• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lawyers acting for Ma Chi’s family blame crash on ‘poor traffic conditions’

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lawyers acting for Ma Chi’s family blame crash on ‘poor traffic conditions’

Posted by temasektimes on September 20, 2012
The fatal accident at Bugis caused by PRC Ferrari driver Ma Chi was blamed on ‘poor traffic conditions’ and therefore ‘unintended’ by the lawyers acting for his family.
In documents filed in High Court on Tuesday, the Ma family’s lawyers from Drew & Napier LLC argued that the placement of the traffic lights at the junction “made it difficult for motorists to spot the traffic signals readily and easily”, among other reasons.
This led to vehicles having a “high likelihood” of failing to comply with traffic lights that just turned red against them and therefore the actions of Ma Chi were ”unintended, unexpected and/or fortuitous”.
In the defence and counter-claim filed by AXA, its lawyers from United Legal Alliance LLC said that the crash was “highly probable, foreseeable and to be expected”.
The insurer’s lawyers also said that the incident was due to a “collision”, and not an accident.
In the insurance industry, this means that the driver was aware that his actions would cause an accident, thereby voiding the insurer’s liability to make a payout.
A video clip which is widely circulated online showed Ma Chi’s Ferrari speeding and beating the red light before crashing into a Hyundai Sonata taxi causing the deaths of its driver Cheng Teck Hock and Japanese driver Shigemi Ito.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with Ma Family lawyers. The traffic conditions were poor. I have been to races before. There are barriers and they don't allow taxis and other road vehicles on the circuit.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what a load of PRC bullshit, PAP should sue them until all their money are confiscated.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have to agree with Ma Family lawyers. The traffic conditions were poor. I have been to races before. There are barriers and they don't allow taxis and other road vehicles on the circuit.

what about that mercedes safety vehicle, bro? :o:o:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... In documents filed in High Court on Tuesday, the Ma family’s lawyers from Drew & Napier LLC argued that the placement of the traffic lights at the junction “made it difficult for motorists to spot the traffic signals readily and easily”, among other reasons.
This led to vehicles having a “high likelihood” of failing to comply with traffic lights that just turned red against them and therefore the actions of Ma Chi were ”unintended, unexpected and/or fortuitous” ...
lidat, soo alteeair la ...

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time when I took my driving test, I also told the tester at BBDC that the traffic conditions were "poor", I got an immediate failure. :(

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also agree with Ma's Family lawyers. The traffic conditions were poor. However, poor traffic conditions is no excuse for that Chink to speed and beat the red light.

During blizzards when I was driving in the Canada, I would slow down as the roads were very slippery and traffic conditions as well as visibility were very poor. Even cruising at the posted speed limits weren't safe under such conditions. Common sense dictates that motorists should slow down when the driving conditions are poor unless they want to die prematurely.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also agree with Ma's Family lawyers. The traffic conditions were poor. However, poor traffic conditions is no excuse for that Chink to speed and beat the red light.

During blizzards when I was driving in the Canada, I would slow down as the roads were very slippery and traffic conditions as well as visibility were very poor. Even cruising at the posted speed limits weren't safe under such conditions. Common sense dictates that motorists should slow down when the driving conditions are poor unless they want to die prematurely.

Furst!, you are not Chinaman or correctly PRC, secondly, you don't drive a Fa La Li, third, you don't have a 'hot bun' to bake your sausage in, as the PRC have. Firth,same as third, you have to impress your 'hot bun. that your Fa La Li can do 300kph & lastly, your have to 'bake' your sausage in that 'hot bun' before a certain time, how to explain to wife with big belly that, you go out for a spin in the Fa La Li, you come home after dawn!:p

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Blizzards? What a lame reference. What poor traffic conditions are you refering to, haze, or telling us you have been to Canada?

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blizzards? What a lame reference. What poor traffic conditions are you refering to, haze, or telling us you have been to Canada?

Watch the video below to see the traffic conditions I'm referring when there's blizzard during winter. It's basically very poor visibility and very slippery road. Make sure to keep a very good distance from the vehicle in front in addition to slowing down. Also, don't jam on the brake as the ABS system will not stop the car when there's snow on the road. The best way to stop the car is by pumping the brake pedal.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1WraeJwlCVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the purpose of Lawyers?

What are the source of Income, for Lawyers?

If you are a gazillionaire, like apple, you would engage the best of the best Lawyers to fight cases for you, and guest what, best Lawyers is expensive, and they just helped apple make USD 1 billion recently, remember?