• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phil Neville appointed Manchester United coach

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phil Neville appointed Manchester United coach

288155_heroa.jpg

Jul 4, 2013 3:50:00 PM

The Premier League champions have confirmed that the former Red Devil is set to return to Old Trafford and link up with Ryan Giggs on the backroom staff

Manchester United have confirmed that Phil Neville has been appointed as first-team coach by David Moyes with immediate effect.

Goal revealed on Thursday morning that the 36-year-old had been presented to the players at their Carrington training ground, and the Red Devils have now confirmed he has joined the Old Trafford backroom staff.

The former England international spent 10 years at United after making his debut at the age of 18, winning six Premier League titles, three FA Cups and the Champions League between 1995 and 2005.

He subsequently spent eight years playing under Moyes at Everton after a £3.5 million move, before announcing his retirement in the summer.

"I have known and worked with Philip for eight years and in that time I have come to know his dedication, ability to lead and appetite for hard work," Moyes stated in a press release.

"In addition, of course, he understands the club very well and I think his addition to the coaching staff will be a valuable one.”

Neville spoke of his delight at returning to his boyhood club, saying: “When I retired from football, I knew that I wanted to continue in the game; it’s something that I have been preparing for over the last few years.

"So when David called to give me this opportunity, I couldn’t resist. I gave my all when I played for Everton but it is no secret that this club is in my heart.

"I’ve really enjoyed working with David and his staff as a player and I think that, together with Ryan, we can make a real contribution to Manchester United.”

Neville joins assistant manger Steve Round, goalkeeping coach Chris Woods and coach Jimmy Lumsden in following the Scottish manager from Goodison Park, who has also given Ryan Giggs a player/coach role.