• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaw Shin Leong Did It Again

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his blog: "On behalf of my fellow Singaporeans, I wish to assure our Vietnamese cousins that the majority of Singaporeans are not like that. We offer our sincere apology to all of you over this very ugly episode."

Yaw apologised to Vietnamese fans on behalf of all Singaporeans. Excuse me, since when did you represent the whole of Singapore? And since when are Vietnamese my cousins? People who went to the matches apparently noted that Vietnamese fans went overboard in taunting the local fans, there was no problems when other countries came here.

Now this Teo Ho Pin Man jumped out quickly to apologised on behalf of the whole nation. Of course he is serving his personal interests at the expense of the country, Yaw has businesses with Vietnamese firms and probably have Vietnamese cousins. I really hope we have better oppositions, really.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A forumer mentioned that Yaw owns a printing firm in Ho Chi Minh City and he has frequent some ***** there too. :biggrin:

In his blog: "On behalf of my fellow Singaporeans, I wish to assure our Vietnamese cousins that the majority of Singaporeans are not like that. We offer our sincere apology to all of you over this very ugly episode."

Yaw apologised to Vietnamese fans on behalf of all Singaporeans. Excuse me, since when did you represent the whole of Singapore? And since when are Vietnamese my cousins? People who went to the matches apparently noted that Vietnamese fans went overboard in taunting the local fans, there was no problems when other countries came here.

Now this Teo Ho Pin Man jumped out quickly to apologised on behalf of the whole nation. Of course he is serving his personal interests at the expense of the country, Yaw has businesses with Vietnamese firms and probably have Vietnamese cousins. I really hope we have better oppositions, really.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is just offering hios opinion as a Singaporean, and you have problem with that?

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is just offering hios opinion as a Singaporean, and you have problem with that?

Apologies on behalf of the whole nation is not offering opinions.

I hereby apologise, on behalf of the Worker's Party Executive Committee about Yaw Shin Leong's politicking on sports events for own personal business agenda.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Shin Leong can't claim to speak on behalf of all Singaporeans. Contesting against the Prime Minister doesn't give one equal prerogative to the Prime Minister, unless one actually wins. He may be sounding too presumptuously arrogant.

2. The word "cousin" in international context may apply between countries like the UK and the USA, or even Singapore and Malaysia, due to historical links, but certainly not in the context between Singapore and Vietnam.

3. If Shin Leong does have certain business interest in Vietnam, then it's natural that he has certain affection towards Vietnam and is concerned that his business is not affected by any such undesirable incidence.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he speaking for us or for himself?

I for one, will not vote for the PAP when I am campaigning against the evil regime.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think this earlier article is not important.

What is important is the later article, which touches on Ho Juan Thai, a former politician who escaped to UK in 1976 and now wants to return.

I am surprised that with all the ruckus about Gopalan Nair, nobody is raising anything about Ho, who obviously has higher integrity than Nair given that he rejected UK citizenship when the UK government offered him.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should anyone blame another if they choose to support the Lions, thick and thin?

Eventually the clashes are indeed uncalled for, and shows how much more we have to be gracious in defeat, and graceful in victory. I mean sure its frustrating to lose in that matter and I'm sure there are political, as well as sporting reasons behind our loss.

But if some of us think we can reverse the loss by fighting and taunting the opposition fans outside, then I think its wrong.

There will be a time when we have to settle the political reasons, a time to remain gracious during a loss. But we should not savage a person just because he express regrets for the behaviour of some fans and because he supports the Lions.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am surprised that with all the ruckus about Gopalan Nair, nobody is raising anything about Ho, who obviously has higher integrity than Nair given that he rejected UK citizenship when the UK government offered him.

I'm not surprised with the discrepancy in publicity.

1. Gopalan blogs regularly.

2. Gopalan actually came back.

3. SDP publicised for Gopalan.

Also, I don't assume any question of integrity on anyone taking up a foreign citizenship. There're millions of cases all over the world every year. There're different reasons and different circumstances.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Gopalan blogs regularly.

That point came to my mind after I finished writing my earlier post.

2. Gopalan actually came back.

That is true. Maybe Ho should too. Sadly, freedom does come with a price.

3. SDP publicised for Gopalan.

That appears to insinuate that the SDP somehow holds "double standards" and do not take a cause that does not give it exclusivity, or the WP seems to make "shadow efforts" given that a WP blogger and not the WP website carried this news. :biggrin:

Also, I don't assume any question of integrity on anyone taking up a foreign citizenship. There're millions of cases all over the world every year. There're different reasons and different circumstances.

There's no integrity issue with people taking up foreign citizenship. The issue is with people who give up Singapore citizenship claiming to love Singapore enough to be jailed.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes well spotted Bro.

But I would hardly think that Yaw Shin Leong would be appropriate person to make such demands on PAP.

I think this earlier article is not important.

What is important is the later article, which touches on Ho Juan Thai, a former politician who escaped to UK in 1976 and now wants to return.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hereby apologise, on behalf of the Worker's Party Executive Committee about Yaw Shin Leong's politicking on sports events for own personal business agenda.

I feel this is carrying a little far.

While YSL doesn't have the right to represent Singaporeans, he is a Singaporean who got carried away into representing his fellow countrymen. On the other hand, I do not think you are even in the executive committee of the WP.

Better analogies, please. :biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes well spotted Bro.

But I would hardly think that Yaw Shin Leong would be appropriate person to make such demands on PAP.

I think it doesn't matter, Bro. One can find any argument to express that a person cannot make certain demands or carry certain causes.

The issue is the cause. If YSL is not the best person, anyone else can take over anytime.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That appears to insinuate that the SDP somehow holds "double standards" and do not take a cause that does not give it exclusivity, or the WP seems to make "shadow efforts" given that a WP blogger and not the WP website carried this news. :biggrin:

You must be kidding me, right? WP website carrying news? Since when does WP website carry news? Not even Selamat Hari Raya, Merry Christmas or Happy New Year greetings nowadays.

There's no integrity issue with people taking up foreign citizenship. The issue is with people who give up Singapore citizenship claiming to love Singapore enough to be jailed.

Different reasons and different circumstances. In short, let's just say, there're certain limits on your passport renewal eligibility if you stay abroad for too long (look at Ho's case, he lost his Singapore passport eligibility but was saved by the British Refugee passport). In Gopalan's case, he has become eligible for US passport, and grounds for renewal of US green card plus Singapore passport were running thin.

I'm defending neither Ho nor Gopalan. I'm just speaking out as I understand it. Different folks, different strokes. No judgment.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. The word "cousin" in international context may apply between countries like the UK and the USA, or even Singapore and Malaysia, due to historical links, but certainly not in the context between Singapore and Vietnam.

3. If Shin Leong does have certain business interest in Vietnam, then it's natural that he has certain affection towards Vietnam and is concerned that his business is not affected by any such undesirable incidence.

If Vietnam is our cousin, then Malaysia is our brother. That's why not a single Malay is in armour unit. Brothers don't kill each others. Don't know whether Yaw have certain business in Myanmar which he called brother.
:biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are not part of the Worker's Party Executive Committee and hence, anything you say does not represent them.

But Yaw is a Singaporean and YES, he can represent Singapore to make a "citizen's" apolagy if its deem fit.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe...I heard he does have a certain affection towards Vietnamese ladies too.

Want me to spill the beans of Yaw, Eric and a few WP members' "adventure" in Vietnam ?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. Shin Leong can't claim to speak on behalf of all Singaporeans. Contesting against the Prime Minister doesn't give one equal prerogative to the Prime Minister, unless one actually wins. He may be sounding too presumptuously arrogant.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel this is carrying a little far.

While YSL doesn't have the right to represent Singaporeans, he is a Singaporean who got carried away into representing his fellow countrymen. On the other hand, I do not think you are even in the executive committee of the WP.

Better analogies, please. :biggrin:

Yaw didn't get carried away representing his Singapore man. I mentioned he has personal business interests in Vietnam, he is selling his country by quickly apologising on his blog.

This is the man who voted for PAP after asking everyone else to do the opposite in AMK. I do not wish to see these characters in opposition, I am all for opposition, but I think we need to choose properly.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaw didn't get carried away representing his Singapore man. I mentioned he has personal business interests in Vietnam, he is selling his country by quickly apologising on his blog.

This is the man who voted for PAP after asking everyone else to do the opposite in AMK. I do not wish to see these characters in opposition, I am all for opposition, but I think we need to choose properly.

Perhaps it is really due to business interests that he wrote that article. But in my view, "selling out" is a far-fetched term.

In any case, if I don't endorse YSL, given that you tried to represent an organisation that you are not with, I wouldn't endorse your acts too.