• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to settle happily in OZ

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
insane escalating rent...low pay no career... apart from that...all is good...50% happy....good welfare, health system, relaxation, poor transporatation though (pending on states)

Sorry to hear about rent. About the rental situation, I did not raise the rent for my current tenants because they kept the place clean.
But I also have bills to pay. Difficult.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental in Sydney has skyrocketed to the point that buying a property is making it worthwhile. $450 per week around $2K a month. Or $2K a month mortgage for a house? People just have to be realistic where they want to live.

Sorry to hear about rent. About the rental situation, I did not raise the rent for my current tenants because they kept the place clean.
But I also have bills to pay. Difficult.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
How's life, dude ?
Uncle, why you mistaken me with someone else ?
Currently, I am extremely unhappy coz SG recruitment failed to intro me a job in SG :-(
My life is so miserable.. hehe.

Was contemplating after I move. :wink:

You not Axe?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, both your style very similar mah. your old avatar also koala 168,88 also.

How's life, dude ?
Uncle, why you mistaken me with someone else ?
Currently, I am extremely unhappy coz SG recruitment failed to intro me a job in SG :-(
My life is so miserable.. hehe.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, but there are some who are simply driven by greed where it will never be enough.

Indeed. I know people in my family that are like that too. Don't have goals in life but make more money. Some even worst, have to make sure that everybody know how much money they have by showing off.

However such people will never be happy not matter how much money they make. When they have more money, they compare themselves to people with even more money. How to win right?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
insane escalating rent...low pay no career... apart from that...all is good...50% happy....good welfare, health system, relaxation, poor transporatation though (pending on states)

Earlier I spoke about renting ... cannot be helped because of demand and supply.

Low pay and no Career ?

Talk about aspiration, opportunities and outcomes.

What do you aspire to be? In Singapore, there are only so many careers because of taboos, undesirable careers and limited geography.

In Australia, there are more diverse opportunities Eg you can go into agriculture and still expect to do well. From wine to truffles to growing shitake mushrooms in old disused railway tunnels. CBH is a big employer forever looking for people.

Then there is the CSIRO that employ many Asian scientists.

Because this is a mature (haha) established country, we do not get "nation building" government picking us from the street to start new industries, etc.

The problem with Australia is the way the government use welfare to achieve some sort of fairness in society, I called that equal outcome (borrowed that term from somewhere)

Refugees and migrants go to Australia because they get better outcomes, without lifting a finger. Eg healthcare, leisure, less stress.
I also wonder why I work when these "outcomes" are easily attainable whether I work or not.

It is quite easy to be addicted to low pay when Aussies realise that they do not need to strive for higher pay - since they have access to the same outcomes.

In fact, when the minimum pay is $16/hour, it is best to get the easiest job and get that same pay.

It is hard to find childcare workers because they have to go though so many obstacles (police clearance. working with child clearance, safety, tests after test) just to earn that low pay. People would rather work in a government dept playing Angry Birds on Mondays, office yoga on Tuesdays, going to office gym on Wednesday, massage on Thurdays and leaving for pub at 2pm on Fridays. :smile:

Otherwise, stay at home and wait for centrelink newstart allowance.

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earlier I spoke about renting ... cannot be helped because of demand and supply.

Low pay and no Career ?

Talk about aspiration, opportunities and outcomes.

What do you aspire to be? In Singapore, there are only so many careers because of taboos, undesirable careers and limited geography.

In Australia, there are more diverse opportunities Eg you can go into agriculture and still expect to do well. From wine to truffles to growing shitake mushrooms in old disused railway tunnels. CBH is a big employer forever looking for people.

Then there is the CSIRO that employ many Asian scientists.

Because this is a mature (haha) established country, we do not get "nation building" government picking us from the street to start new industries, etc.

The problem with Australia is the way the government use welfare to achieve some sort of fairness in society, I called that equal outcome (borrowed that term from somewhere)

Refugees and migrants go to Australia because they get better outcomes, without lifting a finger. Eg healthcare, leisure, less stress.
I also wonder why I work when these "outcomes" are easily attainable whether I work or not.

It is quite easy to be addicted to low pay when Aussies realise that they do not need to strive for higher pay - since they have access to the same outcomes.

In fact, when the minimum pay is $16/hour, it is best to get the easiest job and get that same pay.

It is hard to find childcare workers because they have to go though so many obstacles (police clearance. working with child clearance, safety, tests after test) just to earn that low pay. People would rather work in a government dept playing Angry Birds on Mondays, office yoga on Tuesdays, going to office gym on Wednesday, massage on Thurdays and leaving for pub at 2pm on Fridays. :smile:

Otherwise, stay at home and wait for centrelink newstart allowance.

Analsyt..but it seems every job require experience...and entry level very competitive...

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am paying btw 1600-1800 per plot..
Not big size too - about 1/4 acre (900m2) nia.. hehe..
Well bottom line, it beats renting..
Enjoy another waves of boom in 3-5yrs time..

My block size small, I think around 700 per year nia. According to my colleague that stays that area.