• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back to retirement topic, what is your idea of reasonable retirement lifestyle? and how much per month are you willing to spend for such lifestyle?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Back to retirement topic, what is your idea of reasonable retirement lifestyle? and how much per month are you willing to spend for such lifestyle?

it depends where the person is staying and also what sort of lifestyle fits him.

If the person stays in sinkieland and love to go to hotel lounge to hang out and loves fine dining, i think about 8k per month for spending is ok.

for humble lifestyle in sinkieland, maybe about 4k is enough.

if you stay in a place where cost of living is modest, maybe sgd 2k to 4k is enough liao.

provided after spending the 4k, you will get back the 4k from your passive income from various investments.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It's a very personal thing. Different people have different expectations. Some could well get away with a very comfortable life spending only $2000 to $3000 per month.

However, my current lifestyle consumes about $250,000 a year mainly because of I've decided I want to travel comfortably and stay in nice surroundings when I'm away from home.

For example, whenever I'm in Queenstown, my hotel of choice is the Sofitel. It's expensive but it pampers all the senses.

sofitel.jpg

If I switched to budget travel and accommodation, I'd be able to save a shit load of money but then I can't take it with me so what's the point.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a very personal thing. Different people have different expectations. Some could well get away with a very comfortable life spending only $2000 to $3000 per month.

However, my current lifestyle consumes about $250,000 a year mainly because of I've decided I want to travel comfortably and stay in nice surroundings when I'm away from home.

For example, whenever I'm in Queenstown, my hotel of choice is the Sofitel. It's expensive but it pampers all the senses.

sofitel.jpg

If I switched to budget travel and accommodation, I'd be able to save a shit load of money but then I can't take it with me so what's the point.

Maybe u can use some of that dough u fling around ur luxurious lifestyle to fund this stupid forum,seeking funding from 3rd party underworld gambling triad could land u in trouble with the law.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Maybe u can use some of that dough u fling around ur luxurious lifestyle to fund this stupid forum,seeking funding from 3rd party underworld gambling triad could land u in trouble with the law.

I have not sought funding from any triad. Where did you get that idea from?

If you're referring to banner ads they're all aboveboard. They are paid for via the banking system and I pay my taxes on all the income.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give you a bestest tip, purchase a 5 rooms flat here, rent it out for $3,500/- (105,000bath), you can live like a king in Bangkok. I talk to court furniture salesman, he say good idea.

i am 32 years old. if i working till 40 years old.
i believe i will have 1M cash and a fully paid HDB.

then, should i retire? i am wondering.....
retire liao, then do what?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Twit, try in the grass root first slowly climb up to reach PAP's MP level, work 2 terms make above 10 millions, retire and leech on the pension. give the residual to your daughter for her to purchase properties overseas and keeping the ang mohs. Bestest retirement planning!!!

I am trying hard to think of a job that pays about $1k sgd per mth and can be abt 50% fulfilling kind . I am tired of my ft job liao. Till now cannot find 1. Can anyone give serious advice ?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you get money from customer to get girl of your recommendation - Do you want the pimp of the white skin bungala girl to contact you? quietly tell you the cost is $30/fook, condom, water, paper, room inclusive, you can charge at least $50/fook for your NZ frens, good margin right?

I have not sought funding from any triad. Where did you get that idea from?

If you're referring to banner ads they're all aboveboard. They are paid for via the banking system and I pay my taxes on all the income.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Investing for the Long Run: Marketing Timing and how you can use it

Market timing is viewed by many to be risky, hazardous, "best left to professionals", and so on. The layman however can use very simple rules to greatly enhance their portfolio returns.

During the boom times, do not invest all your money at once. Keep a portion in cash or in safe, investment grade bonds. That will enable you to invest heavily when the recession hits and everyone has panicked out of their positions.

You don't have to buy at the exact bottom. No one can. All you have to do is to start averaging in bit by bit over a period of, say, 12 months.

When the market starts to top out again after several years (we are currently at that juncture), you can then sell some of your holdings and wait for the next correction to come. Better still, as the market rises, you should actually be disciplining yourself to take partial profits on the way up. For every 30% rise in the market, sell 5% of your portfolio, or some methodology that you feel comfortable with.

Buying low and selling high is hardly rocket science but it is seldom practiced because people act in herds and give in to the emotions of both greed and fear.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

sofitel.jpg

Wah sam leong is http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/

minus the kid part :biggrin:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is 2 million for 2 enough to retire? My partner and I are working towards that. After we get there, maybe stop working altogether, live anywhere we like in the world. Medical fees for serious illnesses will be taken care of by our current government.