• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He skipped work and produced a forged police warning to explain his absence

Barin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He skipped work and produced a forged police warning to explain his absence

Published on Dec 07, 2012
By Khushwant Singh

HE MISSED work on July 31 this year and decided to lie that he had to spend the whole day in court.

As proof, he showed his supervisor a police notice of warning for a sex act issued to him. It was dated the day he missed work and was purportedly issued by the Criminal Investigation Department.

Thinking it was a serious matter, the human resource manager called CID and discovered that no such warning had been issued.

Damien Yue, 27, was today fined $5,000.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Hudson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story - Want to bluff, don't bluff too big.

Had he just geng by seeing a doc and let the doc issue a MC. It is unlikely the HR department will call the doc up to check the nature of the condition. The doc would need to observe medical confidentiality. Probably call up to check if the doc did issue the MC. If the doc really issue that MC, then bo tai jee.

Maximilian Veers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I can't work, I'm accused of sex crime'

20121209.170003_dec0912_damienyue.jpg

Yue, who failed to turn up for work on July 31 due to a hangover, claimed he had to spend the whole day in court.

By Khushwant Singh
The Straits Times
Monday, Dec 10, 2012

SINGAPORE - HE WAS too hungover to go to work, but Damien L. Yue did not simply call in sick.

Instead, the 27-year-old came up with a rather unconventional excuse.

He claimed he had been accused of a serious sexual offence and had to spend the whole day in court.

Yue even forged a warning notice from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

His ruse was discovered when his company's human resources manager phoned the police and found out that no such warning had been issued.

On Friday, Yue was fined $5,000 for forgery.

The account executive failed to turn up for work on July 31 because he had overslept due to a drinking session the night before, an earlier hearing was told.

When his supervisor asked why he had been absent, he lied that he had been arrested.

He applied for the day he had missed to be counted as annual leave and submitted the forged document along with his application.

Court papers revealed that Yue had received a police warning for a sexual offence once before, in March 2006.

He pleaded guilty earlier this week to one charge of forgery.

The court heard he worked at 88DB, which runs a jobs website.

Yue, who did not have a lawyer, pleaded for leniency, saying he realised he had acted "foolishly and impulsively" by forging such an important document.

"I had no intention of causing harm to my company," he said. "It was meant to cover the day I was absent from work."

He added that his supervisor had told him he should have gone to a doctor to get medical leave for the day instead of resorting to forgery.

District Judge Jasbendar Kaur said that she had taken into consideration Yue's motives in forging the document when deciding on the sentence.

He could have been jailed for four years, fined up to $10,000 or both.

Yue, who is now unemployed, was allowed to pay the fine in instalments.

[email protected]