• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian's letter to ST Forum kanna rejected !!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cannot retrech workers lah. less cpf contributions. more pay-outs. many people want to get retrenched and cash out! but they beg and beg and never kena retrenched - but instead got pay cuts! which is worse!!!

so keep the jobs.keep the low salaries. keep the cpf alive! majuahla singapura!!!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not surprised the letter was rejected. It's the most stupid suggestion I've ever come across in my entire life.:rolleyes:

The whole idea of retrenchments is to get rid of deadwood who are no longer productive.

Asking these useless employees to take leave isn't a permanent solution to anything. Employees who are liabilities need to be culled and now is the perfect time.

Not necessarily true. That is only one of the two reasons. Retrenchment is also for downsizing during bad times and companies who opt for this method usually keeps both the young and the old (young for renewal sake and old for experience sake). There are also those who unethically downsize to increase profits - and overstretch their remaining staff (again, may be young or old).

However, I do agree that Tan Kin Lian's suggestion a little out but for a different reason - because it may not work with corporate industries. For state or government employees, the entire system is nearly froze in stone, so this method can work.

However, for a manufacturing company, reducing manpower via no-pay leave is as good as reducing production, which comes down to reducing output and reducing profits, which then boils down to the same thing. Unless the customer base drops drastically, this may not be a good method.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 100 letters are sent daily to SPH, does that mean all letters will be published?

And anyway TKL's suggestion is not feasible.
He has a lot of "on paper talk about soldiers"

Did he really think about what will be the result if his idea is taken and implemented? What if the result is not as expected or even worst? And furthermore, he talked about his Plan A, which is if its successful. What if Plan A is implemented and became unsuccessful, will there be a Plan B?

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not surprised the letter was rejected. It's the most stupid suggestion I've ever come across in my entire life.:rolleyes:

The whole idea of retrenchments is to get rid of deadwood who are no longer productive.

Asking these useless employees to take leave isn't a permanent solution to anything. Employees who are liabilities need to be culled and now is the perfect time.

Naturally, I can only ascribe your views to Weeshuminism! For the apparent lack of empathy. You must be a rich man, Sam Leong!:mad: