• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking beyond the persecution of Tey Tsun Hang

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are at that level, you learn about making politically relevant decisions. Actually he should have said that it was an infringement with no wrongful gain and issued a warning. They did it for Tin Pei Ling's asst.

I remember one coroner's case involving the death of an OCS cadet. The Training Officers conspired to perjure themselves until one of them for religious reasons broke ranks and spoke of the conspiracy in the middle of the hearing. it was splashed all over the papers. The next day GCT as Minister of Defence called the DJ and told him to return an open verdict and end the inquiry on the basis that he will take action against the officers. They will eventually sacked.

The proper thing was to allow the Coroner to go thru the process and making his findings plus the damaging part about the SAF. So we lose transparency, lose accountability over the courts and integrity gets washed away because someone wanted to look good.

Lawyers and integrity? Anyway I think his line of argument is like the previous CJ who said being inside polling station is not within 200 m of the polling station. Black can say is white.

Fortunately for us, he does not have the power of old man in sinkieland, so his twisted argument can't go far.

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more interesting thing is that how come there is only one case so far?

if you guys see what the uni girls, esp the urines and shit girls wear, I think every hot blooded prof will be shagging away wit the students.

All tiny shots and the flimsiest tops, I am surprised there are not any more teys.

I dont know all the legal stuff, but I hope this chap wins his case, he writes well and the urine girl "victim" is butt ugly, she shld be happy at least one chap consent to put his cock in her.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more interesting thing is that how come there is only one case so far?

if you guys see what the uni girls, esp the urines and shit girls wear, I think every hot blooded prof will be shagging away wit the students.

All tiny shots and the flimsiest tops, I am surprised there are not any more teys.

I dont know all the legal stuff, but I hope this chap wins his case, he writes well and the urine girl "victim" is butt ugly, she shld be happy at least one chap consent to put his cock in her.
One reason may be that lecturers are usually more cautious to only screw students who are not taking their modules. Any lecturers with a proper phd would know the implications, just like doctors who will keep away from their patients, or civil servants who will avoid screwing suppliers if they are part of approving authority.

Even the prc officials nowadays also will not take goodies directly. They form a network to benefit each other instead.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh my, you are good. Lockeliberal is AG while I'm CJ. And yes, we are out to get cheapo tikko who wrote unflattering stuff about sg legal system.

Now you may take this post as evidence in court to save tey's sorry tikko prick. Case close.

That being the case, can I be SG? If can't, Dir CPIB can?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think he will be a broken man even if he were to be given a relatively short jail term of 6 mths.

My hunch is that he should be looking at a minimum of 12 months. Tey, I am afraid, will suffer a mental breakdown in prison. I wish him well though.

Sadly for him, I failed to note any 'positives' from his case. Should have entrusted the defending to a competent lawyer and not do it himself. All the drama in court did not gain him any sympathy. It backfired for him. In a capsule, I expected a better perofrmance from an ex-DJ, JLC and DPP.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Presumption of Guilt.

Forces both parties to take the stand, also makes it easier for prosecution to proceed with the charge despite lack of hard evidence. a weak prima facie case would suffice.

This proves that you are a LAWYER. One who uses legal jargon to obfuscate rather than to clarify. Now, let me clarify.

There is indeed a PRESUMPTION of guilt if a gift had been received by a public servant. It is contained in Section 8 of the Prevention of Corruption Act. Something that is not widely known, therefore it makes it very likely that you are a LAWYER.

This presumption also partly explains why a corruption case is preferred over other kinds of offences for FIXING.

However, it does not absolve the Prosecution from exercising its discretion in the public interest bearing in mind that the PRESUMPTION may be rebutted by the defence, whose standard of proof is lighter. At the end of the day, a judgement must be made by the prosecution that it has the ability to prove the facts constituting the offence BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT without having to rely on forced confessions.

Sex for Favors.

NBG and PL focused in depth on the alleged transaction aka sex for contracts. The key difference between the two is that whilst in sex for contracts, the chain of approval for NBG and PL was filled with committees and cut offs and bureaucracy , the chain of approval in "sex for grades was" direct. It also means that PT has a harder time proving that the grades were deserved.

He can prove that the grades were deserved by proving that he gave similar grades to papers by other students of similar quality, but as far I know, he was denied the access to those papers. So, how can there be a fair trial if the accused is denied the most convenient and direct means to prove his innocence. Even a layman can understand that if such is the case, it CANNOT be a fair trial and due process has NOT be observed.

Defence.

The defence are similar in all cases namely because its the only plausible route. Sex because of a love affair, sex because of a friendship, anything but sex resulting because of a corrupt desire to secure a benefit. NBG proved a love affair with the intimate SMSes, Pl has a defacto case of some form of friendship. and these two happened without monetary gifts.

As far as I am aware, the Peter Lim case has yet to be decided. You speak as if you already know the verdict. Being from the AGC, and I shall provide my reasons for holding that opinion in a later post, perhaps you are aware that the State may not be persuing its case too aggressively. Maybe ChaoPappyPoddle's comment that the PL and NBG cases are side shows to distract people from the real target has some grain of truth in it.

PT has not denied accepting the gifts , neither has he admitted with proof to giving anything to Darrine back in return. There were no sms exchanges, gifts exchanges, proof of holiday taken together, proof of an affair, an email some paper trail, something please anything ?

In short the mountain to proof for PT has become that much higher.

She has already stated the reasons for her gifts and it is affection. She wasn't expecting anything in return and she did not anything in return and IT IS FINE WITH BOTH PARTIES. You must be a pretty cynical person to think that everybody does things in expectation of some tangible reward in return. Further, sex does not always have to occur in the context of an affair. Haven't you heard of a one night quickie, which is fine for both parties? Most of the Westernised Sinkies have.

Tey, Peter Lim and Boon Gay are all in the same situation. Each need only cast reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case. Tey does not have a higher burden. Nice Jedi mind trick though.

Taken that all into consideration I believe PT goose is well cooked. Foeis Gras anyone ?

No. I do not care for Foie Gras, as I detest the manner in which the liver is extracted from the goose while it is still alive. I fear that confessions may be extracted out of me with impunity should our Courts be further KANGAROO-ised, like in this video. You should really choose your analogies carefully.

[video=youtube;BAzrSl0ztsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzrSl0ztsQ[/video]

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
My hunch is that he should be looking at a minimum of 12 months. Tey, I am afraid, will suffer a mental breakdown in prison. I wish him well though.

Sadly for him, I failed to note any 'positives' from his case. Should have entrusted the defending to a competent lawyer and not do it himself. All the drama in court did not gain him any sympathy. It backfired for him. In a capsule, I expected a better perofrmance from an ex-DJ, JLC and DPP.

Any jail time 6 mths and above would be appropriate. I don't much care for this foreigner.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any jail time 6 mths and above would be appropriate. I don't much care for this foreigner.

A few of my friends went to jail for several weeks for RTA offences. All kpkb when released. These are the ho jiak ho khoon chaps who enjoy life since young. Never went through hardship. Tey same same. Ho jiak ho khoon.

On the other hand, I know some chaps who 'grew up' in prison. Govt fed them for many years. They are thankful for years of free board and lodging. These are the ones who will not find prison life tough.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wong,

Gold Dragon can u please tell this delusional lawyer that I cannot hold a candle to him, the only reason that I read the law is that I am being fucked by the system and it pays to know why and how you are being fucked.

Firstly whether fair or not the presumption operates, it just means that when criminal proceedings start, the defense has to offer a coherent defense, and at the same time seek to prove discrepancies in the opposition case, I expected more from PT as to how he conducted his defense as there were no significant differences between his defense and that of PL and NBG. His smarts were however academic smarts and not a criminal lawyer smart, wonderful for writing in academia, wonderful for briefs, legal research, arguing the finer points of law, fatal in my view for criminal defense.

Look, Even if he did not give her gifts , for gods sake show us a naughty SMS, intimate what's app, lovey dovey email, something along the lines of I sp u, Her mere assertion does not suffice, his mere assertion is not enough, one needs back up , some back up.

Firstly any defense seeks to cast reasonable doubt, but is it fucking believable ? if the mere existence of a story any story can create reasonable doubt is enough then well criminal lawyers in any jurisdiction would have a near 100 percent success rate,

lastly, the prosecution has not yet dragged out PTs colleague to assess Darinnes paper, which I expect them to, god help PT if he tells the judge that the paper was a low c minus. PT should have access to the paper in question and I hope he has had it marked by a friend from over seas because that's the only thing that can conceivably save him now.

You claim to be a lawyer start acting like one.

Locke

This proves that you are a LAWYER. One who uses legal jargon to obfuscate rather than to clarify. Now, let me clarify.

There is indeed a PRESUMPTION of guilt if a gift had been received by a public servant. It is contained in Section 8 of the Prevention of Corruption Act. Something that is not widely known, therefore it makes it very likely that you are a LAWYER.

This presumption also partly explains why a corruption case is preferred over other kinds of offences for FIXING.

However, it does not absolve the Prosecution from exercising its discretion in the public interest bearing in mind that the PRESUMPTION may be rebutted by the defence, whose standard of proof is lighter. At the end of the day, a judgement must be made by the prosecution that it has the ability to prove the facts constituting the offence BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT without having to rely on forced confessions.

He can prove that the grades were deserved by proving that he gave similar grades to papers by other students of similar quality, but as far I know, he was denied the access to those papers. So, how can there be a fair trial if the accused is denied the most convenient and direct means to prove his innocence. Even a layman can understand that if such is the case, it CANNOT be a fair trial and due process has NOT be observed.

As far as I am aware, the Peter Lim case has yet to be decided. You speak as if you already know the verdict. Being from the AGC, and I shall provide my reasons for holding that opinion in a later post, perhaps you are aware that the State may not be persuing its case too aggressively. Maybe ChaoPappyPoddle's comment that the PL and NBG cases are side shows to distract people from the real target has some grain of truth in it.

She has already stated the reasons for her gifts and it is affection. She wasn't expecting anything in return and she did not anything in return and IT IS FINE WITH BOTH PARTIES. You must be a pretty cynical person to think that everybody does things in expectation of some tangible reward in return. Further, sex does not always have to occur in the context of an affair. Haven't you heard of a one night quickie, which is fine for both parties? Most of the Westernised Sinkies have.

Tey, Peter Lim and Boon Gay are all in the same situation. Each need only cast reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case. Tey does not have a higher burden. Nice Jedi mind trick though.

No. I do not care for Foie Gras, as I detest the manner in which the liver is extracted from the goose while it is still alive. I fear that confessions may be extracted out of me with impunity should our Courts be further KANGAROO-ised, like in this video. You should really choose your analogies carefully.

[video=youtube;BAzrSl0ztsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzrSl0ztsQ[/video]

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Wong,

Gold Dragon can u please tell this delusional lawyer that I cannot hold a candle to him, the only reason that I read the law is that I am being fucked by the system and it pays to know why and how you are being fucked.

No problem bro. Was thinking of doing so but need your consent first. Your request came timely.

WMM: Locke is not a lawyer. And yes, he got fucked badly. I have met him in-person. A terribly nice guy. Whether you choose to believe what I said, up to you bro.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Locke : Can't blame WMM. If I do not know you, I would also have suspected you could be a lawyer! You should be flattered. Instead of 4 yrs reading law, you read for months only and yet able to convince WMM of your legal expertise. Congrats!

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Some people are just delusional and will just believe in whatever that is in his mind. Even when you tell him that you are not a lawyer, he still insist. He knows you better than yourself! LOL!

This speaks volume about the person and allow you understand his character. Very egostic and prideful. "Pah Si Boh Su" one.

Dear Wong,

Firstly whether fair or not the presumption operates, it just means that when criminal proceedings start, the defense has to offer a coherent defense, and at the same time seek to prove discrepancies in the opposition case, I expected more from PT as to how he conducted his defense as there were no significant differences between his defense and that of PL and NBG. His smarts were however academic smarts and not a criminal lawyer smart, wonderful for writing in academia, wonderful for briefs, legal research, arguing the finer points of law, fatal in my view for criminal defense.

Look, Even if he did not give her gifts , for gods sake show us a naughty SMS, intimate what's app, lovey dovey email, something along the lines of I sp u, Her mere assertion does not suffice, his mere assertion is not enough, one needs back up , some back up.

Firstly any defense seeks to cast reasonable doubt, but is it fucking believable ? if the mere existence of a story any story can create reasonable doubt is enough then well criminal lawyers in any jurisdiction would have a near 100 percent success rate,

lastly, the prosecution has not yet dragged out PTs colleague to assess Darinnes paper, which I expect them to, god help PT if he tells the judge that the paper was a low c minus. PT should have access to the paper in question and I hope he has had it marked by a friend from over seas because that's the only thing that can conceivably save him now.

You claim to be a lawyer start acting like one.

Locke

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not recall accusing WMM that he is in Hong Kong (I didn't even mention any place) but since he is willing to admit it, then fine. Both Asterix and WMM are in HK. It seems that that is the only place where people bother enough to defend Tey. Why? Is it because Tey taught there before? He was suppose to go over to Hong Kong Uni to teach but put on hold due to this case. I'm sure Tey has friends there and those defending him here are his friends. As one of the brudders here said, thesee people have vested interest and they are his friends.

Your buddy in the other thread, ChewCheng, has accused me of being Tey as well, in addition to other things - gay, woman, an exile in HK, blah, blah, blah. Concrete my foot. BULLSHIT is a much better adjective. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can make an unsubstantiated accusation especially if they have a vested interest in making the false charge stick e.g. daddy's lucrative contract with a Government (read PAP) linked entity.

In Hongland am I, fear I need not have
Monday I'll walk to Pokfulam where Uni is
[/I]

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not recall accusing WMM that he is in Hong Kong (I didn't even mention any place) but since he is willing to admit it, then fine. Both Asterix and WMM are in HK. It seems that that is the only place where people bother enough to defend Tey. Why? Is it because Tey taught there before? He was suppose to go over to Hong Kong Uni to teach but put on hold due to this case. I'm sure Tey has friends there and those defending him here are his friends. As one of the brudders here said, thesee people have vested interest and they are his friends.
Tey and his followers strategy now is to portray him as being victim of political persecution, so that after his jail term, he can continue as an academic on fellowship overseas. That's why WMM and some are so active trying to label anyone who thinks tey is guilty to be pap ib.

Tey is a scum of mankind and he is no jbj or Francis. Tey took advantage of his lecturer position to receive expensive gifts and sex from female students in exchange for favorable grades.

Which overseas university will be that gullible to take in such scum? Perhaps tey can ask clemen Chang of freely on some suggestions.

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read the posting by both Asterix and WMM, both of them write in very similar manner. Both registered their monikers at the same time and just after Tey's trial started.

Both call PAP as "PAPzis", like to use Upper Cap for some of their words and stress their words in bright RED.

What do we call this? astroturfing?

Just because their postings were co-ordinated, they assumed others here are doing the same thing. Just because Locke Liberal has a different view from his, he tried to hint that Locke Liberal is a IB, until GD comes in to clarify.

17 years ago, something similar happened to one Dr. Christopher Lingle. He was on a fellowship at NUS. He wrote an article that simply "inferred that some regimes in East Asia are able to thwart criticism by relying on a compliant judiciary". Note - Singapore was not even specifically mentioned by name. Within two weeks he had been interrogated repeatedly by police detectives. He fled this Sink Hole in a panic. The State Mafia seized his property and sentenced him to jail in absentia.

In 1996, Old Fart's lawyer argued for at least $300K in damages but Justice S. Rajendran awarded only $70K. This judge regularly awarded LOW damages for defamation suits initiated by the PAPzis. It is not surprisely that when he reached retirement age, his appointment was not extended, as is done on a regular basis due to acute shortage of good judges. Noticed what happened to Justice Pillai?

Dr. Lingle comments: "I am not surprised by the Singapore judge's ruling. I guess the courts didn't see the irony in the judgment against me. As far as I can see it, the judgement vindicates me and supports the criticism that Singapore's rulers use a compliant judiciary to bankrupt their critics .. whether they are the political opposition or news media or foreign nationals."

I placed this here because it just crossed my mind that many youngsters have no memory of the events surrounding Lingle. Assuming one starts to read and UNDERSTAND independent newspapers at the age of 10, you need to be at least 27 years old to have living memory of these events. Of course, even a fool can see that ST is not independent.

http://singaporeconsensus.wordpress...ing-of-singapores-supreme-political-ideology/

As a layman, it is not difficult for me to compare the articles available at Tey's blog (click above) with Lingle's relatively innocuous remarks where Singapore was not even mentioned by name. I have no time to read all the articles, but this one "Judicial Internalising of Singapore’s Supreme Political Ideology" does have a section specifically dedicated to our ridiculous laws of defamation. If Lingle can be FIXED in the manner mentioned above, just by Tey's very overt language alone, in the eyes of the PAPzis he deserves to be FIXED far more thoroughly. Better that the FIX involves an offence alleging dishonesty, so that he cannot be another Lingle - join a foreign academic institution and continue to criticise the LEEgime from afar.

The price of freedom is ETERNAL VIGILANCE. Cheers, Asterix.

For more on Lingle's case from the horse's mouth, please click here:

http://www.thelockeinstitute.org/books/lingle.html

Hahaha. PAP IB use crap logic to fool what he believes to be daft Sinkies.

Using your analogy, in this case, the owner (Darrine) has already said LOUD AND CLEAR - it is not sex for grades. She willingly did it for free. Who are you or me to question her. Trust me, if you are self-confident and can talk well without sounding arrogant, many females will offer free things to you without expecting anything in return. Even a Sinkie will know that.

So, if the owner (of her virginity) already said there was no theft, is the State going to "die die" insist that there is theft? Why? Smell a rat? 'Cos of something else that the accused did and it is not convenient to say openly? See how Chris Lingle's case is very similar to this.

Over a thousand bucks seems a lot to those who live in HDB flat, but these days kids get a lot of pocket money. From the CNA reports, it seems this "middle class" girl lives in private property. Didn't "Fukyuman" just said that female law students are always dressed several classes above the norm? Even in my time that was so. Even tho' I lived in a HDB flat before graduation and my pocket money was peanuts, I still managed to have more than $8,000 in savings. If I wanted to buy gifts of $1,000 for that blonde Ivy League sweet young American professor on exchange just to bed her for one night I too can afford it and I will doing it out of teenage infatuation and NOT sex for grades. This American professor does great egg nogs.

A Prof whose salary is $20,000 per month will risk his salary for "bribes" that amount to only about 5% of his monthly salary? Of course not. Just from the Prof's anti-govt articles alone, you will know that this Prof is very bright. Shit Times must really think that Sinkies are daft to believe such a blatant lie. The rat I smell is the Chris Lingle rat - use of state prosecution to silence a critic.

Sammyboy's next security question - Q: What animal is most frequently associated with Sinkie Courts? A: KANGAROO

The short interval between Locke Liberal(???)'s post and Watchman8's is almost comical. Like they think Sinkies are so daft as not to be able to see through their "co-ordination". Anyone who has spent a few weeks in this forum can see through it right away. Anyway, you the average voting citizen be the judge.

Cheers.