• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

from the numbskull of leetahsar

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh brother!! emperor pinky just loves wearing his new emperor's clothing

what conversation?

when pinky indulges in his lovey-dovey new emperor's clothing, he hears nothing bad. he just listen to all the good things his 90.5FM GOLD is offering to him.

what do citizens see? well, we see through him and obviously know he's naked except he himself isn't aware.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
another expensive wedding dinner

leetahsar:

i m scratching my head....

who the hell is this chap who sends me a wedding invitation at another 5-star hotel?

finally, i got it! it was one of my female classmates more than 30 yrs back and who there wasn't any liasion at all this while. out of the blue, i got this intricate invitation card by mail. how proud i was that she still had my address!

now i m in a dilemma. should i go or shouldn't i? it's gonna be a very painful dinner. the angpow would have to be at least $80 which is alot for me but humbling to the host as predictably each dinner table would have at least cost more than $1K.

so how?

more head scratching......:*:

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
more pek cheks from expensive wedding dinner

leetahsar:

just as i was wondering whether to attend or not, suddenly the mobile rang.

choo choo called to tell me she wasn't going. but...and it was a big BUT she asked me to add another angpow for her with $100. she had to be outstation for about 2 weeks and wouldn't make it.

now what was i suppose to do?

told her don't go, no need angpow. she insisted that i should go and give another extra angpow for her. of course, she would refund me the money when she returned. the question is when? and how am i going to see her since she is such a busy girl now??

in the end, i told her that i wouldn't be attending. it was meaningless as the host (my once in long full bloom then meet up sec classmate) din even had the courtesy to include her contact number. all i got was her son and daughter-in-law's mobiles. now who the hell they were, how should i know?

even if i were to be there, it won't make any difference except i would be probably $100 poorer. a check with other classmates revealed that most din receive the invitation summon. if i were to be there, it would be just another lala member insignificant of the presence.

i had decided. i won't be going and i told choo choo to mail her a cheque instead. simple, sweet and solve all her problem.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
rolex and guess

someone gave me a ROLEX a few years back. a few days back, someone gave me a GUESS watch.

however i m still wearing my digital watch.

a rolex tells time so does a $3.50 digital watch.

complexity made simple....OR simplicity made idiotic?

Dragon8899

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: rolex and guess

Why attend a wedding where you're not even noticed and be 100 dollars poorer, and this choo choo may not even bother to return you the angpow. In fact, it's not the right thing to tong-pang someone for the ang-pow, unless TT the ang-pow money over first and have a message to tell the couple through the messenger.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why attend a wedding where you're not even noticed and be 100 dollars poorer, and this choo choo may not even bother to return you the angpow. In fact, it's not the right thing to tong-pang someone for the ang-pow, unless TT the ang-pow money over first and have a message to tell the couple through the messenger.

precisely! unless we regularly meet up for drinks or other social activity, tong-pang already how to get refund?

anyway, i didn't attend cos it was quite meaningless. i was just another angpow in my pal's pocket. my presence is invisible. as for choo choo, had suggested her to mail the hostess a check to whatever amount she wanted to give as angpow.

we would only be meeting up one another next year when someone would call for a "old class gathering".

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

someone gave me a ROLEX a few years back. a few days back, someone gave me a GUESS watch.

however i m still wearing my digital watch.

a rolex tells time so does a $3.50 digital watch.

complexity made simple....OR simplicity made idiotic?

what a joke! somone actually PM me to ask for the ROLEX!! he gotta be kidding!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m here because i m here

leetahsar:

when someone asks : why are u here?

i would really go blank and blink-blink. what does he mean to ask "why am i here"?

my usual answer shall be: i m here because i m here...and i m here not because u are here.

:*::biggrin: