• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

lodylody

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jb is advancing for those don't think so is in denial.I said advancing..in progress .just compare how they collect tolls.singapore still hv to insert cash card.sometimes you forget they still raise barrier.sometimes u slot in and forgets to retrieve.

Jb toll,simply tap no tap no go.And at jbcc,you simply scan barcode for car park.i have not seen it in Singapore.But still improvements are required in jb to fine tune and find GOOD talented people to maintain

yes I agree, still in progress but at least already on the right track

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this link in another forum...poor workmanship for property development in China 长沙, 浏阳碧桂园

https://youtu.be/-26NmXaxKnc

Done abit more research to check whether developer same as Country Garden developer...omg....

Relationship between 浏阳碧桂园 and 碧桂园集团
http://wapbaike.baidu.com/view/2954453.htm?adapt=1&

Relationship between 碧桂园集团 and Malaysia 碧桂园
http://wapbaike.baidu.com/view/1257481.htm?from_lemma_title=碧桂园&from_lemma_id=682&from_type=syn

I reserve my conclusion. You need to draw your own conclusion after visiting these two chinese website...

Hope 碧桂园 not becoming 必归园.
Good luck!

Last edited:

lodylody

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this link in another forum...poor workmanship for property development in China 长沙, 浏阳碧桂园

Done abit more research to check whether developer same as Country Garden developer...omg....

http://wapbaike.baidu.com/view/1257481.htm?from_lemma_title=碧桂园&from_lemma_id=682&from_type=syn

I reserve my conclusion. You need to draw your own conclusion after visiting these two chinese website...

Good luck!

Thanks!

I already knew this long time ago, and I already warned the developer by myself, they said this wont be happened (but still who knows)

Based on my observation to the completed building at danga bay like the main showroom building, part of the mall, swimming pool, etc finishing is pretty good.

Have you heard about Forest City as well? (try to google and see the video) they are going to create 4 island near Tuas, and will dwarf sentosa. As of now, the main showroom building has been completed. My sister went there and told me the building quality, interior, exterior, beaches etc is very good.

Last but not least, once the building has been completed, all the buyers can list down all the defect, and we have the right to hold oir payment until all the defects fixed by the developers and we as the buyers satisfied.

Cheers!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Anyhow, i can say that their build quality will be 100% better than our local developer such as SP Setia and KSL. We should thank the chinese developers for helping to develop the City of Johor Bahru. Princess Cove and Danga Country Garden condo easily beat the horrible Setia & KSL apartments. Not forgetting the overpriced Suasana Condo that belong to the "ah Gua".....

lodylody

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. Anyhow, i can say that their build quality will be 100% better than our local developer such as SP Setia and KSL. We should thank the chinese developers for helping to develop the City of Johor Bahru. Princess Cove and Danga Country Garden condo easily beat the horrible Setia & KSL apartments. Not forgetting the overpriced Suasana Condo that belong to the "ah Gua".....

I agree with you, I, witnessed by myself, my sister unit at D'Inspire Residence by KSL. Horrible! Angry buyers united, created Facebook group and complaining to KSL like hell.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you, I, witnessed by myself, my sister unit at D'Inspire Residence by KSL. Horrible! Angry buyers united, created Facebook group and complaining to KSL like hell.

Yes. You are right. Some guys here just showing their anti Chinese Developer sentiment. Quite ridiculous. ....maybe they are sale agents of SP Setia or KSL !!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks!

I already knew this long time ago, and I already warned the developer by myself, they said this wont be happened (but still who knows)

Have you heard about Forest City as well? (try to google and see the video) they are going to create 4 island near Tuas, and will dwarf sentosa. As of now, the main showroom building has been completed. My sister went there and told me the building quality, interior, exterior, beaches etc is very good.

Last but not least, once the building has been completed, all the buyers can list down all the defect, and we have the right to hold oir payment until all the defects fixed by the developers and we as the buyers satisfied.

Cheers!

First of all, let me clarify I am not CG basher nor Setia supporters...I juat happened to read from another forum and get to know more about CG reputation in China..

You mention once the building has been completed, all the buyers can list down all the defect, and we have the right to hold oir payment until all the defects fixed by the developers and we as the buyers satisfied.
This is a correct step but also a move that may bring unwanted outcome..

The Project as mentioned in the video was launched with selling price over a millions.. but current resale value about 500k RMB after the news break out.

I can imagine if things really happened and buyers band togther to get the rework done.. it will eventually leaked to the public (another KSL saga perhaps) and it may bring down the resale value...in the worst case scenario, it may even affect entire Iskandar development since CG project/Forest City are giant projects.

If you have been travelling extensively in China..you will know the kind of things that happened there can be so wild that you cant even imagine a human would ever do..

I am not vested in CG BUT I hope CG will be doing fine..Some time.. I just simply hope.. 要死, 死远一点。 不要牵连他人。

My sincere apology if my comment appear to be CG/Chinese bashing.

Btw.. I kapo do abit more research.. CG listed (not sure in China or HK) and this is the recent report (Nov 2015). Apology, it in Chinese..

http://www.hkcd.com/content/2015-11/25/content_971602.html

Almost all projects kena complaint..

Critical remarks in the news report..

- 碧桂園因質量問題遭到業主維權幾乎已成“常態”。

- 有媒體統計數據顯示,年內,碧桂園在安徽安慶、巢湖、蕪湖,江蘇如東、靖江、無錫,廣東臺山等地,涉及6個省13地樓盤均出現工程質量問題和投訴 。

- 在記者調查過程中,有信息源透露,開發商為了省錢,應該是采取的最低施工標準。

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, let me clarify I am not CG basher nor Setia supporters...I juat happened to read from another forum and get to know more about CG reputation in China..

You mention once the building has been completed, all the buyers can list down all the defect, and we have the right to hold oir payment until all the defects fixed by the developers and we as the buyers satisfied.
This is a correct step but also a move that may bring unwanted outcome..

The Project as mentioned in the video was launched with selling price over a millions.. but current resale value about 500k RMB after the news break out.

I can imagine if things really happened and buyers band togther to get the rework done.. it will eventually leaked to the public (another KSL saga perhaps) and it may bring down the resale value...in the worst case scenario, it may even affect entire Iskandar development since CG project/Forest City are giant projects.

If you have been travelling extensively in China..you will know the kind of things that happened there can be so wild that you cant even imagine a human would ever do..

I am not vested in CG BUT I hope CG will be doing fine..Some time.. I just simply hope.. 要死, 死远一点。 不要牵连他人。

My sincere apology if my comment appear to be CG/Chinese bashing.

Btw.. I kapo do abit more research.. CG listed (not sure in China or HK) and this is the recent report (Nov 2015). Apology, it in Chinese..

http://www.hkcd.com/content/2015-11/25/content_971602.html

Almost all projects kena complaint..

Critical remarks in the news report..

- 碧桂園因質量問題遭到業主維權幾乎已成“常態”。

- 有媒體統計數據顯示,年內,碧桂園在安徽安慶、巢湖、蕪湖,江蘇如東、靖江、無錫,廣東臺山等地,涉及6個省13地樓盤均出現工程質量問題和投訴 。

- 在記者調查過程中,有信息源透露,開發商為了省錢,應該是采取的最低施工標準。

My apology to you too because i thought that you are just here to tarnish the image of Chinese developers. My thought is that whatever happened in China cannot be compared to Malaysia scenario. CG Danga Bay or Forrest City have endorsement from The Johor Sultan. That is as good as endorsement from Malaysia PM!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apology to you too because i thought that you are just here to tarnish the image of Chinese developers. My thought is that whatever happened in China cannot be compared to Malaysia scenario. CG Danga Bay or Forrest City have endorsement from The Johor Sultan. That is as good as endorsement from Malaysia PM!

Why do you take the endorsement from Johor Sultan that he is a savior for everything?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

No problem.. we are here for discussion.

IMHO, I think developer cares more on profit margin. if you go check on CG stock price.. it's trading between 3.xx to 4.xx with historical high of 12.xx.

CG projected 130+ Billion sales in 2015 and only manages to achieve 70+ BIllion sales as of Nov 2015.

If they want to bump up sales.. they need to price even more aggressively than before and that will bring cost pressure if they want to achieve same gross margin else investors will not be happy.

Consequences... CG's project can still meet the standard/rules as require... a slight catch here where meeting reuqirement can also means meeting the lowest possible requirement by law/rules. That how CG operates and I think this is a corpoerate wide strategy and its a top down decision. I DONT THINK any CG project can run away from this strategic decision. The report as provided above seem to echo this.

As for showroom quality... DONT EVER TRUST THE SHOWROOM DISPLAY. All developers behave the same way...

They (all developers, not just Chinese) may be building shit...

They will make it to looks like rose..
The sales agent will tell you.. this is not shit but roses.. and it smell like rose too.

It all boil down to CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you take the endorsement from Johor Sultan that he is a savior for everything?

If you are a Johorean, you will understand what i mean. Sultan of Johor is a prominent figure in the state. No one will want to mess with him including Malaysia PM. He said what he meant. When he endorsed something, he will make sure it works especially in his own backyard.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a Johorean, you will understand what i mean. Sultan of Johor is a prominent figure in the state. No one will want to mess with him including Malaysia PM. He said what he meant. When he endorsed something, he will make sure it works especially in his own backyard.

I'm Johorean and I like that the Sultan and TMJ are doing more projects to help the ppl and so on, they command a lot of respect. PM don't want to mess with him coz Johor has always been a BN stronghold. But market forces are out of their control, even if the head is good, there are a lot of crooks in the administration. Overall i would still say they have a positive impact but don't just blindly believe everything.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm Johorean and I like that the Sultan and TMJ are doing more projects to help the ppl and so on, they command a lot of respect. PM don't want to mess with him coz Johor has always been a BN stronghold. But market forces are out of their control, even if the head is good, there are a lot of crooks in the administration. Overall i would still say they have a positive impact but don't just blindly believe everything.

What i am saying is we cannot compare CG projects in JB and those in China. Is apple and orange comparison.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i am saying is we cannot compare CG projects in JB and those in China. Is apple and orange comparison.

Bro, i hope so.. but always remembers subsidiaries need to report back to HQ.

If top strategy decision not followed... Company/Group may failed...interest party here - the shareholders

If top strategy decision follow deligently,
Projeect quality may failed..interest party here - the buyers

Developers will always ensure pockets are secured...

It would be very interesting to see how it developes.... personally, i hope for the good.
While hoping for the good, should we pretend things would be different?

I believe。。。。 狗改不了吃屎。

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If top strategy decision not followed... Company/Group may failed...interest party here - the shareholders

It would be very interesting to see how it developes.... personally, i hope for the good.

I believe。。。。 狗改不了吃屎。

The way you put it is like CG is going to bankrupt soon. I will just take it as a joke from you. Be positive, bro. Your scepticism is unnecessary. The chinese developers' top people in HQ are much smarter than the local one. Let us welcome these chinese developers and investors with our open arms. Johoreans are so happy because they are helping us to shape our new skyline. Singaporeans will also benefit from it. I can imagine most of luxury units in Forest city is going to be snatched by Singaporeans. SO cheap.....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe。。。。 狗改不了吃屎。

There are 2 areas which need to be addressed. The materials used and the installation of it.

What can be used in China may not be approved to be used in Malaysia.

We do have our own standard in building materials and Uniform Building by Laws 1884.

The regulators in place such as Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and Bomba (Fire Department) / Institute of Fire Engineers, ACEM (Engineer body) and PAM (Architects Board). These are professionals bodies recognised internationally and not rubber stamps. We also have the professional architects to approve and take responsibility and liability of the entire project.

All materials and building plans need approvals from the Fire Department before they can be used, otherwise Certificate of Fitness will not be issued. For example, those videos of honeycomb cardboard fillings at the door. If it is a Firedoor, it cannot be used unless it is a system tested in Sirim furnace (Equivalent to SISIR of Singapore) and approved by Fire Department. If it is a normal bedroom door, then yes it can provided it is of Class 0 British Standard. Or those polystyrene cement materials, if it is a decorative panel (Class O), it can be used but if it is a wall that used as a corridor for people to escape, then the answer is negative. In some cases, impact tests are done to ensure it is fit for purpose. Developers will want to cut corners and go for the minimum standards possible but then again it has to stick to the standards of Malaysia.

As for the installation part, it is left to the contractors and the project management team. Some may use Chinese sub contractors yet others may subcontract the smaller packages out to the Banglas. So reputation plays an important part. When it come to finishing quality, I have seen the worst lot in the likes of Sime Darby or Mah Sing. I personally think Chinese contractors will be better than these bunch of locals.

UBBL.jpg

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 areas which need to be addressed. The materials used and the installation of it.

We do have our own standard in building materials and Uniform Building by Laws 1884.

The regulators in place such as Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and Bomba (Fire Department) / Institute of Fire Engineers, ACEM (Engineer body) and PAM (Architects Board). These are professionals bodies recognised internationally and not rubber stamps. We also have the professional architects to approve and take responsibility and liability of the entire project.

All materials and building plans need approvals from the Fire Department before they can be used, otherwise Certificate of Fitness will not be issued. For example, those videos of honeycomb cardboard fillings at the door. If it is a Firedoor, it cannot be used unless it is a system tested in Sirim furnace (Equivalent to SISIR of Singapore) and approved by Fire Department. If it is a normal bedroom door, then yes it can provided it is of Class 0 British Standard. Or those polystyrene cement materials, if it is a decorative panel (Class O), it can be used but if it is a wall that used as a corridor for people to escape, then the answer is negative. In some cases, impact tests are done to ensure it is fit for purpose. Developers will want to cut corners and go for the minimum standards possible but then again it has to stick to the standards of Malaysia.

As for the installation part, it is left to the contractors and the project management team. Some may use Chinese sub contractors yet others may subcontract the smaller packages out to the Banglas. So reputation plays an important part. When it come to finishing quality, I have seen the worst lot in the likes of Sime Darby or Mah Sing. I personally think Chinese contractors will be better than these bunch of locals.

View attachment 25914

Solid view from Tekkun. Very informative.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just sharing...

(1) 2010 news , but still relevant.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/520613.shtml

Houses sink in Shenzhen reclamation zone
Source:Global Times Published: 2010-4-9 17:52:05

in other countries, reclamation zones can be used for house construction 30 years after the surface has consolidated and is able to withstand seawater erosion. As property prices began skyrocketing in Shenzhen, property developers began building homes on the unstable ground.

(2) Rising from the ocean
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/723015.shtml

The region in Baoan was only reclaimed about 10 years ago with residential towers springing up five years later. However, geologists working for the district government have warned that it may take another 30 years for the reclaimed land to be fully usable.

(3) More recent news

Shenzhen’s plan for ‘new Central’ stumbles as foundation crumbles
13 July 2015 15:32 Arthur

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2015/07/...-new-central-stumbles-as-foundation-crumbles/

According to Apple Daily, at 10am last Monday the foundation of the Shenzhen Qianhai International Financial Center construction site gave in. Contractors were quoted as saying that the cause could be due to soft soil around the site. The report also mentioned that poor soil conditions may be attributable to the fact that construction site was on reclaimed land.

Good luck!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 25914

Bro.. as mentioned in my earlier post.. am not trying to imply CG giving sub standard product or product not meeting rules/guidelines.

Just like all engineering topic.. every rules and standards will define "tolerances".. so long the minimum requirement are met.. passed.

CG is "famous" for meeting the "rules/guidelines/standard" via meeting minimum requirement from many reports...

Am just trying to share what I have just known.

The China style of "hiong" can go beyond your imagination.

Am hoping everyone to stay alert... put in more check to safe guard your purchase from CG.. no harm, right?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just sharing...

(1) 2010 news , but still relevant.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/520613.shtml

Houses sink in Shenzhen reclamation zone
Source:Global Times Published: 2010-4-9 17:52:05

in other countries, reclamation zones can be used for house construction 30 years after the surface has consolidated and is able to withstand seawater erosion. As property prices began skyrocketing in Shenzhen, property developers began building homes on the unstable ground.

(2) Rising from the ocean
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/723015.shtml

The region in Baoan was only reclaimed about 10 years ago with residential towers springing up five years later. However, geologists working for the district government have warned that it may take another 30 years for the reclaimed land to be fully usable.

(3) More recent news

Shenzhen’s plan for ‘new Central’ stumbles as foundation crumbles
13 July 2015 15:32 Arthur

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2015/07/...-new-central-stumbles-as-foundation-crumbles/

According to Apple Daily, at 10am last Monday the foundation of the Shenzhen Qianhai International Financial Center construction site gave in. Contractors were quoted as saying that the cause could be due to soft soil around the site. The report also mentioned that poor soil conditions may be attributable to the fact that construction site was on reclaimed land.

As i know, Changi Airport also on reclaim land. So far so good.