• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man handled by Cold storage staff for using their coffee grinder!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is there really such a service by Cold Storage? Anyone can bring coffee bean and grind it there? I dun think so leh.

This is extremely traumatic. i have lodge a police report.

Grinding Coffee Beans
At 915pm I brought my beans to grind at your cold storage outlet. I know this service is provided free of charge and all customers can DIY.

I finish grinding my beans and put them into my own plastic bag and was walking out of Cold Storage when this Indian security personnel Simon Su**** barge into me and grab my arm and shove me to a corner.

Violence shown by Simon Su****
He grab my plastic bag and ask me what am I holding. I was stunned for a moment as I did not steal anything but enjoying a free service given by Cold storage.

False Accusation and Intimidation

I told him these are my beans and I merely using the grinding machine. Instead of apologizing for wrongfully detaining me, he ask me to produce a receipt that my beans were bought from Cold Storage as he alleged that I have committed a crime against Cold storage - Only beans from Cold storage can be grinded there or else the police will arrest me ! This threats came again and again during the whole episode!

Even of the beans were not from Cold storage, me and family have spent on many items weekly and were a faithful patron of Cold storage at great World. I can give u the many receipts for proof! Surely using the grinding machine is not a criminal offence!

Excessive use of force
Then he use excessive force to shove me from the exit of Cold storage all the way to the security department which is a full 25-30m away. This cause me to nearly fall over and I was extremely embarrassed by his actions in full view of everyone at Cold storage.

I shouted at him to stop and I demand to see the manager. He refused and instead ask a Chinese colleague to come and shove me together to security office near your Cold Storage storage area.

By the time I reach the security, I was extremely traumatized, angered that such force was used by Simon Su**** was used for a trivial thing like grinding coffee beans.

Poor Handling of Situation by deputy manager El****** and Lady manager in office

The deputy manger on duty is El****** (he appeared to be a Philipino). There was another lady manager inside the office who did not want to be involved.

Apparently she shut the door when the intense conversation were held outside her office. This is totally irresponsible if she is indeed a higher authority with better experience!

El****** ask me to wait while he and his colleagues reviewed the cctv footage. After like 5min, they found no wrong doing.
El****** then explained that these security personnel came from HQ and were not familiarize with Cold Storage at Great World.

He said it is alright for me to use the grinding machine but just have to inform the staff so I can be ‘protected’. This obviously contradicts what Simon Su**** said previously that only beans bought there can be grinded or else it is police action.

This shows the security personnel were not trained in the process of Cold Storage and wrongfully detaining me.

I replied El****** that if customers need to tell the staff to be ‘protected’ then it has to be written at the grinding machine clearly. This is not so.

Rude, Apparent Vulgarities and non apology from Simon Su****

I told El****** that Simon Su**** should apologise for using such excessive force on me and for wrongfully detaining me.

El****** went to Simon Su**** to talk.

Then Simon Su**** walked in and instead of apologizing, he started to spew what seemed like vulgarities that I am ‘talking through my a**’ and told El****** that he sees nothing wrong what he did and refuse to apologise.

Through it all El****** did not enforce a proper apology from Simon Su****. This show he lacks the authority to enforce discipline on errant employee.

Also Simon Su****, your security personnel, may not have the right personality and attitude in security management nor was he aware of process Cold Storage at all.

Most of all he is very rude and uses excessive violence and refuse to acknowledge his over sight when shown CCTV evidence.

Is this the image of Cold Storage as family oriented retail? I have went countless time with my wife and son to shop at cold storage but this episode has left me scarred and will not return ever again.

I will also shared this incident to all my friends, colleagues especially over the social media like facebook, twitter and forums about the rought treatment Cold Storage dishes out at patrons without verifying the truth.

I advise Cold Storage to take strong action towards Simon Su**** and issue an apology to me for the physical hurt and embarrassment and trauma I suffered for no reason at all.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a grinding machine but it is for beans bought at Cold storage only.
This guy should have bought his beans there then there would be no issue. If he think he has the right to grind his own beans at cold Storage bacuse he happens to be a regular or long time customer, he should have asked for permission before grinding.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a grinding machine but it is for beans bought at Cold storage only.
This guy should have bought his beans there then there would be no issue. If he think he has the right to grind his own beans at cold Storage bacuse he happens to be a regular or long time customer, he should have asked for permission before grinding.

Even if he didn't ask for prior permission, there is no excuse to manhandle him and humiliate him in public. Based on the account, the security guard appeared to be high-handed and gangster-like. Utter lack of professionalism. Imho, Cold Storage has suffered a serious dent to their carefully cultivated image. In business, a disgruntled customer with an axe to grind and a horror story for broadcast is one too many!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if he didn't ask for prior permission, there is no excuse to manhandle him and humiliate him in public. Based on the account, the security guard appeared to be high-handed and gangster-like. Utter lack of professionalism. Imho, Cold Storage has suffered a serious dent to their carefully cultivated image. In business, a disgruntled customer with an axe to grind and a horror story for broadcast is one too many!

First of all, that is only the testimony of this man, take it with a pinch of salt.
Secondly, how would you have handled it if you were the security?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy is a scrounger. He does not deserve any courtesy or consideration whatsoever. All his silly story will do is get greater kudos for Cold Storage. Only retail outlets that take a gentle approach to scroungers will eventually go bust. Just take a look at what happened to Borders. It allowed all the lowest of low lifes to plonk themselves in their bookstores and read books from cover to cover, enjoying the aircon, and without paying a cent. It went bust, and rightly so. Kinokuniya, on the other hand, won't allow this to happen to it.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....i will not comment on the accusations as interested parties will always have their own stories...
let us look at the issue in perspective...
if the frinding machine is inside store itself, surely u cannot bring your own coffee beans into the store without informing anyone and the wlak out after grinding??
how is the security guard going to know that you bring in your own coffee beans?
CS should review this service and to prevent further misunderstanding, perhaps restrict such service to only beans brought from the store itself.
or if u want to provide such service, move the machines outside of the store.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....i will not comment on the accusations as interested parties will always have their own stories...
let us look at the issue in perspective...
if the frinding machine is inside store itself, surely u cannot bring your own coffee beans into the store without informing anyone and the wlak out after grinding??
how is the security guard going to know that you bring in your own coffee beans?
CS should review this service and to prevent further misunderstanding, perhaps restrict such service to only beans brought from the store itself.

Correct. However, there will always be some who have a "freebie" or "entitlement" mentality. You give them an inch and they will think they are entitled to the entire mile. And they will then play the victim should anyone try to stop them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Grinding Coffee Beans
At 915pm I brought my beans to grind at your cold storage outlet. I know this service is provided free of charge and all customers can DIY.

He jerked off over his coffee beans????? :eek:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

The machine is right within the the store I think. I have seen it before in some stores.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy is a scrounger. He does not deserve any courtesy or consideration whatsoever. All his silly story will do is get greater kudos for Cold Storage. Only retail outlets that take a gentle approach to scroungers will eventually go bust. Just take a look at what happened to Borders. It allowed all the lowest of low lifes to plonk themselves in their bookstores and read books from cover to cover, enjoying the aircon, and without paying a cent. It went bust, and rightly so. Kinokuniya, on the other hand, won't allow this to happen to it.

Don't blame the retailer. Blame the gian png Sinkies.

It's the same reason why you'll never (at least, not for quite a while) see self-service newspaper boxes: you put in the right amount of money, and take out one copy of the newspaper and leave the rest untouched.

There are plenty of free browsing bookstores around the world. They're doing okay.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all, that is only the testimony of this man, take it with a pinch of salt.
Secondly, how would you have handled it if you were the security?

Bro I know very well I have to take it with a pinch of salt as his is only one side of the coin. Based on his account however , if I am the seucrity guard, I will definitely be firm and more circumspect but less gangster-like. However I'll stop short of apologising to him if I feel that I have not done anything wrong other than being vigilant and alert as any good security guard should be. As you know, an apology may lead to certain consequences.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some Sporeans have not outgrown their 3rd world mentality. It's worse if these people are the "leaders" who are poor examples to the nation.

For example we have the richest civil servant washing his own undies in hotels, taking advantage of his position to squat on the grounds of the Istana, accepting free rides from SIA, ....

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CS should disallow DIY of outside beans or beans sold in store, if it is allowing this now.

Reason:

Anyone can poison the grinding machine with cyanide or rat poison while on pretext of DIY his own coffee beans.

Any machine that handles foodstuff must have accountability for hygiene and safety, hence only store staff should be allowed to use the machine, not any DIY by any customer

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bloody cheapskate sinkie. always got the kiasu, kiasee and kiaboh mentality.

an electric blender with coffee grinder attachment only costs 50 bucks and lasts you almost a lifetime. I've been using my "National" brand blender for almost 15 years and it is still going strong.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He jerked off over his coffee beans????? :eek:

hi there

1. sammy, i have seen one too many of such jerkarse!
2. he is just some loser.
3. if not shiok of the entire matter.
4. sue the security and cold storge.
5. what a sore loser:p