• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Benitez wants Spain job

FernandoTorres

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Benitez wants Spain job

290757_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts22

Jul 6, 2013 9:27:00 AM

The 53-year-old has suggested that he would be interested in coaching the national team in the future and has revealed that his current club remind him of Liverpool

Napoli coach Rafa Benitez has admitted that he would be open to taking charge of Spain's national team if Vicente del Bosque leaves his job at some point in the future.

The successful coach recently revealed that he intends to quit as national team boss after the 2014 World Cup and Benitez has refused to rule out coaching la Roja.

"Would I be open to the Spain job? I hope that Del Bosque remains in charge for a long time, but you never know what will happen in the future," Benitez told Minuto 116.

"I would be interested in coaching the national team at some point."

The 53-year-old then went on to compare Napoli to Liverpool because of their passionate fans.

"I accepted the Napoli job because of the enthusiasm and passion surrounding the club. I am keen to repay the club on the pitch.

"Napoli remind me a bit of Liverpool. We have a lof of quality players and an incredible hunger to win."

Benitez was in charge of Liverpool from 2004 until 2010 before spells with Inter and Chelsea, with whom he won the Europa League last season.

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks to those morons again for supporting this section. I will send u my greetings as show of appreciation. :biggrin:

Benitez: I was ignored at Inter

282074_heroa.jpg

By Andrew Wychrij94
Jul 7, 2013 7:58:00 AM

The Napoli boss has expressed frustration over his previous stint in Serie A, claiming that the Nerazzurri refused to take his ideas into consideration to their own cost

Rafa Benitez has taken a swipe at former employers Inter, claiming the club hierarchy ignored his plans to develop the squad.

The Spaniard replaced Jose Mourinho at the Nerazzurri in June 2010 but was dismissed barely six months later after a string of disappointing results, leaving the then-Champions League holders and 2009-10 season treble winners in seventh place in Serie A.

Inter laboured to a ninth-placed finish in Italy's top flight last season, and Benitez, who took the reins at Napoli after spending much of last season as interim boss at Chelsea, believes the club has paid the price for not listening to his ideas three years ago.

"I prefer to remember only the positive things from my time at Inter," the 53-year-old stressed to Minuto 116.

"For example, the fact we won the Italian Super Cup and Club World Cup.

"However, many people pass judgment without knowing what really happened. The truth is that the club and technical staff sat down together to plan a renewal of the squad, including the names of new players, but these suggestions were never followed.

"The way I see it, this was the cause of everything that happened at Inter that year and possibly even in the following campaigns."

Benitez, who famously led Liverpool to Champions League success in 2005, saw his relationship with Nerazzurri president Massimo Moratti sour after calling for investment in players after the club's 2010 Club World Cup success.

However, the former Valencia boss insists that he was right to ask for reinforcements despite Inter having just enjoyed the most successful season in their history under Jose Mourinho prior to his arrival.

"In order to continue winning, it is crucial to know when to renew the side. Sooner or later it has to be done," he continued.

"Now I have the opportunity for a new experience in Italy. I hope it will be a long one, because that would mean we had success and achieved our objectives."