• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Char Azn in South America

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OK end of part 2. To find out if I had any Samba Chicken when I got back to Brazil, to see what Buenos Aires looks like and also the most spectacular natural wonder I've seen so far, stay tune for the next installment. That's going to be pretty lengthy, will post it once I feel like it

Thanks for the post and the wonderful pictures.
Must start saving up for a trip there......

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very nice photos. Hope to go South America one day. Did you have to pre-book all the hotel and flights or you just booked along the way?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice photos. Hope to go South America one day. Did you have to pre-book all the hotel and flights or you just booked along the way?

I pre-booked both although U can probably get the hotel a day or 2 before from the internet. Base on personal experience, ALWAYS book your flights as early as possible. Unless U are waiting for some kind of promotion which may or may not happen, flights get more expensive the more full it gets. The first time I went DIY, didn't plan, didn't know, I exceeded my budget more than 100% just on flights alone. Also for popular routes you may not be able to book the flight if it's last min. Unless U really have time to spare, it's best to book flights early. Meaning lots of planning if you want to go to multiple locations like what I did. Like I said I plan this for 2 years so I had a lot of time to re-do everything. I've also done this many times before so I already know how to go about doing it.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bit busy this week. I'll quickly run through this before I start getting busy again. Where was I. Oh yeah saving some of the best places for last. I left off on the day trip to Colonia. 1 thing interesting about the immigration between Argentina and Uruguay. The 2 immigration counter are actually side by side. The immigration officers from both countries actually sits next to each other at the same counter. The pass your passport to the next guy once it's done so U only have to go through customs once instead of twice. Once U disembark you are free to exit and not have to go through immigration again.

Now on to Buenos Aires. It's a nice modern city. Easily one of my favorite city so far. There are police everywhere. You can find them stationed at just about every junction in the city centre.

Here is the Pink house. The Argentinian Presidential Palace. Those who have watched Mcdonna's Evita should be familiar with this building
IMG_2969.JPG

Next up is the Caminito in the La Boca district. Many of the older traditional houses for the poor are now converted into cafes with Tango performance.
IMG_2999.JPG

The Boca Juniors stadium is nearby
IMG_2982.JPG

Moving on to the rich pple's area, Puerto Madero
IMG_3021.JPG

For those of you looking for good restaurants, this is the place to be. There are many rows of fine restaurant in this area. Had the best freaking steak ever at one of the restaurant here.
IMG_3030.JPG

Heading to the city centre. The main shopping area is around here.
IMG_3053.JPG

I spent about 4 days in Buenos Aires before catching the hour long flight to the Iguassu Falls. I crossed the border back into Brazil from the Falls. Anyone heading to South America, there are 2 things you definitely need to see. 1 is Manchu Picchu, the other one is the Iguassu Falls. This place is huge. It is at least 3 times the size of the Nigeria. It makes the Nigeria look pathetic

This is the start of the falls. The trail takes about 30-40 mins to complete.
IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

End of the Falls
IMG_3209.JPG

The Argentina side of the falls
IMG_3217.JPG

I took the helicopter rider to around the falls. This 2 were taken on the helicopter. The picture really doesn't do the falls justice unless U view it from up in the skies
IMG_3241.JPG

The back of the Falls
IMG_3243.JPG

There isn't much else to do at the falls. Probably 3 days max. Last stop Rio de Janeiro. It's about an hour's flight from the Iguacu. I don't think the most famous landmark here needs any intro. Christ the Redeemer is way overrated actually, it looks good from afar but up close it's not very spectacular non is it as big as I thought
IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

The other famous site, Sugar Loaf Mountain
IMG_3545.JPG

And of course the place is famous for it's beaches. This is the famous Copacabana beach
IMG_3273.JPG

Let's not forget Samba Dancing
IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

IMG_3396.JPG

Since there are a few queries on this I'll make a quick note. I'm not going to have a full report on this, not used talking about this as it is but I met an American guy in Buenos Aires who was working in Rio. Met him at breakfast every morning and we started talking. He showed me around Buenos Aires and when I headed to Rio, he played host. Here's the thing about South America. The women in South America are VERY OPEN even the women in Ang Moh countries like the US and Europe is nothing compared to those here. They are very friendly and very easy to hit that is if you speak Spanish/Portuguese. Lucky for me, my new best buddy speaks both. He brought me to a few places in Buenos Aires and Rio. The proportion of Chio Bu to average looking girls in those places is unbelievable. The only way you're leaving those places alone is if you're really trying hard to. So that should answer the last question. Anyone heading that direction can PM me about those places if they are interested.

Final note on this. I would really want to head back there if I can afford it. There are a few places that I did not managed to see, Angel Falls, Salar De Uyuni, the glacial at the southern tip of the continent and of coz more Latino girls. I strongly recommend everyone to go there at least once in their life time. There is way more to see and do there than places like the US and Europe

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
The women in South America are VERY OPEN even the women in Ang Moh countries like the US and Europe is nothing compared to those here. They are very friendly and very easy to hit that is if you speak Spanish/Portuguese. Lucky for me, my new best buddy speaks both. He brought me to a few places in Buenos Aires and Rio. The proportion of Chio Bu to average looking girls in those places is unbelievable. The only way you're leaving those places alone is if you're really trying hard to.

Nice pics and nice thread. :smile:
Got any pics of the chiobus?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your post. Latin America is indeed one of the most interesting places that I've been before.

I second to your claims that Latino girls are generally speaking very friendly and very open. Especially in Brazil, there are "Talking Clubs" where there are masses of people grouped together, with disco music that sounded like background music, and many people just holding a can of beer in their hand, and talking...

According to my Porto Alegre (south most city of Brazil) friend, he told me that as long as the girl have eye contact with you for 2 seconds or more... that's it... she can go out with you.

Brazil (Sao Paulo is super expensive). Chile is more or less similar to Singapore.

Did you try Brazil "Road Meat" ?, did you try Chile / Peru's Pisco Sour?, how about Peru's Lime Pescado (Fish that were cooked only by lime juice?)...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice pics and nice thread. :smile:
Got any pics of the chiobus?

Paiseh don't have. Given South America's rep, I didn't dare take pics of random babes on the street. :(

Did you try Brazil "Road Meat" ?, did you try Chile / Peru's Pisco Sour?, how about Peru's Lime Pescado (Fish that were cooked only by lime juice?)...

Yes to all. Must try is the beer steaks in Argentina be it just a simple steak or the Asado. Easily some of the best if not the best I've ever had.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes to all. Must try is the beer steaks in Argentina be it just a simple steak or the Asado. Easily some of the best if not the best I've ever had.

Wonderful! Latin America is the furthest from Singapore... sometimes it may take about close to 24 hours (Inclusive of wait, and flight time) to go to one location of Latin America from Singapore.

However, the trip will be worth it, and abundantly rewarded with the food, culture, environment...

I saw your travel list, and just curious, why didn't you consider going to Colombia? It is not that dangerous as many people thought... Bogota is a very fun city to be in...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to char south america or is it central america has some of the most dangerous countries in the world. Like honduras for eg i think that's in central america though but culturally it's similar to the rest of south america.

Anyway nice pics but was it boring travelling alone? Did you have to worry about crime and all of that? How is your spanish? I understand that south american spanish is different from spain's spanish which is castilian at least in the north.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonderful! Latin America is the furthest from Singapore... sometimes it may take about close to 24 hours (Inclusive of wait, and flight time) to go to one location of Latin America from Singapore.

However, the trip will be worth it, and abundantly rewarded with the food, culture, environment...

I saw your travel list, and just curious, why didn't you consider going to Colombia? It is not that dangerous as many people thought... Bogota is a very fun city to be in...

If you are going up all the way to the Caribbean Sea, hop over to Cuba. Hard to visit Cuba unless you are already in the region.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the issue of carnival. I think brazil has the best carnival in the world. Carnival is actually held in many places throughout the western hemisphere. Many carribean ppl have their own carnival celebrations especially trinidad and tobago. It's also held in many us cities and the participants somehow all come from the west indie.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are going up all the way to the Caribbean Sea, hop over to Cuba. Hard to visit Cuba unless you are already in the region.

The west indies is one of the top holiday destinations especially for ppl living on the east coast of the US. Bahamas for eg is a very popular holiday destination for many rich and famous people so is Cuba. The blight in that region is Haiti which is still very poor today 2 yrs after the earthquake.

Last edited:

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the issue of carnival. I think brazil has the best carnival in the world. Carnival is actually held in many places throughout the western hemisphere. Many carribean ppl have their own carnival celebrations especially trinidad and tobago. It's also held in many us cities and the participants somehow all come from the west indie.

Carnival+9 months= babies!!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never catch any samba football from the football capital of the world?

Nope, my timing wasn't good and I spent most of the nights getting wasted with with my new friends and Brazilian chicks :p

For me the flight time to Sao Paulo on SIA was 26 hrs, there was an hour stopover in Barcelona. Like I said earlier, limited time. I had to choose and I chose those that interest me the most. I also wanted to spend at least 4-5 days per country so I did not need to rush that much although the schedule is still very packed

to char south america or is it central america has some of the most dangerous countries in the world. Like honduras for eg i think that's in central america though but culturally it's similar to the rest of south america.

Anyway nice pics but was it boring travelling alone? Did you have to worry about crime and all of that? How is your spanish? I understand that south american spanish is different from spain's spanish which is castilian at least in the north.

South America and Central America more or less the same I think. It's not so much like the drug wars in Central America more specifically Mexico but it has always been complicated in places like Brazil. I've been told by the locals in Peru it's still ok, a lot of poor pple but not "complicated" like Brazil. Petty theft is still very high and the hotel receptionist told me not to carry my backpack on my back, should hold it in front. U can also find police patrolling the streets at all the major tourist areas wearing body armor. I think It's best to take some precautions.

As for traveling alone, I travel alone for work a lot so I am used to it. It's also not easy to find companions to go to these places with U plus scheduling and budgeting is a royal pain. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility. I travel alone on my long vacations most of the time anyway get away from it all and if I get bored, I just find some fellow tourist to talk to. They are usually very willing to share their travel experience with U. My knowledge in Spanish was 0 before this trip, I pick up some here and there as I travel so I can speak a few simple statement right now.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not much fun travelling alone. U should have gotten the chio bus in your pic to go along. That would have been bangtastic!!