• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Customer bashes elderly shopkeeper over prepaid SIM card

TIE Interceptor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Customer bashes elderly shopkeeper over prepaid SIM card

20121210.214822_dec1012_simcard.jpg

Monday, Dec 10, 2012

SINGAPORE - A contributor to citizen journalism website Stomp said on Saturday that her 60-year-old dad, who is a shopkeeper, required four stitches after a customer bashed him during a dispute at the shop.

Said the contributor:

"My 60-year-old dad was beaten up by a young and stout man, probably less than 34 years old.

"My dad suffered four stitches!

"Today a policeman called my dad and told my dad to go down to the police station to sign a warning letter.

"Warning my dad not to fight! Wow! What a joke!

"Perhaps if my dad had suffered fatal injuries then the Singapore Police will look at the case more seriously."

In an update today, the contributor said the fight was apparently started over the disputed amount of a prepaid SIM card.

Said the contributor:

"On Aug 5, Sunday, a customer came to my dad's working place to purchase a SingTel pre-paid card. After choosing the number he wanted, we registered the pre-paid card for him. When we collected payment of $15 from him, he refused to pay and insisted to pay only $8. My dad explained to this customer that it is $15 and not $8 which was printed on the pre-paid card clearly.

"The customer got really agitated and told my dad to de-register the pre-paid card which is beyond our capability. My dad explained to the customer that we do not have the authority to de-register unless SingTel themselves. So in order to do it, the customer needs to go down to any SingTel shop to de-register. The customer got really angry and abused my dad with all kinds of vulgarities.

"My dad told him to stop scolding and instead of stopping, the customer continued to point at my dad straight on his face and carry on scolding. My dad raise his voice to ask the customer to stop but the customer just ignored and carried on abusing my dad verbally. The customer even comes back into my dad's working place to challenge my dad to a fight because its obvious to the customer that my dad is old and harmless.

"Seriously, anybody, be it young or old, we would definitely get angry after being abused verbally continuously. Any men or women would understand. The customer kept scolding my dad in the name of my dad's mother.

"Everybody has a tolerance limit. The last straw, my dad answered the customer back using the customer's own medicine. The customer himself cannot take it. The customer snapped! He took a wooden stool and charged at my 60-year-old dad. In order to protect himself and the safety of his staff, he took a chair to shield himself from being hit.

"As you can see, the customer's strength overpowered my dad's. The customer is of a bigger build. Very violent. The customer carried on raining punches on my dad continuously whereas my dad was helpless at that time. All my dad can think of was to protect his staff's and his own safety.

"Luckily there were several good souls that came up to rescue my dad. The attacker, after being separated several times were not quite satisfied, came back and wanted to hit my dad again. Thank god those good souls stayed behind to prevent my dad from being attacked again.

"The police and ambulance came. No statement was taken. My dad suffered 4 stitches. Shortness of breath due to his asthma. Bruises on his body. Blue black eye.

"The following day, we called the police station to ask why no statement was taken on the day of the incident and the police replied that my dad looks seriously hurt and prefer my dad to have medical attention first instead. Fine.

"A week or so, I called up the police station if my dad need to take statement, the police we spoke to said no need as they wanted my dad to have more rest and recover first.

"The third time my dad called up, they told my dad that they are investigating but we found it funny as no statement was taken from my dad again. The police just doesn't seem keen or interested to hear my dad's side of story.

"So we waited patiently till last Fri, Dec 7, the police called up and told my dad to go down to sign a warning letter. My dad was utterly disappointed. The police even told my dad, 'You better come down to sign the warning letter given by the AG. The AG is giving you both a warning not to fight again. Then we can close the case.'"

The contributor also mentioned that the guy had registered for the prepaid SIM card using his IC and the shop has a record of his particulars.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 50's we had gangsters, hoodlums and other bullies.

The matter was further aggravated by communists and communalists.

The police acted tough and subdued such menace by the mid 80's.

This brought relative good years to the people.

What is happening today?

Street corner gangs, bar brawls, fights and attacks over women.

The old laws are still around.

The police should act fast to contain the situation from worsening.

The people need protection from such hoodlums.

Lucky the old man survived the attack otherwise the figure for murder would have gone up.

Our young parliamentarians should get togather and come up with a battle-plan.

Do not wait till something serious happens.