• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Beginning to like this 700 more and more also the way it organises the parts for drying, the stand or organiser is great

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Baywalk Mall in north Jakarta is the latest mall in Jakarta (not all shops open), this Ace Hardware branch there is the second biggest in Indonesia. Also new in this mall is the Farmer's Market a high end supermarket. What a pleasant surprised again to have found out that organic veges are available and not pricey there.

In Spore the locally produced stuff are relatively cheaper than the the Australian products. They are grown chemical free but with the limited land space in Spore, the soil is probably depleted of nutrients. Most are probably grown hydroponically.

What you are paying for is for the higher rentals & power. In Jakarta is rentals & power are cheaper than in Spore

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In Spore the locally produced stuff are relatively cheaper than the the Australian products. They are grown chemical free but with the limited land space in Spore, the soil is probably depleted of nutrients. Most are probably grown hydroponically.

What you are paying for is for the higher rentals & power. In Jakarta is rentals & power are cheaper than in Spore

Agree with you on the rentals and land space. Funny la organic vege in Thailand costs about 2-3 times here, makes me want to spend more time here LOL. Anyway now I am happy as like anywhere I go I can juice. Everyone around me told me there is a significant change with me, good encouragement and I will continue hopefully becoming a lifestyle. Cheers Johnny.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys how much veggies and fruits do you need to buy to create like 500 ml of liquid that i read that most of you will drink daily so it's like 500ml x7 worth of veggies to last one week. Sounds like a lot of veggies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys how much veggies and fruits do you need to buy to create like 500 ml of liquid that i read that most of you will drink daily so it's like 500ml x7 worth of veggies to last one week. Sounds like a lot of veggies.

Hard to say because some juicers are more efficient than others. It also depends on the type of produce you are juicing. For example wheatgrass gives less juice than carrots. Some juicers have trouble with wheat grass.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Yes Jah Johnny is correct. Its like our grandmother cooking everything is aga-aga cannot measure. How about you prepare the amount of veges you want then for fruits just cut some and if not enough juice cut more la.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you on the rentals and land space. Funny la organic vege in Thailand costs about 2-3 times here, makes me want to spend more time here LOL. Anyway now I am happy as like anywhere I go I can juice. Everyone around me told me there is a significant change with me, good encouragement and I will continue hopefully becoming a lifestyle. Cheers Johnny.

If you haven't already seen it. Take a look at this movie. It has inspired many to take up juicing.

[video=youtube;8o0pSnp0Xs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0pSnp0Xs8[/video]

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you haven't already seen it. Take a look at this movie. It has inspired many to take up juicing.

Amazing real life movie, indeed inspirational

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Juicing green vegetables sounds yucky....
Just eat them the traditional ways la....in salad or stir-fry....boiled or steamed also can.

I don't actually juice but blend the veggies with fruits like apples and pears. I even started on yellow bell peppers. Thank god for the strong taste of apples and pears cos if you mix these in or oranges you won't taste the veggies.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
speaking of detox what sort of veggies should one take to detox?

Seriously speaking drinking these veggies is the fastest and the best way of keeping healthy i don't know why some ppl want to make it so complicated and you don't have to follow johnny333 because he is hardcore. You can start off with fewer veggies maybe take more fruits instead. If you cannot buy organic i suppose just drinking the ones from any supermarket are ok at least you are now taking in fruits and veggies which you didn't before you started on juicing/blending.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have 2 expensive juicers sitting idle in the cabinets. don't bother to juice these days. after washing and cutting up vege and fruit, just eat them. it helps with jaw and cheek muscles. plus, they taste better crunchy. :biggrin:

It's good that you love the taste of veggies. Some ppl don't like them but who truly cares about this. The entire point of this thread is about health and as long as you absorb them that's the most important thing. Jaw exercise well you can do that seperately PS you should exercise the muscles on your face.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fruits contain too much fructose which is bad for diabetics.

Also, I am careful about where my fruits come from. Eg You will be shocked to find that the apples that I grow at my hobby farm has 3 times more nutrients than one imported into Singapore.

Also, the quality of the fruit is important, soil conditions should be optimal so that the fruit is growing healthy.

Sick soil produce sick fruit, using wrong fertilisers can make the soil sick.

When humans eat sick food, it cause problems for humans.

Should eat the soil to get the most nutrients. You know some of us aren't in oz so we do the best we can.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i will start on a 10 days juice fast , then proceed to another 20 days juice fast after i have cleared up all my almond milk packets.. it should be a real experience.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought this model also, but how do you clean the tiny holes (non through hole) encased by the black plastic skeletal sleeve?

Beginning to like this 700 more and more also the way it organises the parts for drying, the stand or organiser is great

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
speaking of detox what sort of veggies should one take to detox?

Seriously speaking drinking these veggies is the fastest and the best way of keeping healthy i don't know why some ppl want to make it so complicated and you don't have to follow johnny333 because he is hardcore. You can start off with fewer veggies maybe take more fruits instead. If you cannot buy organic i suppose just drinking the ones from any supermarket are ok at least you are now taking in fruits and veggies which you didn't before you started on juicing/blending.

I am actually not hardcore but have to watch out for the sugars that are contained in fruits because I have type II diabetes.
Common foundational veggies that reduce the veggie taste are carrots & green apples. When I 1st started juicing I would use 2 to 3 carrots but now only include 1 because someone warned me that others who only juiced carrots eventually develop diabetes.

Many who take up juicing are usually the old with health problems. :o So maybe these people were already pre-diabetic:confused: I really don't know but I've reduced the amount of carrots that I use to just 1.

There are plenty of juicing recipe books in the library. You can also find them at MPH & Popular in JB. However the ingredients that I use are the ones listed in the Gerson Therapy: Kale, Swiss Chard, celery, carrots, beetroot, & apples. Of course you don't have to include all of these in a juice to enjoy the health benefits. Whatever you decide to juice it is better than doing without.

If cost is an issue you can try wheat grass & apples. I have seen Wheat grass sold at NTUC e.g. AMK interchange

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will start on a 10 days juice fast , then proceed to another 20 days juice fast after i have cleared up all my almond milk packets.. it should be a real experience.

If you look at americans diet, they eat too much. If you have ever visited the US you'll know about the large portions served at restaurants. Their Big Macs & fries are very large.
The food portions in Spore are tiny so you won't find as many obese people here.

If you eat plenty of junk food you should look at fasting as a way to purge your system.