• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bye bye Tony Fernandes, Hello Vincent Tan

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Bluebirds-win-promotion-Premier-League.html

The gamble paid off. After years of spending, striving, crying and a trip to the High Court, Cardiff City finally secured their return to the top flight after a 51-year absence.

Ultimately, it wasn’t pretty, a goalless draw securing the promotion that looked in recent years like it might never materialise.

But when you’ve had a season like Cardiff have had, that can probably be forgiven.

Such was their sustained dominance of this division, they could have swallowed a loss last night and still gone up considering Watford’s loss at Millwall.

That is academic now in much the same way as their enormous debts should be when the Premier League cheques are cashed. To think, just three years ago they were in court fighting a winding-up order.

Perhaps that’s what those fans were thinking when they stormed the pitch and danced manaically at the end, one waving a banner that read: ‘Goodbye Manish, hello Gary’ — a reference to the presenters of the BBC’s football highlights shows.
Another read: ‘Look out Swansea, we are coming to get you.’

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay said: ‘The people of Cardiff deserved this. They have backed me and backed this team. I am delighted for them. This division is about getting good people and good characters and we have that. This division is getting better and better so for us to get promoted, I am so happy.’

His captain, Mark Hudson, added: ‘We have had moments when we have all looked into each other’s eyes and all knew how much we wanted to go up.
‘The fans have had a long wait for this. I am so happy for everyone involved. So much has happened.’
Indeed, at the end of each of the past three seasons their campaign has ended with defeat in the play-offs. Four years ago they collapsed spectacularly on the stretch and finished seventh