• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Losing The Fear

jw5

Loyal
Have you ever had the feeling that you are losing the fear that you had before?
For example, losing the fear of losing your job, of losing your loved one, of losing your friends, of losing your material goods, even of losing your life.
I have, and I find that I become a meaner and more selfish person as a result, someone with much less inhibition and tolerance for others than before. This is really bad, but I find that it also makes me mentally stronger and tougher, more prepared to face the worse and take on anything and anyone.

It's scary, but then that's fear too, isn't it? :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For example, losing the fear of losing your job, of losing your loved one, of losing your friends, of losing your material goods, even of losing your life.

I've lost the fear of losing my job for the simple reason that I don't have one in the first place.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've lost the fear of losing my job for the simple reason that I don't have one in the first place.
Yes,it is great to run biz,be yr own boss.

Those who can,do,those who cant,still you need a job to survive.

So do not be sold by this sweat talk of big boss,billionaire Sam Leong,he is a man of exceptional biz capabilities,probably the top 5% in the whole population with biz acumen.

The balance 95%,pl make a SWOT analysis and find yr way in this beri competitive world,remember,5 billion more people are fighting with us for a slightly expanding global cake.

LKY is right on this point but he is dead wrong about why he ansd he alone should monopolise all the power,be it political,financial,etc,etc

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find that I become a meaner and more selfish person as a result, someone with much less inhibition and tolerance for others than before. This is really bad, but I find that it also makes me mentally stronger and tougher, more prepared to face the worse and take on anything and anyone.
Survival of the fittest? That is only temporary or trying to act strong. Ironically, person with the most power and wealth are the fearful lot than those who have less in life.

Human being will continue to live in fear (typical sinkies) as long as they remain alive and constantly live in attachment unwilling to give up their possession. If you are fearless, than will you confront pap like what SDP did?

A person will only lose his fear when he is dying, preparing to die or suffering from chronic sickness that he has resigned himself to fate and no fear can conquer him anymore. Fearless even at gun point.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have, and I find that I become a meaner and more selfish person as a result, someone with much less inhibition and tolerance for others than before. This is really bad, but I find that it also makes me mentally stronger and tougher, more prepared to face the worse and take on anything and anyone.

It's scary, but then that's fear too, isn't it? :smile:

Fear comes from fearful thoughts. Break the thought pattern/habit and you will feel the fear and do it anyway.

It's like the habit of PCC. E.g. You used to PCC thrice a day, then u decided to break this pattern and PCC once every 3 days. It can be done. :wink: