• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
was told just now that there is a foreigner quota at Country Gardens. likely to be 50% but not confirmed....

Confirmed 50% quota for highrise. Heard from reliable sources that there are starting to be returned cheques though.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg govt has much to gain too from population moving across causeway to live while still workling in SG. Other than easing the overheating housing in SG, the govt can still expand its tax base and continue to draw tax revenue. So assuming SG can only hold 5m working population based on its land area, it can only tax 5m workers assuming workers are not mobile. If workers are mobile and could travel to and forth Msia and Spore with ease to work, SG govt can tax 15m workers assuming 5m stays in Spore and 10m stays in JB.

that's a very good point ! I did not think of it. thanks for the analysis.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's a very good point ! I did not think of it. thanks for the analysis.

No problem – that’s what we do here, analyzing and sharing insights! Smart move by SG govt – sharing with Msia the social ills associated with population explosion while gaining from income tax/35% of CPF (employer/employee) per headcount from this pool of workers. On the other hand, even more consumption may flow to JB now that these workers reside in JB so Msia may find this a consolation.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like this development is promoting itself at several transport places in SG.

Jurong East Bus Interchange, Punggol MRT, Bedok Bus Interchange??

Odd.

thamrichardtham88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach(which I can wet my feet or sit at the beach when I am bored and it is not found anywhere in JB yet) and a future LRT within walking distance. In my opinion a project of this magnitude(10k units) and built by a reputable developer, it will be nice for a weekend home for me.
Will this developer built them without having enough technical know how, in this case is a reclaim land and risk of tarnish its own reputation?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach(which I can wet my feet or sit at the beach when I am bored and it is not found anywhere in JB yet) and a future LRT within walking distance. In my opinion a project of this magnitude(10k units) and built by a reputable developer, it will be nice for a weekend home for me.
Will this developer built them without having enough technical know how, in this case is a reclaim land and risk of tarnish its own reputation?

yup, why wud they wanna tarnish their own hard earned reputation since they hv chinese buyers who wud tell on them back in China ? dun forget they are top 10 in China and Forbes Asia 30 fab .

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stopped by their booth at JB City Sq and picked up a brochure which indicates on the plan right next to the development along Jalan Skudai (exact words): "Proposed light rail station (Singapore-Johor-KLIA-Kuala Lumpur-Pulau Pinang)". The salesgirl added that it's the "RTS station" (exact words). I asked her what is RTS, she didn't know.

So which station will it really be (if any at all) becoz from the descriptions given, it seems to have a slice of each of these, like a 3-in-1! ...Lol!
1. KL-Spore HSR (although i dun think this extends to Klia/Penang)
2. JB-Spore MRT also known as RTS (although i thot the JB point will be somewhere next to CIQ)
3. Intra-Iskandar LRT

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stopped by their booth at JB City Sq and picked up a brochure which indicates on the plan right next to the development along Jalan Skudai (exact words): "Proposed light rail station (Singapore-Johor-KLIA-Kuala Lumpur-Pulau Pinang)". The salesgirl added that it's the "RTS station" (exact words). I asked her what is RTS, she didn't know.

So which station will it really be (if any at all) becoz from the descriptions given, it seems to have a slice of each of these, like a 3-in-1! ...Lol!
2. JB-Spore MRT also known as RTS (although i thot the JB point will be somewhere next to CIQ)
3. Intra-Iskandar LRT

Likely LRT link to RTS. But let's wait for RTS to be set up first. It is not that the LRT once set up will make money. The companies and government will make sure that population density is high enough to sustain business. So there is also a chance that the LRT may not be set up if there is unlikely to be demand.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one of the developments which I will avoid at all costs. But then ten thousand buyers will think otherwise...

Likely LRT link to RTS. But let's wait for RTS to be set up first. It is not that the LRT once set up will make money. The companies and government will make sure that population density is high enough to sustain business. So there is also a chance that the LRT may not be set up if there is unlikely to be demand.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

3. Intra-Iskandar LRT
hahaha.. it's "proposed". it didn't say proposed by whom. I also can just propose a RTS station anywhere.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
...其中最强大的投资者是来自中国的碧桂园,其次为新加坡等地。
One of the most powerful investors from China Garden, followed by Singapore and other places.

start steamboat business..and massage parlour.. hang goat head, sell dog meat business.:biggrin:

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard many ppl say 10,000 units the density is too much and don't like it,yet all premium sea view snapped up the very moment they released...the weekend crowd in their sales gallery is still pack..this is only phase1 for danga bay project,how much can the price for phase 2 danga bay project fetch...

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard many ppl say 10,000 units the density is too much and don't like it,yet all premium sea view snapped up the very moment they released...the weekend crowd in their sales gallery is still pack..this is only phase1 for danga bay project,how much can the price for phase 2 danga bay project fetch...

although CG have many units , truly sea facing ones with no blockage are limited...demand supply theory at work again.

Last edited: