• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

migrating when you have a home, car etc?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious how many of you migrated when you were still paying loans off your house and car etc? Or did u make sure you weren't going to buy a hdb/property/car in sg and then migrated.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just curious how many of you migrated when you were still paying loans off your house and car etc? Or did u make sure you weren't going to buy a hdb/property/car in sg and then migrated.

I sold everything, pocketed the difference after paying off the loans and used the money to fund my emigration.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sold everything, pocketed the difference after paying off the loans and used the money to fund my emigration.

Doesn't this sound like something that you thought out of the blue? So i suppose you made a loss when you sold off your home and car etc hastily.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I sold of my Jurong HDB, cashed out my CPF.. doubled up my bets in Australia during GFC.. Now, my returns are triple :smile:
Any temasek must be totally blind to lose money during GFC. 40yrs of crisis never be repeated :smile:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Doesn't this sound like something that you thought out of the blue? So i suppose you made a loss when you sold off your home and car etc hastily.

I made a $1.8 million profit on my home thanks to the PAP and a $9,000 profit on my car because the COE had risen considerably.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I made a $1.8 million profit on my home thanks to the PAP and a $9,000 profit on my car because the COE had risen considerably.

Damn nigger you were lucky! So care to share why didn't you continue to reside in sinkland buying a bigger home but hopefully not a 99 yr lease one.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Damn nigger you were lucky! So care to share why didn't you continue to reside in sinkland buying a bigger home but hopefully not a 99 yr lease one.

Because I wanted to retire and enjoy my outdoor sports/hobbies. Singapore was already too crowded for me when the population was 3.2 million.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn, where you been so long din see you. You still in Melbourne?

I sold of my Jurong HDB, cashed out my CPF.. doubled up my bets in Australia during GFC.. Now, my returns are triple :smile:
Any temasek must be totally blind to lose money during GFC. 40yrs of crisis never be repeated :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, busy lah, plus nowadays nothing to really talk here. My dad down here for visit. When you coming over to visit?

Knn, where you been so long din see you. You still at Ropes Crossing? :smile:

Lol, I bought two chooks in my backyard, everyday lay 2 eggs. Axe when you come down to Sydney?

Bro Axe, how is your chicken farm so far? You intend to set up one in Sydney? :p

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, busy lah, plus nowadays nothing to really talk here. My dad down here for visit. When you coming over to visit?

Lol, I bought two chooks in my backyard, everyday lay 2 eggs. Axe when you come down to Sydney?

Bro Ash, it is so wonderful that your dad visited you often. So happy to hear that.

Meanwhile, this is an extension of the chicken 1st or egg 1st question. Somehow that cock part is missing in the question. Wanna ask you, hen without a cock around can lay eggs? Just wonder. Sorry, I am a rural sau koo. Very paiseh to ask. As usual blur like sotong. :o :p

BTW, I will making my way to Auburn soon to visit those renovation shops. On the way, may drop by Ropes Crossings. Heard from my Vietnamese tiler that I could get lot of renovation stuff there on the cheap. BTW, you aware of any place where they sell cheap renovation stuff? Please share it with me. Kum siah bro!

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chooks without rooster will lay eggs, it just mean you won't get chicks from the eggs. Council ruling is that you can keep chooks but not rooster due to noise factor.

Not sure how cheap you want stuff, DIY at buntings is usually the way to go. You looking for tiles, lights? Try eBay yet?

Bro Ash, it is so wonderful that your dad visited you often. So happy to hear that.

Meanwhile, this is an extension of the chicken 1st or egg 1st question. Somehow that cock part is missing in the question. Wanna ask you, hen without a cock around can lay eggs? Just wonder. Sorry, I am a rural sau koo. Very paiseh to ask. As usual blur like sotong. :o :p

BTW, I will making my way to Auburn soon to visit those renovation shops. On the way, may drop by Ropes Crossings. Heard from my Vietnamese tiler that I could get lot of renovation stuff there on the cheap. BTW, you aware of any place where they sell cheap renovation stuff? Please share it with me. Kum siah bro!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chooks without rooster will lay eggs, it just mean you won't get chicks from the eggs. Council ruling is that you can keep chooks but not rooster due to noise factor.

Not sure how cheap you want stuff, DIY at buntings is usually the way to go. You looking for tiles, lights? Try eBay yet?

Bro Ash, thanks for your explanation. Wait a minute, not done with that topic yet. "Chooks without rooster will lay eggs" - you mean the chooks lay the eggs like pun sai like that or what? :confused:

"it just mean you won't get chicks from the eggs." Now you mean after the mother hen laid her eggs, you need a Red Rooster to do something so that can get chicks out? Humm, what kind of things that Red Rooster needs to do? I tried googling and I could not get the answer. In fact I found that the eggs can hatch with just the right temperature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtU4M3lhCTk

I am curious. :rolleyes:

BTW, you mean Bunnings and not "buntings"? There is a Bunnings near my place.

eBay recently got some con man cases. I am old fashion type. Never believe in eBay. But my kids are sold over those internet purchases. Besides, buy tiles need to see the tiles and feel the surfaces & internet pictures may not be what you see. :(

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Axe, how is your chicken farm so far? You intend to set up one in Sydney? :p

Bro, cannot liao lah. ATO is pretty hard these days. They wanted condom money, ejeculation money, also the happy ending money.. They alleged those were incomes and i have to prove it is not. Aiyo, how to document down the happy ending ;( no privacy these days.. I have to ship my chickens to British Virgin Island... Mix with virgins, sure cannot get tekan. Pui the Labour Party ! I'll vote for Liberal this Sat !!

Sg is still better.. Never have any trouble since ministers also laundering millions around.. Sg is good for business. But NB, they dont accept FTs anymore ? I feel like returning hm... Hehe

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How you search?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090104081722AARge7U

You are quite right. Hens will lay eggs whether or not they have mated. Of course the eggs are only fertilised if the hen has mated - eggs laid by a hen that hasn't mated are infertile and will never hatch. Those are the eggs we eat, though you CAN eat fertilised eggs. It's just that most people prefer not to.
Source(s):
I used to be a zookeeper and have studied animals all my life.

Depending on council, you can keep chooks in your backyard as "pets". Many councils now are encourage the rearing of chooks to reduce food waste, compost etc. Its pretty value for money, I got mine at $18 each, they will lay about 150-200 eggs a year and that easily covers what you get from woolworths coles. I haven't bought any eggs in a while now. Feeds are like $20 for 20Kg and they last a very long time. They will also feed on weeds, grass, insects in your backyard. After 1-2 years, you can use them for meat. Again, you have to check with your local council. In general, if your neighbours don't complain you'll be fine.

Yah lah, bunnings. You should really try ebay, a lot of cheap stuff there. Look for sellers with high rating, they usually the trusted ones. Also don't forget, credit card companies like mastercard, visa also offer "protection" and call any transactions into disrepute. Paypal also has a system, but I hear its like 60 days before they will do anything. Cavet emptor, I haven't have any problem when I'm using ebay. It depends what you want, beaumont tiles near bella vista was pretty good if you want an "up market" tile place. That is the place my builder use for tiles. When you have the time on the weekend pop over to ropes, pm me for the address if you want.

Bro Ash, thanks for your explanation. Wait a minute, not done with that topic yet. "Chooks without rooster will lay eggs" - you mean the chooks lay the eggs like pun sai like that or what? :confused:

"it just mean you won't get chicks from the eggs." Now you mean after the mother hen laid her eggs, you need a Red Rooster to do something so that can get chicks out? Humm, what kind of things that Red Rooster needs to do? I tried googling and I could not get the answer. In fact I found that the eggs can hatch with just the right temperature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtU4M3lhCTk

I am curious. :rolleyes:

BTW, you mean Bunnings and not "buntings"? There is a Bunnings near my place.

eBay recently got some con man cases. I am old fashion type. Never believe in eBay. But my kids are sold over those internet purchases. Besides, buy tiles need to see the tiles and feel the surfaces & internet pictures may not be what you see. :(

Try Ebay.. Sometimes offering leftover from construction project.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
How you search?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090104081722AARge7U

Yah lah, bunnings. You should really try ebay, a lot of cheap stuff there. Look for sellers with high rating, they usually the trusted ones. Also don't forget, credit card companies like mastercard, visa also offer "protection" and call any transactions into disrepute. Paypal also has a system, but I hear its like 60 days before they will do anything. Cavet emptor, I haven't have any problem when I'm using ebay. It depends what you want, beaumont tiles near bella vista was pretty good if you want an "up market" tile place. That is the place my builder use for tiles. When you have the time on the weekend pop over to ropes, pm me for the address if you want.

Do avoid Aliexpress at all cost. Dodgy products. Provider holds the payment but expect you to deal with suppliers privately. What a rip off! Ebay is safe.