• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice please

enigmata

Hi Im in the pastry path and currently working in the bakery industry Ive the intention of furthur my study pasty school, what are the chances of getting a permanant job leading to pr and eventually citizenship. Im done with the shit here and willing to risk it all just to get the hell out of this shit hole. Hopefully anyone can spare me guidance or whatever it takes to sip into the crack either aus or nz, many thanks.

enigmata

No advice? How about getting a job after pastry school there? Ive read in one of the thread that cordonbleu is good but at the cost of $27000au does it guarantee to land a job? really appreciate any guidance before jumping as Im undecided which school should I apply to.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Obviously nobody here knows the details pertaining to your particular vocation. I suggest you visit the nz immigration website to see whether you can glean some helpful info from the contents.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guess none of us are familiar with the industry. I know "Cooks" & "Hairdressers" were able to obtain PRs here in Aus previously, but I've heard they've taken those out of the Occupations in Demand List since..

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Im in the pastry path and currently working in the bakery industry Ive the intention of furthur my study pasty school, what are the chances of getting a permanant job leading to pr and eventually citizenship. Im done with the shit here and willing to risk it all just to get the hell out of this shit hole. Hopefully anyone can spare me guidance or whatever it takes to sip into the crack either aus or nz, many thanks.

Worked as a chef in perth, you can get the help of an agent. It's gonna cost you about aussie 4k. It's tough in the pastry line as most big restaurants needs only 1 pastry chef. Best bet is you try hotels. Also try to get accommodations BEFORE you arrive in OZ or else you will be staying in a hotel for months.

Last edited:

enigmata

Thanks for the advice guys really appreaciates all the advises and will be doing more researching on baker trade.

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also try to get accommodations BEFORE you arrive in OZ or else you will be staying in a hotel for months.

Not unless one knows the area well, market rate and condition of the rental property, it is going to be difficult to rent BEFORE arriving. Likewise, the landlord is not likely to rent to someone he has not seen and is overseas. It is big risk for anyone renting to an unknown person overseas or for a person to rent a place without seeing it first.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not unless one knows the area well, market rate and condition of the rental property, it is going to be difficult to rent BEFORE arriving. Likewise, the landlord is not likely to rent to someone he has not seen and is overseas. It is big risk for anyone renting to an unknown person overseas or for a person to rent a place without seeing it first.

Yes thats true. But he can ask his employer to get him accommodations first. That's what I did and they put me up in one of their hotels for a month.

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes thats true. But he can ask his employer to get him accommodations first. That's what I did and they put me up in one of their hotels for a month.

Wow, stay in hotel for a month? That is luxurious.. hope meals included..

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't an expensive hotel. They own it. Captain Sterling. I get free lunches and dinner at the restaurant I worked in. That's one of the perks in the FnB line.

busybee1688

Alfrescian
Loyal
google for YHA.... they have shared with others room, cheap daily rate....

F&B trade should be easy to get a job but getting the visa need go throught the "passing marks"...

So google for the country migration web site and calculate....not enough marks then work around it.....

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change profession ? Construction and Health are in big demand, well at least under the demand list.
My dodgy supervisor got his plumber cert.. Approved by trade.. Happily in Perth ever after... He bought a place with a pool ! I am happy for him ! As for me, i am selling chickens, aint bad too. The world shall be your oyster, if you choose the path carefully..