• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scholes snubs Manchester United coaching role

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks to those morons again for supporting this section. I will send u my greetings as show of appreciation. :biggrin:

Scholes snubs Manchester United coaching role

279837_heroa.jpg

Jul 7, 2013 2:55:00 PM

Despite the appointment of Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville to David Moyes' backroom staff, the recently retired midfielder has opted to spend more time with his family

Paul Scholes has rejected the chance to form part of Manchester United’s new-look coaching team due to family reasons.

New manager David Moyes revealed that he asked the 38-year-old to follow in the footsteps of Ryan Giggs and former team-mate Phil Neville by becoming a coach following his decision to retire from playing for a second time in May.

Scholes is keen to spend more time with his family after discussing a potential coaching role with Moyes, though the Scot hinting that the former England international still forms part of his long-term plans behind the scenes at Old Trafford.

Moyes told the club’s official website: "I wanted to make sure I had connections to what happened here.

"I spoke to Paul Scholes as well. He wants to have some time off with his family.

"Paul was fantastic with me and wanted to help a lot. I probably spent an hour or two on the phone with him. He wants to spend time with his family at the moment.

"We'll bring him in when he's ready."

On the decision to involve Giggs and Neville in his coaching set-up, Moyes added: "I wanted to make sure I had some young members of staff behind me as well."

Scholes spent his entire professional career at United, winning 11 Premier League titles and the Champions League twice.