• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
So who to blame?

PAP again?

Of course it is. If not this 56 years old truck driver would have gotten ALL his CPF at age 55 ( which WAS WHAT IT WAS THEN) and then can carry on driving as a job for leisure and exercise much more care.

And the two young chaps will still be riding their bicycle.

So Sinkie do deserve this, irregardless of age.

Sigh...might as well blame god (whichever one you beleive in).

sinkiesnotdumb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not be too quick to put the blame on foreigners. I think the culprit is Wong kan seng in his decade rule on MHA where he slash the budget of TP and allowed the courts to relax penalties on reckless driving. They spend more money and resources on a few terrorists than policing the streets properly.

TCH, if he wants to redeem himself for posterity should handle road safety and harshly clampdown on reckless driving.

I've not looked at this in your perspective, good point, thank you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singapore's fatalities per 10,000 vehicles is 30.4. Thailand's is 118.8.

Check your arse before you allow it to talk on your behalf.

Mostly motorcyclists who kill themselves by getting drunk and also killed by drunk drivers.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's fatalities per 10,000 vehicles is 30.4. Thailand's is 118.8.

Check your arse before you allow it to talk on your behalf.
It is because of the proportion of motorcycles to cars that contribute to thailand's figure? Also factor in the standard of driving license and number of motorcyclists riding without license.

I have noted that sg drivers are really a nasty bunch, a few tried to run me down even though I was cycling on left most lane and the 2-lane road was largely clear of traffic. Instead of giving me some space, they drove very near past me at high speed. And this is in a low traffic suburb area.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not be too quick to put the blame on foreigners. I think the culprit is Wong kan seng in his decade rule on MHA where he slash the budget of TP and allowed the courts to relax penalties on reckless driving. They spend more money and resources on a few terrorists than policing the streets properly.

TCH, if he wants to redeem himself for posterity should handle road safety and harshly clampdown on reckless driving.

That "What do you think?" minister of Home Affairs is totally useless. My bike accident in 2010 was eventually concluded (AFTER 1 YEAR) WITH JUST A "STERN WARNING" to the accused driver with no fine nor penalty whatsoever, DESPITE I HAVE A 3rd PARTY WITNESS, who was the driver of the vehicle directly behind me. Both my wife and I suffered multiple abrasions and our scars are still visible today and will never be cured. All these because of the idiot driver's abrupt switching from lane 2 to lane 1 along the PIE without diligently checking his blind spot.

Even when I inquired to the IO (Lawrence Eng - Contact Number: 65476104) on why they took 1 year to conclude AND WITHOUT even calling anybody up for interviews, he could say nothing, but only apologized for the delay and quote: "We will take cognizance of it and will take steps to correct it.", the usual standard reply from all civil servants. I then appealed in writing to TCH but also of not much use because AFTER 3 MONTHS, they can only reply that the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) certified that the "STERN WARNING" given was adequate for an offence of "Careless Driving" under Rule 29 of the Road Traffic Rules". They even had the cheek to ask me to file a civil case against the accused driver, if I so wanted and which I did. We were awarded about S$18k in compensation before expenses.

My final word to them is to expect more accidents on our roads and get themselves very busy since they are so reluctant to enforce their rules and regulations in a fair and justified manner. How will the driver be afraid if there is no fine and no demerit point for causing an accident to 2 persons with sustained injuries? He'll be thinking: No big deal, can carry on driving as per usual.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP and condolences to the brothers' family. So young and innocent and their lives were tragically taken away from them.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody can do anything. In such situation, donations won't mean a thing to the parents.........

Hope the parents find some reason to live on, and the state would provide them a dignified existence if need be, if they detoriate mentally and cannot work.

How on earth do you recover from such a lose?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
That "What do you think?" minister of Home Affairs is totally useless. My bike accident in 2010 was eventually concluded (AFTER 1 YEAR) WITH JUST A "STERN WARNING" to the accused driver with no fine nor penalty whatsoever, DESPITE I HAVE A 3rd PARTY WITNESS, who was the driver of the vehicle directly behind me. Both my wife and I suffered multiple abrasions and our scars are still visible today and will never be cured. All these because of the idiot driver's abrupt switching from lane 2 to lane 1 along the PIE without diligently checking his blind spot.

Even when I inquired to the IO (Lawrence Eng - Contact Number: 65476104) on why they took 1 year to conclude AND WITHOUT even calling anybody up for interviews, he could say nothing, but only apologized for the delay and quote: "We will take cognizance of it and will take steps to correct it.", the usual standard reply from all civil servants. I then appealed in writing to TCH but also of not much use because AFTER 3 MONTHS, they can only reply that the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) certified that the "STERN WARNING" given was adequate for an offence of "Careless Driving" under Rule 29 of the Road Traffic Rules". They even had the cheek to ask me to file a civil case against the accused driver, if I so wanted and which I did. We were awarded about S$18k in compensation before expenses.

My final word to them is to expect more accidents on our roads and get themselves very busy since they are so reluctant to enforce their rules and regulations in a fair and justified manner. How will the driver be afraid if there is no fine and no demerit point for causing an accident to 2 persons with sustained injuries? He'll be thinking: No big deal, can carry on driving as per usual.
This is exactly what the govt and police should do. But instead, a bunch of guys who patronized an underage prostitute are jailed three months each, while killers on the road got off with stern warning or just a small fine with no jail term.

If TCH continues this miscarriage of justice, he should be booted out in next GE.

M

Mdm Tang

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...rother-had-fetched-younger-brother-cca-says-m

BYK in Action !!!

Tampines accident: Elder brother had fetched younger brother from CCA, says MP

By Derrick Ho

The elder of the two boys who died in a horrific accident in Tampines on Monday had fetched his younger brother from CCA on his bicycle, and both were heading home, said Mr Baey Yam Keng, an MP for Tampines GRC.

He told The Straits Times at the accident site Tuesday morning: "Think the elder brother was fetching the younger brother home after CCA. Apparently that was his first day at CCA at wushu."

The two boys were hit by a cement mixer at about 5.40pm at the junction of Tampines Avenue 9 and Tampines Street 45. The Singaporean driver has been arrested.

The younger boy was riding pillion on the bicycle. One boy died instantly and the other died soon after.
Mr Baey said he has visited the family and they were naturally devastated by the tragedy. "I heard from the grandmother that they are very sensible kids, that's why they are okay for the elder brother to fetch his younger brother home," he said.

The MP was spotted surveying the accident site at about 10.45am Tuesday.

Revealing more details of what could have happened, he said the cement mixer was likely heading to a nearby Build-to-Order HDB project where two blocks are currently being built. There is also an MRT construction site nearby.

He said that heavy vehicles need to be more careful around school and residential areas and that he has asked the HDB and Land Transport Authority if there was a safer route these vehicles could take, where it is not near schools or pedestrian crossings.

Mr Baey said he is thinking of holding a candlelight vigil for the boys but nothing has been confirmed. "I think there will be people who want to show their support," he said.

Madam Hong Thi Vy, 42, a Vietnamese who lives at the block adjacent to the accident site, witnessed the accident. She was seen putting joss sticks and fruit by the grass patch at the site on Tuesday morning.

She said she was taking her baby for a walk when the accident happened. "Boom," she said recounting the impact. "Baby scared...I see, I very sad."

At the accident site, some flowers have been placed at the kerb.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What exactly is the purpose of these dumbfuck condolence messages in this forum????. I thought only politicians needed to "wayang".:rolleyes:

If you want to show your concern and help the family, do it in the real world with real money.

Money can bring the 2 boys back to life is it?

Goldeneye

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very sad case, can't see how the parents can cope..May God give them peace. As to publishing the photos, they serve one purpose - show we are all the same inside and equally vulnerable. Was very sad to see insensitive posts by shit eating morons after the Clementi accident, in this forum, where a young Sinkie was killed too..

M

Mdm Tang

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...says-family-two-boys-will-get-whatever-help-t

Tampines accident: PM Lee says family of two boys will get whatever help they need

By Daryl Chin

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he was saddened to learn of the accident involving two young brothers who were killed when their bicycle was hit by a cement mixer on Monday evening.

"So tragic that an evening cycle could end like this. My thoughts are with their family," he said in a Facebook post at about noon.

"We will render all the help they need to get through this difficult period. Meanwhile, let us continue to show sensitivity and respect for the family, especially online."

His post has since attracted more than 400 comments.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Road safety is a concern for everyone and especially for large vehicle drivers speeding in suburban areas. A difference of 10 km an hour could have meant a very huge difference in stopping time or the size of the impact.

all this talk and chatter in this thread will be in vain if everyone does not appreciate that the first thing we have to do as singaporeans is tone down the rash and reckless way we rush about in our lives chasing after the next minute. the ugliness of being a sinkie is exposed by the way we drive.

Let us not dishonour these poor young lives lost!! Let us pause everytime when we get into our car from here onwards, whether we are going to take it easy and have a safe drive on our roads. Every time we remind ourselves could be another accident prevented.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in some shopping centre this morning and all were playing their CNY celebration songs. Suddenly, my thoughts went back to this accident case and I thought to myself: feel so sad for that family to lose their 2 boys together and especially at this time of the year. Hopefully those surviving will be strong as life still has to go on despite all this terrible mishap.

Curse to the cement truck driver and he should be put to death for being a reckless driver, especially in a school zone and at a signalized junction as well.