• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

from the numbskull of leetahsar

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: to the pap, volunteers feed on air & water

charity work in sg is not really recommended. to do charity in sg, u need to be thick skin and willing to see funny faces.
many in sg r not used to getting charity cos sg has never encouraged it. want charity, sud just ask the Tony prez directly.

u r quite right. but it's the passion of compassion to do it....BUT, the gov must realise the good-doer needs sustenance to feed his body too.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
have u prepared for death?

leetahsar:

just met a new friend....a weird and unique young man who told me he had already made full preparation in the event of sudden death.

my thought that was shared with him:

why think about death while one is living? if it has to come, it comes. when one is already gone, everything ends. or it's another beginning of another unknown journey?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird

just met a new friend....a weird and unique young man who told me he had already made full preparation in the event of sudden death.

He made his wrong career move to MBS as the King of Gambler ? And he lost everything there ?

Must be the cardio exercises that he is doing quite frequently these days. Sudden death lurking in his dreams ?

I don't think most people will do that kind of thing. Taboo ?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Weird

if he had a family with young kids, maybe that would be a good strategy. but he is young, single and probably no steady gf-cum-wifey-to-be yet, having such unforeseen planning appears to be quite overly foresighted.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like Dat Piggy ?

2009101490412.jpg

just be happy is all that matter. nirvana and whatever are too abstract.

Nirvāṇa (Sanskrit: निर्वाण; Pali: निब्बान, nibbāna; Prakrit: णिव्वाण) is an ancient Sanskrit term used in Indian religions to describe the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation). In shramanic thought, it is the state of being free from suffering. In Hindu philosophy, it is union with the Brahman (Supreme Being).

The word literally means "blown out" (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished.

I thought Nirvana is a state of achieving so-called Enlightenment. But according to this definition, more like 八戒 ? A pig looking monk ?

八戒是佛教中的要求,内容包括:一戒杀生,二戒偷盗,三戒淫,四戒妄语,五戒饮酒,六戒着香华,七戒坐卧高广大床,八戒非时食。同时八戒也是经典名著《西游记》中的人物。

八关戒斋的简称。佛教指在家男女信徒于一日一夜中所受的八种斋戒法。据《法苑珠林》卷一0六为:

1、无杀意,慈念众生,不得残害蠕动之类;
  2、无贪意,思念布施,却悭贪意;
  3、无淫意,不念房事,修治梵行,不为邪欲;
  4、无妄语,思念至诚,言不为诈,心口相应;
  5、不饮酒,不醉迷,去入逸意;
  6、无求安,不著华(花)香,不傅脂粉,不为歌舞倡乐;
  7、无求安,不卧好床,卑床草席,捐除睡卧,思念经道;
  8、奉法,时过中不食。

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

if he had a family with young kids, maybe that would be a good strategy. but he is young, single and probably no steady gf-cum-wifey-to-be yet, having such unforeseen planning appears to be quite overly foresighted.

Must be the result of a fortune teller 'revealing' his destiny as 'not so good' - 短命 (reporting to Hade soon).

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Must be the result of a fortune teller 'revealing' his destiny as 'not so good' - 短命 (reporting to Hade soon).

i think it's the insecurity many singaporeans both young and old are feeling now. the saddest part is our gov is still painting themselves a fake rosy picture.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
why must i pay full dr's rate when attended by a missy?

leetahsar:

this is really funny!

went to the polyclinic to get my medications and underwent blood routine test. it was very time wasting to go polyclinic. there were so many waiting time periods.

lst u get a queue # from dispenser. then wait for # to be call to register ur name. next u go to a room for the blood pressure and weight taking. u gotta take another Q # and wait. after that's done, u proceed to the lab for the blood test. again, wait for # to be called. after test done, wait again for result.

finally, with the result obtain, proceed to the area outside the numbered consultation. yes, and wait again.

my number was called at last. entered the consultation room. instead of the dr who used to attend to me in the past, they allocated a missy nurse. usually with the dr, it took less than 5 minutes. now with a missy, it took more than 20 mins. gosh! it was quite intimidating. she recorded every words u whined to her.

after she had asked enough, she asked me to wait, went to the adjoining room where my regular dr was to ask him to issue the medicine prescription. with that, i exited the room, went to the pharmacy section, deposited the prescription....AND WAIT again.

my name was called this time to collect the medicine. u were to suppose to wait for the final time to make payment. luckily, i could skip that as automated payment machines were installed there where i made payment through NETS.

a receipt was printed out. here's the very puzzling part about the consultation fee.

Full Amount: $35.05
Payable Amount: $10.20 (which means subsidized rate)

here's the question:

1. why so bloody expensive if were to pay "full amount"? my GP usually charged everything - consultation & medication - usually about $25 only.

2. Subsidized rate $10.20 is consultation by a MEDICAL DOCTOR. if attended by a SRN missy, shouldn't it be cheaper according?

and hell!! the whole process from registration to drugs dispensal to payment took more 2.5hrs. most of time was wasted for waiting :(:*::oIo:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
eating at ABC HAKWER CENTRE

leetahsar:

TODAY's lunch was at abc hc. was so surprised to find a vegetarian stall that sold veggie beehoon at only $1.50. ordered another 2 veggie dishes at only 50c each. wow! really couldn't believe such a wonderful find. could believe that there are still honest-to-goodness hawkers around.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
give and u shall be given back

leetahbar:

i was pleasantly surprised that by giving free my powerpoints away, many were also returned to me.

the moral of the story:

give generously.....and thou shalt be rewarded too.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: give and u shall be given back

leetahbar:

i was pleasantly surprised that by giving free my powerpoints away, many were also returned to me.

the moral of the story:

give generously.....and thou shalt be rewarded too.

Good Karma, alright! :wink:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: give and u shall be given back

actually doesn't make much different.

i give is becos i want the recceiver to be happy - as simple as that. :biggrin:

So he recipocrated by giving his giver his dues...though the giver may not request for it. Important thing is the receiver gave the giver willingly.:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
lament of a loving father

leetahsar:

if u have read my UPHEAVAL OF LEETAHSAR, u should know the SI BEI brothers.

they have a very loving father would give each and every one something precious to hold on to. each child of his had a property, a car and a shop. for himself, he had none. he willed everything to all his wifeys and kids.

just a few nights ago, lauheelo rolanto asked me out to bring for a relaxing stroll in labrador park. as we strolled along, his lamented and began to pour griefs unto me. he revealed with a tone of disappointment that if he still possessed money and all the properties in his name, perhaps all the wifeys and children would treat me with more due respect.

i couldn't help to feel his sorry loneliness. since i was very closed to his boys - sibeikang and sibeipine, i had to remind him that he was underestimating the quality of his loved. they were definitely worth their characters in gold.

hope to have brought some relieve and consolation to the sad old man.....but actually i wasn't really sure how the depth of human characters could go. u can't tell until the circumstances and causes allow one to witness it.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
cuntry is now suffering from PANDAMONIUM

leetahsar:

PANDAMONIUM - the lame crazy wave that has taken over the city! is it worth it?

what is the real reason for all this lame frenzy? por china's lumpar? loving face and how lian?

there is not many cuntries that can adopt PRC pandas. singapore happens to be one of the qualified cuntry. are we stoopig or we indeed have too much $ and nowhere to trash it?

i think those countries which don't want to adopt the pandas are cleberer ones.