• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Virtual Map denied permission to appeal in Court of Appeal !

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's Shitty Times, it was reported that VM was denied permission to appeal in Court of Appeal.

This is the best news EVER !! VM fucking deserved it !!

About 5 years ago, when some of my clients were given lawyer letters from VM demanding about $10K each to settle out of court, my clients seek my advice. I told them to speak to the CEO of VM and try to settle it amicably. Instead, the CEO insisted that my clients spoke to their lawyers and refused to meet up to settle the so called infringement.

Out of wits, they had to go through proper channel - engage their own lawyers. In the end, without no option of plead bargain, they were made to pay an average of $4k each excluding lawyers' fees.

FUCK VM DEAD !! When some of my clients received letters from BSA about possible infringement, BSA gives them a chance to show proof that they are using genuine product, which they did - either legalize it after using the illegal software or are using genuine software in the first place. In this sense, BSA is more giving.

Unlike greedy VM, they insisted on the monetary punitive means. Some clients actually engaged Polytechnic students to design their websites and due to ignorance, these students cut and paste the map which infringe the copyright. OK, fine, the company unwillingly committed the offense and ignorance doesn't make one innocent. But, the price to pay is high !! At least, VM should gave them a warning not to do it again in future. In addition, when these ignorant offenders realized their mistakes, they removed the map straightaway but, VM insisted on vindictive actions.

Over the TV news, I saw a proprietor of a small beauty salon outfit lamented the punitive actions. She mentioned that she could hardly make enough to pay the settlement and may have to close her shop and declare bankruptcy.

This time round, VM is fucked through and through !! I believe all the victims of VM must be gloated over this even though VM had sold to the new management. Even though I am not a victim, the feeling of "Justice being served" is ringing in my head !!

Firdhaus Akbar and the other Indian director which I can't recall your name, YOU GUYS DESERVED IT !

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's Shitty Times, it was reported that VM was denied permission to appeal in Court of Appeal.

This is the best news EVER !! VM fucking deserved it !!

About 5 years ago, when some of my clients were given lawyer letters from VM demanding about $10K each to settle out of court, my clients seek my advice. I told them to speak to the CEO of VM and try to settle it amicably. Instead, the CEO insisted that my clients spoke to their lawyers and refused to meet up to settle the so called infringement.

Out of wits, they had to go through proper channel - engage their own lawyers. In the end, without no option of plead bargain, they were made to pay an average of $4k each excluding lawyers' fees.

FUCK VM DEAD !! When some of my clients received letters from BSA about possible infringement, BSA gives them a chance to show proof that they are using genuine product, which they did - either legalize it after using the illegal software or are using genuine software in the first place. In this sense, BSA is more giving.

Unlike greedy VM, they insisted on the monetary punitive means. Some clients actually engaged Polytechnic students to design their websites and due to ignorance, these students cut and paste the map which infringe the copyright. OK, fine, the company unwillingly committed the offense and ignorance doesn't make one innocent. But, the price to pay is high !! At least, VM should gave them a warning not to do it again in future. In addition, when these ignorant offenders realized their mistakes, they removed the map straightaway but, VM insisted on vindictive actions.

Over the TV news, I saw a proprietor of a small beauty salon outfit lamented the punitive actions. She mentioned that she could hardly make enough to pay the settlement and may have to close her shop and declare bankruptcy.

This time round, VM is fucked through and through !! I believe all the victims of VM must be gloated over this even though VM had sold to the new management. Even though I am not a victim, the feeling of "Justice being served" is ringing in my head !!

Firdhaus Akbar and the other Indian director which I can't recall your name, YOU GUYS DESERVED IT !

oh its keling again.

why everytime its a damn keling causing trouble? :biggrin: