• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok peace to Westman and all who are offended in one way or another.

The thread was meant to be peaceful. But there are troublemakers like Freekazoid that cause problems.

Like all internet forums, info should be shared freely and it's up to readers to take away what they find useful. But it's usually when people try to push their ideas on others forcefully that it becomes unbearable. One will then try to defend his views, etc and internet war can erupt. That's why I think the best way is to ignore buggers like the freek.

It's also best not to compare residential projects and say one is better than the other. There are pros and cons to everything. For eg, although I know PH is seen by many owners as one class above the rest, remember that you have already paid a high premium for your unit. And you don't have the advantage of Medini owners in terms of minimum sum the unit can be sold and lack of Capital Gains Tax.

What I feel is useful is for owners as well as those who are interested in property investing, is to discuss how they view the positive and negative situation. I'm more of an investor, so I view things in a very objective manner based a lot on facts. Iskandar (especially Medini) was under my radar some time back. But I avoided it for reasons I've constantly given. I want to understand the psychology of buyers of that region and also know how they mitigate the risks involved, such as:

- Very high entry price
- Hoping for the future development (very risky, especially in a Malaysian environment where delays can happen, plans change or discarded, new rules, etc)
- Mainly foreign play, no local support
- Minimal or lack of amenities (If it's so attractive, A LOT more businesses and industries would have gone in, but we are not seeing that. Yes, some, but at a very slow rate and not many. Has anyone questioned WHY?)
- Can you really find future buyers or you don't mind being stuck with the property forever? Maybe some don't mind, but I know not all can take it

However, all I am hearing generally is "I trust my instinct", "I buy for my own stay", "They have many plans coming up, such as new businesses, etc".... These are all very very subjective.

Why am I sticking around these forums? Cos I am learning. I hope others are too.

For Medini, the Malaysian government is not so stupid to remove from you the Capital Gains Tax or no minimal sum to buy. Who doesn't want to make money? In place of that, they have already slapped on you a leasehold status (most prefer freehold in a big land Malaysia) and very high starting price. They probably sold the land at marked up prices and developers jack it up further. That probably explains how some of you bought at a very high RM760 psf and above.

This thread caught my attention because of my personal visit to Medini last month, after I saw the very vast and sparse land and the completion of a very quiet 1 Medini.

It will be good if all you future owners of Medini condos start thinking what to do or if they developments will really take off as they promise. How long a risk you guys are willing or can take. These are all important questions.

But I do understand there are many rich folks here. Some are retirees or soon to be retired. So you can plonk your money down on an Iskandar property and not afraid even if you can't get it back. But to the rest, I would be worried and extremely cautious.

Hope I'm not considered flipping table here. Just giving pure objective advice.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ignore is so cheem lah. I see pity, more pity...then pity again. Repeat and repeat.
Investors here all catch no ball. You not tired, I tired liao.

子不是鱼, 焉知鱼不乐也?
Self-pity? No.

Instead of feeling self-pity for which I dont feel any..(can't be sure for the rest of IR buyers).. I see some grown ups fightng over prides and egoes..

This would be my last input as I dont want to get in between the fight

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
" I want to understand the psychology of buyers "

So many invstors get so upset, so many so keksim, mood low low due to your debate comment and you want to understand psychological for your own need? It is soooo cruel. You so darn good. Next time early early say lah. Bye bye.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
" I want to understand the psychology of buyers "

So many invstors get so upset, so many so keksim, mood low low due to your debate comment and you want to understand psychological for your own need? It is soooo cruel. You so darn good. Next time early early say lah. Bye bye.

Good observation.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the SPA, it is stated the developer must complete the project within 3 years from the date of issue, which is by this year. If they fail to do that, they have to compensate buyers.

But now, the developer mentioned the estimated time of completion is end 2017.

Does it mean it is certain all buyers will get compensation?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry all bros , asking a stupid question here. There is a need to buy a small little condo for own use but will be good to get some rental income in the meantime ( don't mind subsidise the tenant a little to look after my condo ). Now come across two options . 1) Sky breeze @ around 540 psf @ 470k freehold , like staying in a modern kampong 2) Elyse Medini @ around 760 psf @ 650K leashold 130 yrs . this one look better like staying in a mini city .
Not thinking about making money but at least one that will not suck me dry ! Which is better choice bros ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the SPA, it is stated the developer must complete the project within 3 years from the date of issue, which is by this year. If they fail to do that, they have to compensate buyers.

But now, the developer mentioned the estimated time of completion is end 2017.

Does it mean it is certain all buyers will get compensation?

Some completion time is 36 mths, some 42 mths. Afterwhich you get 10% pa LAD payments until yr date of collection of keys depending on yr S&P. But sometimes, handover can be in batches but everyone should get some form of compensation. Also depends on developer as some try to weasel out of it.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry all bros , asking a stupid question here. There is a need to buy a small little condo for own use but will be good to get some rental income in the meantime ( don't mind subsidise the tenant a little to look after my condo ). Now come across two options . 1) Sky breeze @ around 540 psf @ 470k freehold , like staying in a modern kampong 2) Elyse Medini @ around 760 psf @ 650K leashold 130 yrs . this one look better like staying in a mini city .
Not thinking about making money but at least one that will not suck me dry ! Which is better choice bros ?

That depends on whether you like living kampong life or city life. Where do you like to live, or would enjoy living? But I think FH is usually a better option.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That depends on whether you like living kampong life or city life. Where do you like to live, or would enjoy living? But I think FH is usually a better option.

I usually do this. Go to the place and feel the air. If that place give me good vibes, that's it.
Done deal. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually do this. Go to the place and feel the air. If that place give me good vibes, that's it.
Done deal. :smile:

That's how we bought our first landed property! It was the last viewing of the day and we were super tired already, but we just bear with it and made our way there. Wife saw it, loved it, and we left to explore the immediate surroundings. And when we saw that just 2 minutes drive away is Regency Hospital, Tesco, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, banks, Today's Market, plus a row of shop houses to be built right outside our development, we knew we were right "at home". Next trip we came in with option money. The rest is history.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's how we bought our first landed property! It was the last viewing of the day and we were super tired already, but we just bear with it and made our way there. Wife saw it, loved it, and we left to explore the immediate surroundings. And when we saw that just 2 minutes drive away is Regency Hospital, Tesco, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, banks, Today's Market, plus a row of shop houses to be built right outside our development, we knew we were right "at home". Next trip we came in with option money. The rest is history.

Joke aside. I bought one of my more expensive property based on this good vibe feel. One was I went to a machine shop to get some repairs and the technician told me to come back 30 mins later. I had nothing to do and decided to drive around for a look see. I saw an agent hanging up a sale banner and I kaypo a bit. When told of the price and walkabout, told the agent to take down the banner and give me all the details. 1 week later, done deal. That's why I say..investing is fun. :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I liked both leh , but I feel Skybreeze at Bukit Indah is lower risk . Because only few condo s to complete for tenants , lower quantum , and freehold . Thanks for opinions

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I liked both leh , but I feel Skybreeze at Bukit Indah is lower risk . Because only few condo s to complete for tenants , lower quantum , and freehold . Thanks for opinions

LH is surrounded by FH. Will u buy LH?:p
Ai ya, my big mouth again..

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ermm... jasonjst, you posted in the wrong forum. This is for I.R.

Tekkun: Thanks for info. Yes, the S&P specifically stated it's 3 years or 36 months. If they complete only in end 2017 (as estimated by them), wouldn't they need to compensate a lot? 10% of purchase price I think. That's quite a bit....

But I suppose they have profited a lot in the first place. Hope they don't find excuses....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

For me the choice would be Bukit Indah as I like to be near where the food and shopping is, no need every time drive car. Even if friends come for stay over they will also enjoy the nearby conveniences.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's ok. I'm reposting for the benefit of I.R. owners:

Now the developer mentioned the estimated time of completion is end 2017. Do check it out!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's ok. I'm reposting for the benefit of I.R. owners:

Now the developer mentioned the estimated time of completion is end 2017. Do check it out!

I recalled the developer/lawyer send a letter stating the amendment of completion date to Dec 2017.. not sure where I have file it.. will search for it.