• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Six million people in Singapore....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said Singapore could accommodate six million people in time to come.

The country's total population stood at 5.26 million as of December last year.

Mr Lee was speaking to Singaporeans at a Mandarin forum hosted by MediaCorp on Singapore's future.

30 Singaporeans took part in the forum. Among them are educators, young parents, seniors and new citizens.

They raised issues ranging from pre-school education to Singapore's low birth rate and population.

The host, veteran presenter Chun Guek Lay, asked what Singapore's ideal population target is if it is to continue its economic progress.

"It's very hard to give a concrete figure, because the situation is evolving. We're gradually increasing our land area, and if we rebuild our older towns, then we can accommodate more people. Today our population is over 5 million. In the future, 6 million or so should not be a problem. Beyond that, we'll have to think more carefully," said Mr Lee.

Participants were polled on whether they think Singaporeans are accepting of foreigners. 77 per cent said 'yes'.

Another poll asked if Singapore should continue welcoming immigrants to boost the country's low birth rate. 67 per cent agreed.

The cultural impact of immigration was a key issue at the forum. Some participants said newcomers do not just bring new skills and business networks, they also enrich Singapore's culture and language.

"In the lift, when I hear my neighbours and their children speak perfect Mandarin, it makes my day!" said Chew Chong Kheng, producer-presenter from MediaCorp YES 93.3FM.

But not all agreed.

"Immigrants are not local people, after all. They are here because there are benefits. If this changes one day, they can migrate once again," said financial consultant Vincent Chua.

"Every individual's motivations and attitudes are different. Immigrants are not the only ones who can leave Singapore, because they are not rooted here. Many overseas Singaporeans, they may come home, or they may stay overseas for many years and take up foreign citizenship. We all know this happens. If new immigrants are willing to take root here and be loyal to Singapore, we should treat them graciously," said PM Lee.

Singapore granted some 16,000 citizenships to foreigners in 2011. Between 2008 and 2010, the figure was between 18,000 and 20,000.

You can catch the programme "A Conversation with PM Lee" on Sunday, 23 September at 9pm on Channel 8.

- CNA/ir

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen of Singapore, especially Citizens, those born and bred Singaporeans, (Haroof! Haroof! Haroof!).

The question is why it has lead to mass exodus of foreigners into Singapore?

What benefits does it have to the nation overall?

What benefits does it have to the Citizens of Singapore overall?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not 8 ?

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said Singapore could accommodate six million people in time to come.

The country's total population stood at 5.26 million as of December last year.

"In the lift, when I hear my neighbours and their children speak perfect Mandarin, it makes my day!" said Chew Chong Kheng, producer-presenter from MediaCorp YES 93.3FM.

But not all agreed.

"Immigrants are not local people, after all. They are here because there are benefits. If this changes one day, they can migrate once again," said financial consultant Vincent Chua.

Singapore granted some 16,000 citizenships to foreigners in 2011. Between 2008 and 2010, the figure was between 18,000 and 20,000.

Look on the bright side, it will not be an 8 million yet. :eek:

Zhou Chong Qing read straight out from the fascist's script, did he ?

AuntyLucy2.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen of Singapore, especially Citizens, those born and bred Singaporeans, (Haroof! Haroof! Haroof!).

why US, UK and Europe doing years ago what S'pore is now doing...................

that's why i've been saying S'pore and all these Western countries are all on the same master's agenda..............

S'pore is still a Crown Colony owned by the Rothschilds.............the Lee Family is merely like the governor or viceroy.............

Lee Hsien Loong is trying to impress his masters so he can stay on as governor....................he's doing this by turning S'pore into another Monaco.............letting in foreigners.............greatly strengthening the SAF and getting more involved in American military efforts..............cozying up to India becoz US is doing that.............etc etc

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
why US, UK and Europe doing years ago what S'pore is now doing...................

that's why i've been saying S'pore and all these Western countries are all on the same master's agenda..............

S'pore is still a Crown Colony owned by the Rothschilds.............the Lee Family is merely like the governor or viceroy.............

Lee Hsien Loong is trying to impress his masters so he can stay on as governor....................he's doing this by turning S'pore into another Monaco.............letting in foreigners.............greatly strengthening the SAF and getting more involved in American military efforts..............cozying up to India becoz US is doing that.............etc etc

GOD IS MY DOG, could you point to me some information regarding, why you have believed that Singapore is still a CROWN COLONY owned by Rothschilds?

Care to discuss, with facts please? Not based on assumption, or thin air creation....

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsien Loong is trying to impress his masters so he can stay on as governor....................he's doing this by turning S'pore into another Monaco.............letting in foreigners.............

That's good news for property investors. This means property prices will only go up in the long term as the government is attracting more wealthy foreigners to migrate to SG turning it into another Monaco. I always look at the glass half full instead of half empty.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Lots of jobs.
2. Makes the place more crowded.
3. Dunno.

Cheers!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Well as long as we still have not heard bones cracking in MRT trains we should not complain la.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cultural impact of immigration was a key issue at the forum. Some participants said newcomers do not just bring new skills and business networks, they also enrich Singapore's culture and language.

This Sissy Zhou Chong Qing will love it more if a guy give him a dick slap inside a lift..

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a few islands are developed for housing, you can expect up to 8 million. The PAPzis are way ahead in their plan to develop Singapore as a place for the rich to enrich themselves at the expense of low and middle income families. More and more FTs will come to increase the demand for goods and services and taxes and housing. It's like a farmer maximising his farm by having as many cows as possible regardless if it gets uncomfortable for the cows. In 15-20 years, 20% of 25-35 year old Singaporeans will not be able to afford a HDB flat. Their only option is to go to Malaysia and Indonesia to work and live there. They have no choice if they want to have a family and a roof over their heads. Singaporeans have already been engineered to be second and third class citizens. Their move away from Singapore will not be too harsh.

With more FTs planned and a steady supply always on the ready to ensure that their numbers are always maintained, low and middle income Singaporeans will continue to face dampening wages and further job insecurity from now till the PAPzis are voted out and new pro Singaporean policies are put into place.