• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Non traditional Emigration Destinations!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Emigrating to Zimbabwe

December 14th, 2007

If you are planning to migrate to Zimbabwe, then you should know that you will not be able to enter the country with the intention of living there for more than 12 months, unless you hold a valid immigration permit. This permit will authorize your stay in the country for more than 12 months.
There are several types of residence permits, and these include residence permits for dependents, residence permits for investors, indefinite or permanent residence permits, and resumption of residence for former permanent residents.

Resident permits for dependents are those issued to persons below 18 years of age. They are also granted to retirees who are not seeking to gain employment but are coming to live with relatives who are permanent residents in Zimbabwe. The relatives should show proof that they have adequate financial means to support themselves and the addition to their families.

Meanwhile, a person who intends to establish a business in Zimbabwe by investing equipment and offshore capital that amount to US$100,000 in a joint venture with a partner from the local scene is eligible to get an Investor’s Residence Permit.

If you are a person who has lived in Zimbabwe for a continuous period of five years by the virtue of a work permit or a dependent’s residence permit, then you will qualify to apply for permanent residence in the country.

So, if you are really bent on living in Zimbabwe permanently, then you should look into what sort of residence permits you should apply for. You can ask questions about your intended application at the local immigration offices.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Emigrating to Pakistan

December 14th, 2007

All foreigners who wish to gain entry to Pakistan should be a holder of a valid passport. Visitors to the country do not need a visa to get into Pakistan for a period of time if they belong to some specified countries. For those from Maldives, South Korea, Zambia, Iceland, Mauritius and Singapore, they could stay in Pakistan for three months without a visa while those from Western Samoa, Hong Kong and Nepal could stay for only a month. Those coming from Tonga, Tobago and Trinidad can stay for an unlimited period of time.

Landing permits or transit visas that are good for thirty days will be supplied at airports and other entry points by the Pakistan Immigration for free. But, this is only for genuine tourists who possess return air tickets and a sufficient amount of foreign currency as well as having satisfied queries to being bona fide visitors.

If you want to become a citizen of Pakistan, you have to be aware that there are many categories of persons that are qualified to be granted citizenship. These are the old parents of Pakistani nationals who are in India; Commonwealth citizens who transfer Rs 5 million worth of foreign currency into the country; nationals from other countries other than the Commonwealth who have lived in Pakistan for a period of five years; foreign women who are married to nationals of Pakistan; and, dependent children under 21 years of age of Pakistani women who have been married to foreigners. Children who were born to a Pakistani mother and foreign father after April 14, 2000 are treated as Pakistani citizens automatically.

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=167319.1

The following is a 5-step process to get the Argentinian D.N.I.:

http://www.clickargentina.com/article/how-to-get-an-argentinian-DNI/
How to get an Argentinian D.N.I.

<TABLE class=tablebg cellSpacing=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 id=norm>
D.N.I. stands for Documento Nacional de Identidad, i.e. National Identity Document. If you're going to be in Argentina for any length of time you'll soon realise that life is much, much easier with a D.N.I. You'll be asked for it on loads of occasions, such as:
  • applying for services (such as phone, internet, electricity, etc.)
  • purchasing anything with a credit card
  • purchasing anything requiring delivery
  • making travel arrangements within Argentina (higher prices without a DNI)
  • enrolling in courses
  • trying to open a bank account
  • and so on...
If you're eligible to receive a D.N.I., then this article at clickargentina.com will guide you through the steps to take in order to get one. Luckily the process is generally much easier than that of Getting permanent residence.
NOTE: The following information is for people living in the Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. If you're living elsewhere in Argentina then you should contact your local Registro Civil.
1. Gather your documents

You'll need the following documents in order to apply for a D.N.I.:
  • Original certified birth certificate which has an apostille or has been legalised by the Argentine consul in your country of birth. This must be translated into Spanish by a registered national public translator and verified by the Colegio de Traductores Públicos.
  • Your residence certificate as issued by the national immigration office (e.g. your Radicación temporaria or Radicación permanente.)
  • A document issued by your local police authority which states your current residential address (Certificado de Domicilio)
  • 2 passport photos (you can get these done at the DNI office though you may have to queue and the quality there isn't very good).
2. Make a photocopy of everything

Though photocopies may not be required when applying for a D.N.I., government offices in Argentina are notorious for requesting photocopies of just about everything, so it's better to have them ready just in case.
3. Go to the central D.N.I. office

Argentinians can request a D.N.I. from several offices throughout the city but foreigners are required to apply from the central office of the Registro Nacional de las Personas (located at 25 de mayo 155).
Be sure to go along early - initial applications are normally only accepted in the morning and as with other trámites in Argentina there can be long queues and limits on the number or applications accepted per day.
4. Join the queues

Unless things have since changed, the process at the D.N.I. office goes something like this (it took me 5 hours!):
  • Queue outside until the guard allows you to enter the building.
  • Grab a number then join a seated queue on the entrance floor and wait until your number is called.
  • Have your documents looked over and if they're ok you'll be given a different coloured number and you can proceed downstairs, else come back another day.
  • Join the first downstairs queue and wait for your number to be called.
  • Have your documents looked over again (by someone more knowledgeable?) and if they're ok you'll be given another number so you can proceed to the second downstairs queue, else go home...
  • Go and pay the application fee at the cashier ($15 pesos at the time of writing) and also get your photos done while you're waiting if you haven't brought any with you.
  • Wait for your number to be called then present your documents to the public servant who calls you over.
  • Read things, sign things, give your fingerprints, etc., then you'll be given a piece of paper stating that your D.N.I. application is in process. You'll be told to wait 3 to 4 months before coming back to collect your D.N.I.
  • Go home and feel good that your D.N.I. application is in process (on a shelf somewhere for 3+ months...)
5. Go back to the D.N.I. office

Once 3 to 4 months have passed, go back to the Registro Nacional de las Personas in the afternoon along with the piece of paper they gave you with your application number on it.
  • Present your paper to the guard outside then the public servant inside (after queuing of course) and if your D.N.I. is ready you'll be allowed to proceed downstairs.
  • Wait for your name to be called, present your paper and second passport photo, verify that your details have been written into the D.N.I. correctly then sign and fingerprint it and sit down again while another officer authenticates and authorises everything.
  • When your name is called again, you'll be able to collect your spanking new D.N.I. Congratulations!
Further information

For up-to-date information (in Spanish) visit the Ministerio del Interior website and their Instructivo de Trámites para Ciudadanos Extranjeros.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A

americanidol

Emigrating to Zimbabwe

December 14th, 2007

So, if you are really bent on living in Zimbabwe permanently, then you should look into what sort of residence permits you should apply for. You can ask questions about your intended application at the local immigration offices.

this is really far fetched. is it safe ? plus not to mention the types of tropical diseases u can catch ...

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Bahamas can let you become a citizen in 2 years. Perfect to get your CPF out in a hurry! But I'm not sure how immigration officers worldwide will treat you with your new passport.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Bahamas can let you become a citizen in 2 years. Perfect to get your CPF out in a hurry! But I'm not sure how immigration officers worldwide will treat you with your new passport.

Bahamas sound exotic! Might be a good place to immigrate. :biggrin:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=167319.1

The following is a 5-step process to get the Argentinian D.N.I.:

http://www.clickargentina.com/article/how-to-get-an-argentinian-DNI/
How to get an Argentinian D.N.I.

<TABLE class=tablebg cellSpacing=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 id=norm>
D.N.I. stands for Documento Nacional de Identidad, i.e. National Identity Document. If you're going to be in Argentina for any length of time you'll soon realise that life is much, much easier with a D.N.I. You'll be asked for it on loads of occasions, such as:
  • applying for services (such as phone, internet, electricity, etc.)
  • purchasing anything with a credit card
  • purchasing anything requiring delivery
  • making travel arrangements within Argentina (higher prices without a DNI)
  • enrolling in courses
  • trying to open a bank account
  • and so on...
If you're eligible to receive a D.N.I., then this article at clickargentina.com will guide you through the steps to take in order to get one. Luckily the process is generally much easier than that of Getting permanent residence.
NOTE: The following information is for people living in the Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. If you're living elsewhere in Argentina then you should contact your local Registro Civil.
1. Gather your documents

You'll need the following documents in order to apply for a D.N.I.:
  • Original certified birth certificate which has an apostille or has been legalised by the Argentine consul in your country of birth. This must be translated into Spanish by a registered national public translator and verified by the Colegio de Traductores Públicos.
  • Your residence certificate as issued by the national immigration office (e.g. your Radicación temporaria or Radicación permanente.)
  • A document issued by your local police authority which states your current residential address (Certificado de Domicilio)
  • 2 passport photos (you can get these done at the DNI office though you may have to queue and the quality there isn't very good).
2. Make a photocopy of everything

Though photocopies may not be required when applying for a D.N.I., government offices in Argentina are notorious for requesting photocopies of just about everything, so it's better to have them ready just in case.
3. Go to the central D.N.I. office

Argentinians can request a D.N.I. from several offices throughout the city but foreigners are required to apply from the central office of the Registro Nacional de las Personas (located at 25 de mayo 155).
Be sure to go along early - initial applications are normally only accepted in the morning and as with other trámites in Argentina there can be long queues and limits on the number or applications accepted per day.
4. Join the queues

Unless things have since changed, the process at the D.N.I. office goes something like this (it took me 5 hours!):
  • Queue outside until the guard allows you to enter the building.
  • Grab a number then join a seated queue on the entrance floor and wait until your number is called.
  • Have your documents looked over and if they're ok you'll be given a different coloured number and you can proceed downstairs, else come back another day.
  • Join the first downstairs queue and wait for your number to be called.
  • Have your documents looked over again (by someone more knowledgeable?) and if they're ok you'll be given another number so you can proceed to the second downstairs queue, else go home...
  • Go and pay the application fee at the cashier ($15 pesos at the time of writing) and also get your photos done while you're waiting if you haven't brought any with you.
  • Wait for your number to be called then present your documents to the public servant who calls you over.
  • Read things, sign things, give your fingerprints, etc., then you'll be given a piece of paper stating that your D.N.I. application is in process. You'll be told to wait 3 to 4 months before coming back to collect your D.N.I.
  • Go home and feel good that your D.N.I. application is in process (on a shelf somewhere for 3+ months...)
5. Go back to the D.N.I. office

Once 3 to 4 months have passed, go back to the Registro Nacional de las Personas in the afternoon along with the piece of paper they gave you with your application number on it.
  • Present your paper to the guard outside then the public servant inside (after queuing of course) and if your D.N.I. is ready you'll be allowed to proceed downstairs.
  • Wait for your name to be called, present your paper and second passport photo, verify that your details have been written into the D.N.I. correctly then sign and fingerprint it and sit down again while another officer authenticates and authorises everything.
  • When your name is called again, you'll be able to collect your spanking new D.N.I. Congratulations!
Further information

For up-to-date information (in Spanish) visit the Ministerio del Interior website and their Instructivo de Trámites para Ciudadanos Extranjeros.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How to get Argentinian citizenship? My plan is to renounce my S'pore
citizenship the soonest to withdraw my cpf.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much do I need to be a citizen of Bahamas?

nicolewong

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to get Argentinian citizenship? My plan is to renounce my S'pore
citizenship the soonest to withdraw my cpf.

Get your DNI (National Identity Document/Documento Nacional de Identidad) first. DNI is like PR in Singapore. Once you have DNI, then you apply for citizenship. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zimbabwe is good, can become billionnaire in no time.
Do you know what they call the HiAce taxi in Harare? High Impact African Culling Machine.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come no one mentioned West EU or Scadinavian countries? Sweden, Switaerland, Belgium, Finland, Norway, France, Denmark etc. Many of their peoples know english, and i hear they're looking for foreigners to fill in many vacancies. Their living conditions are even better than Canada and UK.

But it'll take a while before you can qualify to be a citizen.