• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Algal problems are most acute in new tanks, where the balance between fish, plants, filtration and fishkeeper has yet to be established. Yet algae can also strike older tanks, particularly if maintenance has been neglected or the tank has been overfed or over-stocked.

plants will usually control algae growth once established. You don’t need to be an expert .floating plants of various kinds are the best defense against algae, and they’re very easy to grow unless you’ve got overly turbulent water. Floating plants take up a lot of nutrients, too, helping keep the water pure.

Wao that is great, all this while I am thinking of to have or not to have floating plants for my tank. Now I know that its can help to prevent algae I am sure to have some floating plants!

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the picture of Amano shrimps:

2wqqwih.jpg

Amano shrimps are very good algae eater. Cherry shrimps are the next slightly hardy shrimps you can try. One important thing is shrimps are very sensitive to metal contents in liquid fertilizer, especially copper. One safe fert is seachem comprehensive. If you see your shrimps dropping dead one by one, look at the fert first.

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here you are the Red Cherry Shrimps:

2m5yteh.jpg

Amano shrimps are very good algae eater. Cherry shrimps are the next slightly hardy shrimps you can try. One important thing is shrimps are very sensitive to metal contents in liquid fertilizer, especially copper. One safe fert is seachem comprehensive. If you see your shrimps dropping dead one by one, look at the fert first.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those want to play planted tank should try diy co2 (yeast and sugar solution) and then switch to co2 tank. co2 while good for the plants might be bad for other fishes/shrimps etc. main thing is balance. if can afford chiller will be even better.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
those want to play planted tank should try diy co2 (yeast and sugar solution) and then switch to co2 tank. co2 while good for the plants might be bad for other fishes/shrimps etc. main thing is balance. if can afford chiller will be even better.

You are right ... Shrimp need chiller .