• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia economy shows recessionary behaviors.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 quarters of negatives

real-gross-national-expenditure.png

The foreign investors running away from AUD.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprised oz is in a recession. Overspending by govt due to blowout in boat ppl numbers, a huge public sector, and failures in carbon tax etc.

Now w china not buying as much commodities n manufacturing dying in oz. Things just going to get worse.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprised oz is in a recession. Overspending by govt due to blowout in boat ppl numbers, a huge public sector, and failures in carbon tax etc.

Now w china not buying as much commodities n manufacturing dying in oz. Things just going to get worse.

Labor govt don't save money. In fact, Labor set up a new policy to grab money from accounts that are not used for 3 yrs or more.
Have you seen the kind of people living in safe Labor seats?

real-gdp.png

The last Coalition govt created a Future Fund and save money there.

446666-121026-b-future-fund-portfolio.jpg

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Neddy,
since yr mailbox is full I have to put this letter up on this thread.

I am thinking of starting a thread about Oz with a focus on Perth. I understand both of u and Valiant are living happily in Perth. This thread will focus on life in Perth and issues faced in employment and living etc. But of course also include politics, economics, boat people etc as all these affect the life of the people living here.

I tend to be quite negative about the shit I see in perth and i believe you 2 eat more salt than I eat rice. So if you 2 are willing to contribute and keep the thread going it will be good. I hope the thread outlast the bullshit Sun Ho thread started by boss sam.

One way to start is to put news articles up and comment on it. Would you chums support such an 'idea'?

thanks hor,

kind regards.
The Hypocrite

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much is Australia spending on the boat people problem?
Is Australia's public sector larger than sinkapore's?
Carbon tax is merely reflecting in the market the price of pollution. If you have public healthcare, carbon tax is one way to reclaim some of the hidden cost from pollution.

Main problem for Australia is the tepid demand for commodities.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro TH,

I'm in melbourne, not perth. Only been once to perth, when I was 7(?).. about 25 years ago..:biggrin:

But would most definately contribute where/when I can, though Bro Neddy is like the.. Guru!

Dear Neddy,
since yr mailbox is full I have to put this letter up on this thread.

I am thinking of starting a thread about Oz with a focus on Perth. I understand both of u and Valiant are living happily in Perth. This thread will focus on life in Perth and issues faced in employment and living etc. But of course also include politics, economics, boat people etc as all these affect the life of the people living here.

I tend to be quite negative about the shit I see in perth and i believe you 2 eat more salt than I eat rice. So if you 2 are willing to contribute and keep the thread going it will be good. I hope the thread outlast the bullshit Sun Ho thread started by boss sam.

One way to start is to put news articles up and comment on it. Would you chums support such an 'idea'?

thanks hor,

kind regards.
The Hypocrite

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The amount they are spending on the boat people is huge,,,nearly 10 billion and if that 10 billion is not spent,,,the budget will be in a surplus now.

What constitutes the cost of boat people?

1) overtime payments for immigration officials
2) gahmen payments to refugee advocates
3) legals cost as these leeches can appeal
4) housing, food, medical cost to these people in detention
5) cost of detention
6) welfare payments to those released into the community

Friday, 03 May 2013
Some frightening calculations on the costs of illegal boat arrivals

In April this year 3,436 people arrived on illegal boats, most of whom identified as asylum seekers.

The trend of late has been an increasing flow of inbound boat arrivals - but for the sake of this discussion let's assume 3,436 per month remains constant for the next 12 months.

That's 42,232 people arriving by boat in the next year.

There are a few reasonably reliable indicative calculations of the costs of processing each asylum seeker in the first year after arrival.

Labor budgeted $1.1bn in the 2012/13 budget for processing asylum seekers on the assumption we would get 450 arrivals per month. That works out at a cost of $203,704 per person in Labor's cost estimates.

The Australian Council of Social Services calculated the cost of processing each asylum seeker in detention on Christmas Island as $180,000 for the first year.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...n-migrants-daily-struggle-20120802-23ihl.html

Let's go with the lower figure of $180,000 by 42,232 people - that's $7.42 billion

That buys a lot of Gonski, NDIS or increased Medicare levy.

I know these calculations are imperfect and indicative - but surely the scale of the problem and the costs are pretty clear to anyone with a calculator who reads this blog. How are we simply letting day after day roll on as this huge and uncontrolled cost accumulates?

Thanks to reader JD for some of the pointers to those figures.

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013/05/some-frightening-calculations-on-the-costs-of-illegal-boat-arrivals.html

Need I go on?

How much is Australia spending on the boat people problem?
Is Australia's public sector larger than sinkapore's?
Carbon tax is merely reflecting in the market the price of pollution. If you have public healthcare, carbon tax is one way to reclaim some of the hidden cost from pollution.

Main problem for Australia is the tepid demand for commodities.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read the 10 Billion in the Australian print edition. In todays The Australian, a very good article is posted on the boat people. so the 10 billion is a damn accurate figure,,,all this is problems are caused by the Greens and other left wing bleeding heart liberals. This 10 Billion is being paid by the australian tax payers and its a violation of the human rights of the tax payers...

anyway in today's day and age...Aust should just close the doors to refugees and let migrant entry be based on investment and skilled category..why do Oz need refugees? they are low skilled and lowly educated..are here only cos of the legal rights and got good benefits. Dont forget in Europe now, they are closing the doors to all these economic exploiters as they cost too much and generate no economic benefit..its high time Oz do the same and stop burdening tax payers with all this bull shit.

Even this anti-Labour article didn't dare to put up a figure of $10 billion. It is not your fault ...it is the fault of Michael Smith

http://www.bigpondmoney.com.au/illegal-boat-arrivals-what-it-really-costs

Why is Australia so attractive to these boat people?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read the 10 Billion in the Australian print edition. In todays The Australian, a very good article is posted on the boat people. so the 10 billion is a damn accurate figure,,,all this is problems are caused by the Greens and other left wing bleeding heart liberals. This 10 Billion is being paid by the australian tax payers and its a violation of the human rights of the tax payers...

anyway in today's day and age...Aust should just close the doors to refugees and let migrant entry be based on investment and skilled category..why do Oz need refugees? they are low skilled and lowly educated..are here only cos of the legal rights and got good benefits. Dont forget in Europe now, they are closing the doors to all these economic exploiters as they cost too much and generate no economic benefit..its high time Oz do the same and stop burdening tax payers with all this bull shit.

So, what do we do with refugees? It is a global problem ...more refugees created everyday ...besides those in Africa, we now have Syria and soon, Turkey will join the rank of country creating refugees.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Close the borders...its a domestic matter...of course under the skilled migration scheme, can accept their Drs and Engineers etc,,those that can benefit the economy,,,and cap those muslim immigrants,,they are creating problems in their host countries..let them in for what?????

So, what do we do with refugees? It is a global problem ...more refugees created everyday ...besides those in Africa, we now have Syria and soon, Turkey will join the rank of country creating refugees.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Close the borders...its a domestic matter...of course under the skilled migration scheme, can accept their Drs and Engineers etc,,those that can benefit the economy,,,and cap those muslim immigrants,,they are creating problems in their host countries..let them in for what?????

Wah lau ...like that ah ...the whites also complain leh that too many Asians (black and brown) in their country. Like that how?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never said anything about reverting to the white australia policy. I am just saying that Aust should not accept anymore refugees and should leave the refugee convention which is nothing more than a dud policy that creates social problems for the host country. Y should any country that have concern for its own citizens allow blood suckers and leeches into their country and let its own people pay to feed others? These refugees are not accepted based on the skills that they can bring to their host country. They are nothing but cost and social problems. by closing the borders to them, the country saves heaps and the deficit will end within a year.

Asians get deported ...revert back to White Australia policy?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are nothing but cost and social problems. by closing the borders to them, the country saves heaps and the deficit will end within a year.

The story is that Kevin Rudd, a self serving bastard, let the asylum seekers in without proper checks. He is a maverick without union backers, so popular policies with his supporters is critical to his PMship. He did simple heroic acts like saying Sorry and made a statement against Workchoices (which is why there are now more part-time and contract jobs compared to permanent jobs in Australia)

The Gillard govt does not have power to deal with the problems because Labor Left and Green Left are against the idea and her fragile minority govt will fall anytime if she returns to Howard policies.

Just watch. One Nation Party is coming back and they appear to have nailed the refugee issue and have sensible ideas about solving the $10billion issue. (Her policy is the same as Liberal)

Can ignore another nationalist party, the Australia First Party.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Labor government loves taking poor and boat people in as these groups will most likely support Labour Party. Most Aussies are too dumb to question this policy or they feel that they have no say having stolen the land from others too. If Labour Party stays for another 5 years, taxpayers can be certain that their tax money will go to support much more useless eaters and their chain of kids. Healthcare system, etc, will also be overstrained.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Labor government loves taking poor and boat people in as these groups will most likely support Labour Party. Most Aussies are too dumb to question this policy or they feel that they have no say having stolen the land from others too. If Labour Party stays for another 5 years, taxpayers can be certain that their tax money will go to support much more useless eaters and their chain of kids. Healthcare system, etc, will also be overstrained.

Yeah, the Aussie government should clamp down on payments going to immigrants. My friend's parents, immigrated to Perth a few years ago, were complaining about the high taxes there, yet bragging of the free money they got from the government just because they were seniors.