• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have finally dropped by the showroom today. Impressive sales: over 80% sold :eek: There were still quite a lot of visitors, or rather Chinese tourists. I place my bet that by end of this year, it will be over 90% sold :wink:
internal sources said there is still at least one third unsold

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

2/3 x 9000 = 6000 units. Still very impressive sales figures within 1 year sales period. In Singapore, developers are struggling to move 100 units in 1 year now. However I think the MH370 incident could dent the Chinese sales slightly.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
GoodBye Danga Bay...

(Reuters) - The controversy surrounding missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has prompted many Chinese tourists, who once saw Malaysia as an attractive holiday destination, to look elsewhere, travel agents said on Tuesday.

Eleven Chinese travel agents told Reuters that bookings between China and Malaysia had fallen severely, and that many people have cancelled their trips, amid anger at the perceived lack of information provided by the Malaysian government to passengers' families.

"We used to have 30 to 40 customers a month for group tours to Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. Now there is no one asking about this route or booking," a travel agent surnamed Chen told Reuters by telephone.

"Tourists don't even consider going there. Many also have a negative impression of the country now," said Chen with Comfort Travel, in the southern city of Guangzhou, which focuses heavily on Southeast Asia tours.

In Beijing, angry relatives of Chinese passengers aboard the missing plane protested on Tuesday outside the Malaysian Embassy, demanding an explanation from the airline and accusing the government in Kuala Lumpur of "delays and deception".

Flight MH370, with 239 people on board, vanished from civilian radar screens less than an hour after take-off on March 8 on a routine flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Most of the passengers were Chinese.

"The Malaysian government deliberately delayed publicising real information about the flight. We should punish this completely irresponsible attitude and boycott Malaysian tourism," said a user of Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter.

"Originally I was considering travelling in Malaysia this year, now I think their country is so disgusting," wrote another microblogger. "They lied to everyone for half a month."

The slowdown in Chinese travel could hurt Malaysia's goal of boosting tourism, though the impact on the economy may be limited. Chinese tourist arrivals account for about 12 percent of Malaysia's total tourists and 0.4 percent of the country's gross domestic product, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a note.

Malaysia has targeted 28 million tourists this year and 76 billion ringgit ($23 billion) in receipts.

Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled group trips to Malaysia and stopped promoting cut-price tickets for fear of angering customers.

"The Malaysia Airlines incident involves national sentiment. If we go against the trend now, I'm afraid it will be provocative," said a travel agent surnamed Xu with another firm.

According to an online poll on Sina's news website, 77.5 percent of more than 21,000 participants said the MH370 furore would influence their decision on travelling in Malaysia.

Malaysian Tourism Minister Nazri Aziz said on Monday that "Visit Malaysia Year" roadshows in China would be halted until the MH370 case is closed. ($1 = 3.3 ringgit) (Additional reporting by Beijing Newsroom in BEIJING and Stuart Grudgings and Niluksi Koswanage in KUALA LUMPUR; Editing by Nick Macfie)

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the authorities are playing about MRT/HSR.If really serious about the heavy congestion which can be solve by building ferry terminal on each side. We are surrounded by plenty water no need to built bridges,guarantee no jam , just increase the no of ferries or ship which can carry humans , vehicles , etc. Water transport is the best cheap & unlimited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they want to inconvenient the public & jam all the way!!!!!

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
the authorities are playing about MRT/HSR.If really serious about the heavy congestion which can be solve by building ferry terminal on each side. We are surrounded by plenty water no need to built bridges,guarantee no jam , just increase the no of ferries or ship which can carry humans , vehicles , etc. Water transport is the best cheap & unlimited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they want to inconvenient the public & jam all the way!!!!!

No active forumers here bought into country garden? This thread has been abadon for months . Recently pay a visit there and heard they have 30 over units of 3 bedders seling at $720 per sq ft promotional rates irregardless of floor level. Is it a good deal considering it is in city centre zone?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally on reclaimed land??????

Some further inland blocks seems to be built on solid ground. They do not have much view but $720 psf high floor over there is good buy for own stay. In any case, once you are in JB, why stay indoor instead of exploring good food and places of interest outside?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wait till TOP then you will know how many were really sold and how many were bought on speculation.
There are so many projects in JB that just after TOP, you'll see huge banners flying outside windows and balconies with phone numbers - "FOR SALE".

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till TOP then you will know how many were really sold and how many were bought on speculation.
There are so many projects in JB that just after TOP, you'll see huge banners flying outside windows and balconies with phone numbers - "FOR SALE".

How likely do you think that after TOP, the speculative buyers will be putting up their Country Garden units for sales below the initial launching price considering that the developers are now starting to offer some 3-bedder units for sales at at $885K (this seems to be around the initial launching price I heard) and it is not really moving since they were put up for promotional sales a few weeks ago?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden may have cashflow impact based on this article.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/node/16159

RM600 billion Forest City to bring
positive impact to locals

BY CHUAH BEE KIM - 22 JULY 2014 @ 12:36 PM

JOHOR BARU: The RM600 billion Forest City development will bring more positive impact than negative ones to the people of Johor.

Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor (KPRJ) executive vice chairman Datuk Md Othman Yusof told a press conference here today that the development will bring direct and indirect returns to the state government which will then channel it to the local folk.

Md Othman said the taxes paid by those who occupy the man-made island will be used to build low-cost houses in suitable areas in Johor.

He said the project will also not affect the sea ports, namely, Port of Tanjung Pelepas but complement it.

Property values in the surrounding areas like Gelang Patah will also increase.

However, the stopwork order on reclamation works after several issues were raised had not only caused the developer Country Garden Property View to suffer financial loss, it may also shake the investors' confidence.

RM600 billion... No kidding...

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its raining money in Johor Bahru! I hope it creates a ripple impact on my properties in Nusajaya!

JOHOR BARU: The RM600 billion Forest City development will bring more positive impact than negative ones to the people of Johor.

Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor (KPRJ) executive vice chairman Datuk Md Othman Yusof told a press conference here today that the development will bring direct and indirect returns to the state government which will then channel it to the local folk.

Md Othman said the taxes paid by those who occupy the man-made island will be used to build low-cost houses in suitable areas in Johor.

He said the project will also not affect the sea ports, namely, Port of Tanjung Pelepas but complement it.

However, the stopwork order on reclamation works after several issues were raised had not only caused the developer Country Garden Property View to suffer financial loss, it may also shake the investors' confidence.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stopwork Order.
New Extra Taxation on reclaimation.
Financial Loss
Investors' / Developers' confidence shaken.
Big Problem

jc731

Alfrescian
Loyal
光华日报 Kwong Wah Yit Poh
【国际】

贪官外逃猖獗
中共下全球追捕令

中共十八大后雷霆反贪,各式大中小“老虎”不断落马,贪官如惊弓之鸟纷纷外逃!

在高层指令下,一场代号“猎狐2014”旨在缉捕外逃贪官的专项行动日前展开。公安部部署“逐人逐案”对贪官制订缉捕方案,并派小组到外逃贪官较多的国家及地区集中缉捕.

Any chances here in Iskandar region ???

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

Md Othman is counting his chickens before the eggs hatched. He can forget about it, the billions of eggs are not gonna get hatched. Looking at the tit for tat behavior of his political colleagues in regards to VEP issue, I am sure most of billions of eggs is gonna get hammered and sink into the sea before the man made island appear.

No sensible Singaporeans or foreigner investors are gonna dare to get vested in it. I am sure Country Garden is also beginning to lose its faith with its investment in JB. They might as well just cut lost and go back to China to invest. Malaysia is not gonna be their playground with all the greedy, revengeful and thoughless Malaysian politician blowing hot and cold with its Singapore neighbour again. Their retrospectives taxation of reclaimed land and foreign investment is already making investors feel the chill about their investments here in Iskandar.

You can forget about helping the poor when the politicians are helping themselves to the fruits before it even had a chance to get ripe.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to throw all my money into Sunway Iskandar or Forest City. From the behavior of the Malaysian authorities, it does seem obvious they are welcoming foreign investments for a shady motive which is obvious to all. Meanwhile I am looking at other countries for investment. Singapore prices are confirm dropping abeit slightly so I wont invest here.

Malaysia prices I know will nosedive as if there is another SARS or 911 if they continue to throw the eggs on the wall before the chicks are hatched. Looks like 2014 is Avoid Malaysia Year!

Md Othman is counting his chickens before the eggs hatched. He can forget about it, the billions of eggs are not gonna get hatched. Looking at the tit for tat behavior of his political colleagues in regards to VEP issue, I am sure most of billions of eggs is gonna get hammered and sink into the sea before the man made island appear.

No sensible Singaporeans or foreigner investors are gonna dare to get vested in it. I am sure Country Garden is also beginning to lose its faith with its investment in JB. They might as well just cut lost and go back to China to invest. Malaysia is not gonna be their playground with all the greedy, revengeful and thoughless Malaysian politician blowing hot and cold with its Singapore neighbour again. Their retrospectives taxation of reclaimed land and foreign investment is already making investors feel the chill about their investments here in Iskandar.

You can forget about helping the poor when the politicians are helping themselves to the fruits before it even had a chance to get ripe.