• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should disabled children be put to sleep?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
A British official thinks so ...

A Cornwall councilor, Colin Brewer, put forward a shocking proposal. The councilor said that disabled children should put to sleep,
because they are a burden to society.

Brewer made the statement at the event, organized by local charity Disability Cornwall. Teresa Kurt, a member of the organization,
was telling Brewer how Disability Cornwall was helping the parents of children with special needs.

In return, Brewer said that disabled children were too expensive for the council so they should be put to sleep.

Kurt was horrified and immediately lodged a complaint with the council. Brewer said in his defense that he just wanted to cause a reaction.*

* Councilor Collin Brewer made the comment in 2011 and only JUST resigned on 28 Feb 2013! BBC is investigating ... why!

Last edited:

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Should disabled children should be put to sleep?

Absolute no !

Why No ?

Seem to be the current philosophy of policy makers worldwide (including our PAPies) ...

Just the other day, Japan's finance minister said old people should “hurry up and die”!

Did you noticed how little our budget 2013 has to offer for the aged and under-privileged?

Make sense for all these drains on precious resources to be put to sleep, right?

Could this be the real reason why British government and press kept silence for
so long? They endorsed Councilor Collin's idea?

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why No ?

Seem to be the current philosophy of policy makers worldwide (including our PAPies) ...

Just the other day, Japan's finance minister said old people should “hurry up and die”!

Did you noticed how little our budget 2013 has to offer for the aged and under-privileged?

Make sense for all these drains on precious resources to be put to sleep, right?

No, they should not be put to sleep. They are humans, they have rights and loved ones like everybody else.

Tell me, how exactly will the budget you cited put disabled children to sleep?! Straight answer please.

jw5

Loyal

Simply because you won't know where to stop.
After the disabled children, who next? The not-so-bright? After that the ugly and then later the rude and finally the poor?
Will we be left with only the children of the rich and powerful? Who then will be available to work in their restaurants?

The answer to this issue is not that difficult.
Parents have a basic responsibility to their children and adult children have a basic responsibility to their parents.
Basic responsibility usually means food, shelter, safety, healthcare, education and a proper upbringing for the former; food, shelter, safety, healthcare and at least a similar lifestyle to what they themselves have for the latter.

Public policy is to make sure people carry out their basic responsibilities and have the laws in place if necessary. Reinforce the legislation with education. Basic responsibilities does not mean latest gadgets always for the spoilt brats and abalone and bird's nest every week for the spoilt old fogeys. You do hear of both types demanding these from their overworked parents and adult children.

And unfortunately, if it's proven that either the parents or children are unable (NOT unwilling) to carry out their basic responsibilites, then the state has to pick up the slack, although those with pappy mentality will tell you otherwise.
These are all basic responsibilities of a decent human being and a decent country.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, they should not be put to sleep. They are humans, they have rights and loved ones like everybody else.

Tell me, how exactly will the budget you cited put disabled children to sleep?! Straight answer please.

Where on earth did you get the idea I said "put disabled children ..." I was alluring to state supports and resources which JW5
wisely covered!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The budget of CSJ and KJ's doggies?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where on earth did you get the idea I said "put disabled children ..." I was alluring to state supports and resources which JW5
wisely covered!

Here:

No?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why No ?

Hello PapiesTail,

Is this a statement or a question .... :confused:

Do you agree with the above?

If not, why?

Last edited:

mamadrama

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A definite NO for this. Life and its termination cannot be treated so lightly and casually. It is precious and even the disabled treasure their own lives. To want to end others' lives based on cost makes this right wing person even worse than Hitler. Come to think of it this sounds very Leongsam.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello PapiesTail,

Is this a statement or a question .... :confused:

Do you agree with the above?

If not, why?

I took it as your opinion as there is no source quoted for that assumptious question. My answer to it in post #4.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

I took it as your opinion as there is no source quoted for that assumptious question. My answer to it in post #4.

In future ...

Don't ASSUME ... Heard of this before!

Yes, it's make an ASS out of You!

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

In future ...

Don't ASSUME ... Heard of this before!

Yes, it's make an ASS out of You!

In future, take off your political bullshit glasses when trying to discuss a topic such as this one. If not, it might not go the way you intended.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pap govt is headed towards this direction....they want old sinkies to die in JB.
When it gets to 6.9m they will go full steam to make way for FTs

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why No ?

I think you, your whole family, your relatives and all those related and associated with you, should all be put to sleep.

and when they ask why, we just say because of you.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

In future, take off your political bullshit glasses when trying to discuss a topic such as this one. If not, it might not go the way you intended.

A piece of advise for you ... Mod

You are appointed Mod to admin this forum ... I've no quarrel with that.

Stop modulating the direction of discussion in each of my thread with you PAPies view!

You can continue to shout down every other brothers' threads as you're currently doing, I
don't give a shit!

But, please, don't do it to my thread! If you want my view, ask and I shall provide, courteously!

But IF you demand "Tell me, .... ?! Straight answer please." Than shit is what you going to get!

Cheers ...

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

A piece of advise for you ... Mod

You are appointed Mod to admin this forum ... I've no quarrel with that.

Stop modulating the direction of discussion in each of my thread with you PAPies view!

You can continue to shout down every other brothers' threads as you're currently doing, I
don't give a shit!

But, please, don't do it to my thread! If you want my view, ask and I shall provide, courteously!

But IF you demand "Tell me, .... ?! Straight answer please." Than shit is what you going to get!

Cheers ...

You modulated the direction yourself with your post #3 and by accusing me of spreading a PAP view. You reap what you sow.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

:rolleyes:Disabled? If a child lost an arm in a car accident does that mean he/she is a disabled.

Maybe he is referring to 白吃 type. But they have a certain special :eek:kind of look that make them adorable.