• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mesut Ozil signs for Arsenal in a £42.5m transfer deal from Real Madrid

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsène Wenger has given Arsenal's supporters the statement signing that they have craved with the €50m (£42.5m) purchase of the attacking midfielder Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid, a move that has nearly trebled the club's previous highest outlay on a player. After a long summer of expressing his confidence that a big name would arrive and the club's increased financial firepower would claim a prize, Wenger raided Madrid for a player that he has long admired.

Ozil becomes the second most expensive signing in British football history, behind Fernando Torres, who joined Chelsea from Liverpool for £50m in 2011, and he has agreed a five-year contract, which is worth a basic £150,000 a week, with bonuses on top. The 24-year-old underwent his Arsenal medical in Germany on Monday, where he is preparing with his national team for the World Cup qualifier against Austria on Friday.

-http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/02/mesut-ozil-arsenal-real-madrid

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A decent enough player but I think Arsenal fans were demanding more world class players. Benzema was also mentioned.

In summary, I think Liverpool have done the best over this transfer window. Some quality signings and the return of Suarez to look forward to.

Disappointed that Man Utd didn't get Fellaini, they really needed to strengthen their squad I think.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A decent enough player but I think Arsenal fans were demanding more world class players.

Disappointed that Man Utd didn't get Fellaini, they really needed to strengthen their squad I think.

imho Ozil is a good addition to the Arsenal squad since their midfielders are injury prone and Arsenal formation hugely depend on midfielders.

I thought ManUtd got his man?