• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oz Erections 2013

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;zPQDSv8pUmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQDSv8pUmA[/video]

The good news from the Video is Greens might get trounced...the whole lot should be hanged for Treason.

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The good news from the Video is Greens might get trounced...the whole lot should be hanged for Treason.

Not only the Greens get trounced. I also hope Labor who cahoot with the Greens to impose those Carbon Tax & giving Oz such huge budget deficit despite the mining boom gets wiped out good and proper.

Labor cananot be trusted. In the last election, they promised no carbon tax. But to hang on to a minority government, they move to implement the Carbon Tax. What a shame!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont blame labour. I blame tat red headed witch n the treasonous greens. I really hate left wing bleeding heart liberal assholes. But the ppl had enough of labour n the faceless men. So liberals will win big. However abbot is an asshole. He does not have the temperament to be PM. N many of the working class r afraid to b screwed again like last time. Liberals r rich men party.
Not only the Greens get trounced. I also hope Labor who cahoot with the Greens to impose those Carbon Tax & giving Oz such huge budget deficit despite the mining boom gets wiped out good and proper.

Labor cananot be trusted. In the last election, they promised no carbon tax. But to hang on to a minority government, they move to implement the Carbon Tax. What a shame!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally a policy that makes sense. Ordinary Australians dont get such a high degree of legal support and yet foreigners do. 1 other point dont be fooled by the 'big hearted' refugee advocates...they dont give a shit about these economic migrants. They are funded by the federal government and any government policy that affect their funding they will be against it. They are just leeches and a cause of the budget deficit which all working class australians have to pay for. Want to end the deficit tackle these economic leeches 1st.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-31/coalition-would-stop-funding-immigration-advice-for-asylum-seek/4926666

Coalition vows to stop funding legal advice for asylum seekers

The Federal Opposition is promising to stop funding immigration advice for asylum seekers if it wins next week's election.

The Coalition is expected to unveil the final plank of its border protection policy today.

Currently, Australian taxpayers fund refugee claims and legal appeals.

The Coalition says while it would not stop people accessing the help, it would stop funding it.

The move is expected to save about $100 million over four years.

Human rights advocates say that would see genuine refugees struggle with the claims process, and some would be sent home fearing for their lives.

The changes would also mean anyone who arrives by boat or plane and applies for asylum will not get help for free while doing so.

"People can still make the claims, obviously, and if others in the community want to provide that advice free of charge or they want to pay for that advice, they can continue," Opposition immigration spokesman Scott Morrison told the ABC's AM program.

"We won't be stopping access to advice but the taxpayer will no longer be on the hook for it.

"People will be provided in multiple languages how the process works, they'll have interpreters to answer any questions about how the system works but there won't be taxpayer-funded assistance for people to prepare claims or to make appearances.

"If they can access those services privately or otherwise they'll be at liberty to do that."

Refugee advocate Julian Burnside QC says asylum seekers usually do not have the money to pay for professional advice, so they either represent themselves or get help from an agency.

"The problem is that roughly 50 per cent of people who are knocked back by [Immigration] Department officers in their claim for asylum go to the Refugee Review Tribunal (RRT) and get the assessment changed. In other words, Department officers simply get it wrong," he said.

"For a person without representation to go to the RRT is likely to end up in an unfair result if they don't know what they're doing, can't speak the language, and don't have professional help.

"The result of that will be that a number of people who are genuine refugees will be returned to face persecution because they haven't had a fair go in our assessment system."

Mr Burnside added his work with refugees is pro bono, so there is no profit motive to his thoughts against the idea.

The Refugee Action Collective's Chris Breen says the proposal is unfair and unjust.

"It sounds outrageous. It sounds discriminatory. The legal services for asylum seekers, quite literally, save lives," he said.

"Tony Abbott's announcement appears to be just the latest in a horrific series of announcements. We would urge both Rudd and Abbott to step back. We can do better than this."

The ABC tried to contact Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus, but did not receive a response.

Topics: event, federal-election, government-and-politics, elections, federal-elections, refugees, immigration, community-and-society, liberals, nationals, australia

First posted 2 hours 36 minutes ago

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oz economy getting bad?

Business leaders say new government must secure new era of economic prosperity

HAS Australia's luck run out? The number one task confronting the next elected government will be to secure a new era of economic prosperity after the end of a once-in-a-century mining boom.

Australia's jobless rate is set to top six per cent whichever party takes power.

Interest rates - likely to remain on hold this week - are expected to fall further as the Reserve Bank seeks to reignite retail spending, business investment and home building.

Corporate Australia has spent much of 2013 in lockdown mode, reluctant to hire new workers or to invest.

"This intransigence of business confidence is at the heart of Australia's economic challenge," says Westpac's chief economist, Bill Evans.

Households are worried about their job prospects and not even record low interest rates can tempt them to borrow.

"Clearly households are detecting the reluctance from business to employ, undermining their sense of job security," says Evans. "A more constructive attitude of business towards employment and investment appears to be the key to the current soft economy."

Economists hope September 7 and the end of minority government will provide just that catalyst. "A government freed from the constraints of a hung parliament should undoubtedly help," says Evans.

Reserve Bank governor Glenn Stevens has blamed a lack of business confidence as a major driver of the weakening in the economy.

"It would be good if there was a bit more confidence in the business community about the future," he said recently.

The chief economist of HSBC Bank Australia, Paul Bloxham, says the uncertainty created by the election hasn't helped. "The lead up to the election has done little to change this situation, with campaigning leading to even more uncertainty about the policy environment and little clear direction. The election will hopefully deliver some more certainty about the policy framework and objectives, whichever side wins," Mr Bloxham said.

Dr Shane Oliver, the chief economist at AMP Capital, expects a weak economy will force the Reserve Bank to cut interest rates later this year. Oliver expects the Aussie dollar - currently around US89 cents - will fall further to US80 cents. According to Oliver: "The outlook for business investment is poor with weakness pretty much across the board, highlighting the need for further monetary easing in Australia."

The chief economist at ANZ, Ivan Colhoun, expects the election will revive business confidence somewhat. But challenges remain.

"We see a rocky transition for the Australian economy over the next one to two years," says Colhoun. Fixing the budget must be a top priority: "Under either party, more remains to be done to return Australia's budget position to the more sustainable medium-term settings that have served Australia so well over the past two decades."

In a note to clients earlier this month, Saul Eslake, the chief Australian economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, said it was unclear how the Coalition would fix the budget.

"Given its persistent opposition to attempts to restrain growth in entitlement programs ... and its more general commitment to cutting taxes, it's unclear whether and how a Coalition Government would deal with the longer-term challenges confronting Australia's public finances."

A budget in the red. A mining boom coming to an end. Consumers in the doldrums and businesses reluctant to invest.

"An extended period of below average growth for Australia is not something the country has experienced for quite some years," says ANZ's Colhoun. Seems we're about to get a chance to remember.

The job of the next government will be to ensure we create a bit of our own luck.

Rudd's promises on the economy

- Get the budget back to surplus in 2016-17

- Boost productivity growth to 2 per cent a year or better

- Support jobs by not cutting government spending too hard

- Cap growth in real spending to 2 per cent a year

- Keep taxes as a per cent of GDP lower than in the last year of the Howard government

- Take a "new approach" to red tape

Abbott's promises on the economy

- Within his first term, outline a "believable" path back to surplus

- Cut company tax rate by 1.5 percentage points

- Reduce the red tape burden on business by $1 billion

- Introduce a $5.5 billion a year paid parental leave scheme

- Apply a levy of 1.5 percentage points to 3200 big companies to fund the parental leave scheme.

- Not proceed with Labor's changes to fringe benefits concessions on company cars

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...nomic-prosperity/story-fnho52qo-1226708221821

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-01/abbott-vows-to-detail-full-spending-cuts-by-thursday/4927488

[h=1]Tony Abbott promises to release full list of Coalition spending cuts by Thursday[/h] By Monique Ross
Updated 6 minutes ago

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has promised to release the full list of Coalition spending cuts by Thursday, saying it will include more "modest" budget savings.
Labor has been attacking the Coalition for not releasing its costings, accusing it of hiding the facts from voters.
Mr Abbott says $31 billion in savings was outlined last week, and that the full costings will be spelled out after the Coalition has announced all of its policies.
He has told ABC's Insiders program voters will have more than a day to consider the measures.
"There will be some further relatively modest savings announced later in the week but I don't think anyone is going to think at the end of this week 'my God there is this massive fiscal squeeze coming'," he said.
Asked if Prime Minister Kevin Rudd would be aware of the full costings when he gives a speech at the National Press Club on Thursday, Mr Abbott replied: "It is not so much whether Kevin Rudd will know, the important thing is will the Australian people know? The answer is yes, they will."
What do you make of Tony Abbott's comments? Have your say.

If the details are published after Wednesday, it will be during the electronic media black-out period, when parties are banned from buying space on TV and radio for political advertising.
There will be some further relatively modest savings announced later in the week, but I don't think anyone is going to think at the end of this week 'my God there is this massive fiscal squeeze coming'.

Tony Abbott

The Opposition Leader says although there will be "changes that people won't like", such as the already-announced plan to scrap the School Kids Bonus, he does not think the cuts will impact on "ordinary Australians".
"I want to give people this absolute assurance: no cuts to education, no cuts to health, no changes to pensions, and no changes to the GST," he said.
But Finance Minister Penny Wong says that is not good enough, and there is no reason why costings cannot be released sooner.
"What we have seen in this election campaign is the Opposition Leader playing hide and seek with the Australian people. That's the reality," she told ABC News 24.
"The only reason you would hold back everything until this last week in an election campaign, where the economy is so important, where your economic spoke people have said they want to end the age of entitlement, is because you want to hide what your true plans are."
[h=2]Syria crisis: 'baddies versus baddies'[/h]Mr Abbott also addressed the crisis in Syria during the wide-ranging interview that also touched on asylum seeker policy, climate change and government assistance for business.
US president Barack Obama has asked Congress to authorise military action against Syria in the wake of an alleged chemical weapons attack, which opposition groups claim killed more than 1,400 people.
Mr Abbott says it would be "terrific" if a political solution could be reached, but admitted that is unlikely.
It is not goodies versus baddies, it is baddies versus baddies and that is why it is very important that we don't make a very difficult situation worse.

Tony Abbott on the crisis in Syria

"We have a civil war going on in that country between two pretty unsavoury sides," he said.
"It is not goodies versus baddies, it is baddies versus baddies and that is why it is very important that we don't make a very difficult situation worse."
He says Australia should play a diplomatic role and leave any military intervention to America, France and Britain.
Senator Wong was quick to seize on Mr Abbott's comments.
"Can you imagine him at the G20: 'Barack, it's baddies versus baddies'," she said.
"I've yet to see a leader of a federal political party wanting to to be PM who would be this embarrassing when it comes to foreign policy."
[h=2]Abbott says he's up to the job on foreign policy issues[/h]It is not the first time Labor figures have questioned Mr Abbott's foreign policy nous.
Last week, as world powers considered their response to the deadly attack in Syria's capital Damascus, Mr Rudd attacked Mr Abbott's foreign policy credentials.
"I sometimes question, I really do question, having known Mr Abbott for a long, long time, whether he really has the temperament for that sort of thing," Mr Rudd said.
Australia is about to take over the leadership of the United Nations Security Council, and whoever is prime minister next year will host the G20 meeting.
The Opposition Leader says he is up to the job.
"I was a minister for nine years in a successful government. I was leader of the House of Representatives for six years in a successful government. I worked very closely with John Howard and Alexander Downer," he said.
"Sure, I don't have the overseas experience that they had at the end of their time, but I have the overseas experience that they had at the beginning of their time and look how well they turned out."
Meanwhile Mr Abbott repeated previous pledges to repeal the "dumb" carbon tax, curb the number of asylum seeker boats coming to Australia and strengthen the economy.
He says he is not taking anything for granted ahead of Saturday's poll, but emphasised that he is ready to lead the nation.
"I am incredibly conscious of what an extraordinary privilege it is to lead a major political party and should we win the election, I will be acutely conscious of the burden of duty and responsibility that has descended upon my shoulders," he said.
"I will be very conscious of that.
"But, I think I am ready, my team is ready, our plan is ready and we can produce a better country."

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello ah sotong,,the carbon tax has fucked up australia really badly,,but what the opposition is saying is also abit of an exaggeration as Rudd has already changed the formula. Abbot is just being a puffed cat..and he is not PM material,,but ppl will still vote liberal as they not happy with The Red headed witch and the left wing elements of Labour.

[video=youtube;GV_t0_FZud8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_t0_FZud8[/video]

Bro Hypo,

Watch Tony Abott in the National Press Club speech.

That carbon tax is damn damning. Really unbelieveable.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-02/abbott-says-election-will-be-referendum-on-carbon-tax/4929346

Cannot trust the Labor. Just like the 超级白 in SG - cannot be trusted .

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing good about the media in oz,, is that they can be quite detailed in policies,,,not like singkieland where its nothing but the mouthpiece of the pappies..

[video=youtube;WhOiNKk2FOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOiNKk2FOg[/video]

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kevin rudd on gay marriage. Agree or not, he looks very good as a PM versus Abbott!
[video=youtube;TzV1r5SCc8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzV1r5SCc8U[/video]

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;cWLH7cilT94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWLH7cilT94[/video]

Looks like for this erection, its a vote for either a rock or a hard place,,,,anyhow Boss Sam will be damn happy as either way the working class gets screwed/

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://au.news.yahoo.com/election/a/-/article/18786856/Hockey-announces-6bn-budget-improvement/

[h=1]Hockey announces $6bn budget improvement[/h] By Colin Brinsden, AAP Economics Correspondent, AAP Updated September 5, 2013, 3:17 pm

Shadow treasurer Joe Hockey says a coalition government will make some $40 billion of savings, if it wins the federal election.
Mr Hockey and coalition finance spokesman Andrew Robb on Thursday announced another $9 billion tranche of savings, on top of the $31.6 billion worth announced last week.
They also announced $33 billion of proposed expenditure and said the budget bottom line would be improved by $6 billion under a coalition government.
"Only the coalition will live within its means and get Australia back on the path of strong economic growth," they said in a statement.
The coalition is also promising a $16 billion reduction in government debt over the budget forward estimates.
It has submitted about 200 policies to the Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) and says its figures have been assessed by three public finance experts.
These are Geoff Carmody, co-founder of Access Economics; Len Scanlan, a former Queensland auditor-general; and Professor Peter Shergold, a former secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The PBO found its plan to abolish the carbon tax would deliver a $1.1 billion contribution to the budget because of an associated surge in economic growth.
Mr Hockey and Mr Robb said the coalition's "prudent" economic plans would leave the budget better off and generate stronger growth.
"We have been careful and methodical in our assessment of our savings and responsible and prudent in our spending promises," they said.
A key part of the coalition's strategy is a major infrastructure package, involving almost $5 billion of additional funding over the forward estimates period on key projects.
"Unlike Labor we have not shifted important projects well off into the never-never," they said.
However, it wasn't feasible to continue with the current rate of growth in Australia's foreign aid budget.
A coalition would cut this growth and instead index future increases to the consumer price index.
This would free up $4.5 billion, which would be allocated to other coalition priorities, including road projects.
As previously announced, the coalition also plans to cut the company tax rate to 28.5 per cent, from 30 per cent.
It will also ditch Labor's $1.8 billion changes to fringe-benefit tax arrangements on vehicles.
The coalition has previously said Australia is facing a "budget emergency".
Asked whether a $6 billion budget improvement was enough to offset this, Mr Hockey said: "I don't see a $6 billion improvement in the budget bottom line as trivial."
"I see it as significant," he said.
"We are turning around the direction of the budget.
"Under Labor the deficits are getting bigger and the debt is getting bigger."
Mr Hockey said the current rate of increase in foreign aid funding couldn't continue.
"We have to cut the growth in foreign aid to fund Australian infrastructure, because the stronger the Australian economy, the more generous we can be in the future," he said.
He denied the coalition was breaking Australia's commitment to foreign aid.
"No, it's Labor that has broken it's promise every year in relation to foreign aid, every year," he said.
Mr Hockey said fixing the federal balance sheet had to come before the Millennium Development goal to increase foreign aid to 0.5 per cent of gross national income (GNI).
"We still are committed to the millennium goals but we've got to fix our budget first," he said.
"We are determined to fix this Australian budget and if we fix the Australian budget we can be more generous with foreign aid - I can't give you a timetable on that."
The current Labor government budget has committed Australia to boosting foreign aid to 0.5 per cent of GNI by 2017/18.
The aid budget was $5.7 billion in 2013/14.
Mr Hockey also said he hoped Australia's unemployment rate won't reach 6.25 per cent, as forecast by Treasury, under the coalition's strategy if it won government.
The "worst thing" a government could do was cause jobs losses.
"We've got to do everything we can to arrest the increase in the unemployment rate," he said, adding that improving growth would take the jobless rate down.
The coalition will provide more money for health, education, agriculture and disadvantaged regions, as well as fairer indexation of veterans military superannuation, policies to increase workforce participation, and more secure borders.
"When Australians head to the polls on Saturday there need not be any doubt in their minds about how we will pay for our policies and improve the budget position," it said.
The Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook prepared by Treasury and Finance projected a run of budget deficits before 2016/17 when a surplus of $4.2 billion is expected.
The coalition's figures show they expect to be able to improve that surplus figure by $576 million.
Mr Hockey said a coalition government would increase funding for health and education, despite what the prime minister said.
"Kevin Rudd said cut, cut, cut. We are not cutting health, we are not cutting education, and we're not cutting defence. As you can see our numbers are plainly there," he said.
Asked whether an incoming Abbott government would have a mini-budget, Mr Hockey said: "If the Australian people endorse us on Saturday I'd say we will talk about that afterwards."
Mr Hockey said the coalition was looking for voters to "end the chaos in Canberra".
"No more minority parties, no more waste, no more lies from Labor - the Labor party is broken and the Australian people have a chance on Saturday to reclaim their country."

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am really not impress with the greens. The country is not doing well and they insists that oz spend more on foreigners. The whole lot of them should be hanged for treason.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...days-of-campaign/story-fnho52ip-1226711024402

The Greens have slammed the Coalition's costings, which include significant cuts to foreign aid and the environment. Senator Christine Milne and Adam Bandt called on Tony Abbott to explain his cuts to foreign aid, in relation to assisting asylum seekers and those in third world countries who don't have basic necessities like clean water and food.
They also accused him of being more interested in building "polluting tollways".
Their criticisms come after Joe Hockey and Andrew Robb finally revealed the Coalition's costings, which include $40 billion in savings.

One of the large parts of the plan includes a $4.5 billion cut to foreign aid to fund local infrastructure.
It comes after PM Kevin Rudd said Tony Abbott wants to hold Australia back by saying we shouldn't have "ideas beyond our station".
In his last speech during the election campaign the Prime Minister took aim at his political opponent and said a conservative-run Australia would be "a cocktail of the 1950s, (and television shows) Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey".

Mr Abbott said he didn't think Australia should "get ideas beyond our station" when referring to military action in Syria during an interview on the ABC's 7.30 program this week.
"I think that phrase is of itself deeply symptomatic of a conservative view of Australia's future," Mr Rudd told the National Press Club in Canberra today.
His comments came after it was revealed Mr Abbott had delayed the release of his costings until after Mr Rudd's speech despite promising not to do so.
Shadow treasurer Joe Hockey has met with the Coalition's panel of "eminent Australians" to sign off on the costings this morning, with the plan expected to be released this afternoon.
But on Sunday, Mr Abbott was asked if Mr Rudd would know what the cuts were when he stood up at the National Press Club today at 12.30pm.
Mr Abbott said: "Well, what will be, it is not so much whether Kevin Rudd will know, the important thing is will the Australian people know? The answer is yes, they will."