• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lorry driver flees after hitting illegally-parked car

Ginchiyo Tachibana

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Lorry driver flees after hitting illegally-parked car

flee600_0.jpg

AsiaOne | Monday, Jun 3, 2013

SINGAPORE - A lorry driver allegedly fled after his vehicle scraped a Toyota car which was parked illegally. The incident has raised the question of which party is at fault.

According to Stomp contributor, the incident took place on Sunday morning along Sam Leong Road in the Jalan Besar area.

In his report, the contributor said:

"I was driving along Sam Leong Road at 7.45am on Sunday morning (Jun 2) when the lorry in front of me hit the right side of a Toyota vehicle parked illegally along double yellow lines.

"The driver of the lorry quickly reversed a little and drove off, turning into a carpark just 50 metres away while the passenger was seen turning to look at the direction of the Toyota.

"I tapped the horn but the lorry driver refused to stop. I drove back to the area and left a note on the driver's windscreen with the details.

"Given that many people were having their breakfast at the two coffeeshops just next to the area where the Toyota was parked illegally, did the lorry driver realistically expect not to be seen?"