• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death of the Emigration Folder

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can you do well when you spent half of your life starring at rotating ceiling fan..... hahaha

In which statement I declared myself well ? Watching ceiling fan rotating is another way of achieving enlightened ;-) It also hint that I hv heaps of time by myself of doing nothing with stress free for 2 hrs. Hehe

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am in Perth, bro. It's getting chilly now. I think Autumn is over, and winter is coming. I love the cool weather but my wife thinks it is too cold.

Actually, it has been a rather mild autumn, but it will get colder, esp at night, from Jun-Aug.

The best way is dress is still like an onion, I am in t-shirt now. But I have a light jacket for later. a neck scarf is useful to stop the cough.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came to this forum just for the emigration folder initially, with the same intend you outlined. The troll was devastating but that has been under control. Initially, I'll provide what I know, then there was lesser and lesser replies to the folder. Work and family commitment hasn't allowed me to come in here as often.

Bro, I may visit Sydney in the next few weeks.. May inspect & bid for a fleet car - Prado 150 series. Are you free during the weeknight for a kopi ? Once I've done my paper work, I'll drive the machine back to Melbourne :-)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you getting the car? PM me? If its near Parramatta, my place is near there.

Bro, I may visit Sydney in the next few weeks.. May inspect & bid for a fleet car - Prado 150 series. Are you free during the weeknight for a kopi ? Once I've done my paper work, I'll drive the machine back to Melbourne :-)

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no hurry.. I'll let you know. I am attending an auction in Vic on 21 May. Have a 'feel' before I head down to Sydney.

May also bid a coffee machine in Sydney. I can see heaps of coffee machine auction in Sydney.. The kopi tiams in NSW going bankrupt ah ?? Commercial kopi machine abt $5k is going for under 1k ! My garage is going to be a junk yard liao.. lol !

Where you getting the car? PM me? If its near Parramatta, my place is near there.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about coffee machines - I just plunked down $39 for my 1st ever coffee machine. Woolies having a promo for a caffitaly coffee machine for jus $39 with any $150 purchase. Was doing my grocery shopping a couple of days ago and decided to give this cheap offer a test. After all, $39 can buy and throw away if no good.

So far, the taste of the coffee I am trying (select brand capsules - medium roast smooth, 16 capsules for $5+) tastes relatively ok, but not great. No great coffee aroma, and tastes slightly burnt. But with milk and a bit of sugar, still tastes good; better than the Nescafe from the jar.

Will try other blends once this box of capsules is finished.

Am definitely not spending a few hundred bucks on expensive machines, as I am the only one who drinks coffee at home; and that's only 2 cups a day.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which coffee taste better? Capsule or the old fashioned powder (coffee machine type)?

I have a cheap $98 powdered-type coffee machine which i bought a couple of months ago from Harvey Norman. Only used about 5 times so far as I'm the only coffee drinker at home and seems troublesome to wash up the machine after doing 1 cup of coffee.

Always prefer Bushells Coffee to Nescafe..

Talking about coffee machines - I just plunked down $39 for my 1st ever coffee machine. Woolies having a promo for a caffitaly coffee machine for jus $39 with any $150 purchase. Was doing my grocery shopping a couple of days ago and decided to give this cheap offer a test. After all, $39 can buy and throw away if no good.

So far, the taste of the coffee I am trying (select brand capsules - medium roast smooth, 16 capsules for $5+) tastes relatively ok, but not great. No great coffee aroma, and tastes slightly burnt. But with milk and a bit of sugar, still tastes good; better than the Nescafe from the jar.

Will try other blends once this box of capsules is finished.

Am definitely not spending a few hundred bucks on expensive machines, as I am the only one who drinks coffee at home; and that's only 2 cups a day.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Zorro. Does the machine take the nescafe capsules? Nescafe brand could n better.

Any way it works out to b less than 50 cents per cup. Good leh. Will consider getting 1 but need the milk frother too.

Last edited:

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
no sure about the nescafe coffee.. but it takes gloria jean capsules - about 8 bucks for box of 16 capsules, as well as the woolies own select brand about 5bucks for box of 16caps.

Up to the point where I got this machine, I have been drinking 2-in-1 coffee (yeah... what can I say, I'm too lazy to make a proper cup of coffee, lol!) ... the supermix brand. I buy them from the asian shops - about $5 for a bag of 30 sachets.

But, definately the taste of the capsule coffee is way better than the taste of the 2-in-1 satchets.

Ozfamily

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Scroobal,
3 year old son- too early to inform CMPB ?
he migrated with family all PRs at 2 years old and will stay on till Oz Citizenship in 3 years time
any harm in informing CMPB early since we are all in OZ now rather than wait till circumstances change later?
Cos one of his parent may go back to Singapore cos of sick grandparents for some time soon....
So wanted to inform CMPB early ( lest they check and find out that one parent has not "migrated tog" or gone back to SG!)

Ozfamily

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Scroobal and friends

Don't be disheartened about the forum. It has proven very useful despite traffic moderating to a more comfortable pace.
There are still pple like me who voraciously read every post on each thread over a few nights.
We can continue to encourage each other and I am certainly willing to give advice on matters I feel qualified to do so

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot of migrants over here, doing something not related to their studies:

- Asian Migrants studying accounting, and not going into accounting route upon graduation. Many people like me did it for PR purposes.
- Indian Migrants studying IT, eventually a lot of them are going around driving cabs.

Anyway, I highly doubt they are going to remove accountants from the Occupations in Demand list, reason being the creative tax system that we have over here.

Melbourne is just 2 hours further than Perth.. not too far.. plus when you have kids in the future, time flies on the plane.
Used to be able to watch 2 and a half movies on the flight..now with kids its not even 1 movie.. sigh..

I reckon Perth is becoming more expensive due to the mining boom which has resulted in a lot of folks moving there from the rest of the states. Had a few friends who are in the engineering industry moved to Perth for work.

Wasnt the requirement for skilled job be accompanied by 2 years experience? How do they manage to stay on after graduated?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the old migration rules, the work experienced is waved as long as you graduate from an Australian university. In fact, IELTS wasn't even needed as long as you graduated from an aussie uni. A lot of migrants took a one year postgrad and got in. Unlike Singapore, the rules have been tightened over the years. Its no longer possible to do that now.

Wasnt the requirement for skilled job be accompanied by 2 years experience? How do they manage to stay on after graduated?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come by boat n all these so called road blocks r waived. Once the high court rule against the PNG scheme n the greens win more seats in the coming erection. All boat ppl will.get a free ride into oz land. Courtesy of tax payers.

Under the old migration rules, the work experienced is waved as long as you graduate from an Australian university. In fact, IELTS wasn't even needed as long as you graduated from an aussie uni. A lot of migrants took a one year postgrad and got in. Unlike Singapore, the rules have been tightened over the years. Its no longer possible to do that now.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The greens will have a hard time winning more seats. The hung parliament of the last term made a lot of people aware of the pitfalls of voting for independents, greens now. I know a lot of people actually would just chose between Labor or LIbs, rather then have that situation happen again.

Come by boat n all these so called road blocks r waived. Once the high court rule against the PNG scheme n the greens win more seats in the coming erection. All boat ppl will.get a free ride into oz land. Courtesy of tax payers.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the left wing media here is painting a cloudy picture,,but the greens in the eastern states the so called inner city areas are damn popular. to me the greens are nothing but a bunch of terrorists who dont give a shit about the future of the country.

I would vote one nation of some minor party for lower house. I wonder if the WA Nationals are popular in WA and can win something. But I will not vote Greens and Liberal for Senate seat. The last time the Liberals got control of both houses the working class became screwed,,,,no damn way..

And where is the Wizard of OZ (aka Neddy)? need his insight on this coming oz erection...

The greens will have a hard time winning more seats. The hung parliament of the last term made a lot of people aware of the pitfalls of voting for independents, greens now. I know a lot of people actually would just chose between Labor or LIbs, rather then have that situation happen again.