accidents and suicides and those who were paralyzed or lost limbs while in NS.