• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to go about looking for work in New Zealand

Suriyothai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I want to know how to go about looking for work in New Zealand. I am currently based in Cambodia and have been unable to hook up any work since I left my last job one year ago. A friend had suggested that I try my luck in New Zealand given that my skillset might be in demand there. I have browse a few job website and my friend may be somewhat correct. I currently in my 40s.

Appreciate all comments and advice.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Kiwiland, put on a comfortable pair of shoes and walkaround, look for signs that say "Help Wanted," then walk in and say you are looking for work. That's the best way of getting work. Oh yes, and it helps if you hide any tattoos on your arms. Good luck!

Cheers!

Suriyothai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not looking into emigration. For a start, if can land a one year contract work and then take it from there. If I fly into NZ as a tourist, how many says tourist visa will they allow me to stay there? And says if I do land a job while I am there, obviously I cannot work with the tourist visa. If the hiring firm willing to process the nexessary permit visa for me, how long would that take?