• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any sinkie takers? - Ghandi's sandals up for auction

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
May worth a million dollars one day

GhandiSandals1005e.jpg

Gandhi's sandals up for auction in Britain

Published on May 10, 2013
10:34 PM

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of sandals formerly owned by India's independence hero Mahatma Gandhi is to go under the hammer in Britain later this month.

Auction house Mullock's said the battered leather shoes, due to be sold on May 21, were expected to fetch up to £15,000 (S$28,600) despite being "in a bad state".

The scandals are among the star lots in "one of the largest collections of memorabilia relating to Mr Mahatma Gandhi ever to be offered", the auction house in Shropshire, central England, said.

The collection also includes Mr Gandhi's will - written "in a neat secretarial hand" and signed by him in Gujerati - which is expected to sell for up to £40,000, as well as a shawl hand-woven from thread that he spun himself.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any idiot buys them especially a sinkie well then he is a moron but if a shit skin buys them they have a bit of leeway since they have a sub 100 iq anyway but I can bet no Indian will win the bid or even bid for this even though Ghandi is the father of modern shitland cos shit skins are cheap skates.

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to be sure it belonged to Gandhi?

Got DNA prove or not?

Sekali it belong to just any Ah Neh in the street.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One day, the Auction house in London, will put up "you know who" hand washed undies for sale ( verified & authenticated by another you know who?). ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ghandi is a very popular figure in the West and he is often quoted in literature, newspapers, media etc. I wont be surprised if a Museum or rich private collector will buy it...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the unwashed ones will be worth more,..some nutjob will definately want it as he is a hero to many. Their obsession with it will be equal to those who like the used school gals one...

One day, the Auction house in London, will put up "you know who" hand washed undies for sale ( verified & authenticated by another you know who?). ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You guys are all blinded by your racism but please put our racism aside. Consider this - $28,000 is what most of us sinkies can afford and in 5 yrs, 10 yrs, hell 20 yrs just imagine your $28,000 could well be over a million dollars. Hey this is something any sinkie can afford. Look at the money and forget about the skin.

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoa $28k leh...i can't afford...:(

besides, the shop British India has these kind of sandals, just buy a new pair from there...:o

You guys are all blinded by your racism but please put our racism aside. Consider this - $28,000 is what most of us sinkies can afford and in 5 yrs, 10 yrs, hell 20 yrs just imagine your $28,000 could well be over a million dollars. Hey this is something any sinkie can afford. Look at the money and forget about the skin.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the unwashed ones will be worth more,..some nutjob will definately want it as he is a hero to many. Their obsession with it will be equal to those who like the used school gals one...

Comes with stains will fetch a frentic bidding, especially stained with 'joy juice'... ha ha ha ha worth 10 'peanuts'...