• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Affordable houses in USA

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ariel Castro, 52, a school bus driver was charged with four counts of kidnapping — covering all three captives and the daughter born to one of them while she was held — and three counts of rape against the three women.

See this is the house that this school bus driver owned in USA. This is a bungalow with 4 levels including the basement and attic, and a garden and backyard. This same house would cost close to a million dollars in major cities in Canada and Australia. Another reason why to immigrate to USA where houses are affordable.

Wendy, I am currently in the USA. Here there is so much variety and choice you wont believe it. I am in a sunny, warm state where properties are selling for about 70-100 US$ per sq ft. You can choose from many locations and styles of homes - I have seen one home with a bowling alley, some with elevators, for example. Americans like size, so amenities like swimming pools, and home theaters are common.

But if you decide to buy the market is entering a long bull run as the American Housing recovery is well under way.

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is the build quality of the houses?

Build quality is very good, usually masonry or wood frame where I am. There are some run down areas where you see homes like the one this bus driver lived in, so its all relative. There is literally a neighborhood for every demographic here.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wendy, I am currently in the USA. Here there is so much variety and choice you wont believe it. I am in a sunny, warm state where properties are selling for about 70-100 US$ per sq ft. You can choose from many locations and styles of homes - I have seen one home with a bowling alley, some with elevators, for example.

USA homes are very affordable. Makes retirement very comfortable with a cheap home. There is also the option of buying a foreclosure home to take advantage of the extreme low prices in foreclosures. I do not have expertise in foreclosure homes, can't say if it is a good or bad purchase option. I have seen nice big houses going for under $100,000 in a foreclosure in a medium size USA city.

1rRLXVz.jpg
WnUBTwf.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
USA homes are very affordable. Makes retirement very comfortable with a cheap home. There is also the option of buying a foreclosure home to take advantage of the extreme low prices in foreclosures. I do not have expertise in foreclosure homes, can't say if it is a good or bad purchase option. I have seen nice big houses going for under $100,000 in a foreclosure in a medium size USA city.

be wary of foreclosed homes. some evicted prior owners are so pissed off they punch holes in walls, rip out electrical wiring, crack tiles in bathrooms and floors, flood hardwood floors, shit on carpeting, break mirrors, windows and doors, smash kitchen cabinets, whack and stain granite countertops, and pour concrete mix into toilets. yards are almost always wasted like a war zone. for many, it may require over usd100k to repair and remodel. the worst has sewage pipes filled with quickcrete and wiring that is deliberately short-circuited.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to pour cold water, just don't be the last to get out. :biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzKrLGcG5I4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scary costs

o-COLLEGE-COSTS-570.jpg

OZ is already so expensive, US is surprisingly worse.
2012-Cost-Per-Hospital-Day-Global-IFHP1.jpg

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still have large inventory of houses under $100K in major cities.

So. I find good locations - safe suburbs, good schools, convenience and plenty of good paying jobs nearby more important than house prices.