• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migration for Successful Singles/Couples

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If medical doctor on arrival can take a menial job, no one has an excuse. I once told the story of Singaporean who on arrival picked up a job at an assembly line for Arnott Biscuit factory during the night. That same day, one forummer identified him and the RSAF unit he came from. Its a small world.

I also told a story about a SATS director of HR and his interior decorator wife who used to write for a Women's magazine who wanted a stress free life. He found a job for himself and his wife in a pillow factory. The men stuff the pillows, the women sew it up. They did it until retirement. His hobby was travel and he had VW van, loved scuba diving and playing in a band. Talk about a decadent lifestyle.

You should start another thread for unsuccessful singles/couples who really wanted to emigrate. Right now, the 2 pages of conversation only covered if Sinkies are willing to take the hardship AFTER arriving or if they are willing to GIVE UP their current status quo and family commitment in Singapore. There is another group who are very willing to emigrate but have no tertiary education, no skills and no money. But they have all the guts, determination and willingness to toil if given the chance to get out. I hope there will be more advices for this group of people. Thanks Scooby Doo :biggrin:

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
12 years ago, I remember being very enthusiastic about helping Singaporeans to emigrate. However, I am now older and wiser and have come to the conclusion that it is better to leave them to slow cook in their own juices in that shit hole Island.

In the process of trying to help sinkies, I developed a new found respect for the Malaysian Chinese, Taiwanese and even the Mainlanders as well as those from the former Eastern bloc. Their "can do" attitude is infectious and it rubbed off on me.

I've already said what needs to be said about the spoon-feed sinkies over the years so I shall not dwell on the matter any further. The only immigrants who are worse than the sinkies are the muslim trash whose sole aim is to get onto the welfare gravy train at the earliest opportunity and have lots of children in order to maximise their return on investment.

I share the same experience and now I totally stop helping Singaporeans.....they are mainly ungratefully and unappreciative. They suspect why we are so helpful. When they settle down, they tend to distance away and worse ignore me. I don't want to waste my time with Singaporeans anymore.

The Hong Kong people and Taiwanese are much more appreciative.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry guys and I am sure I am out of the league about 1st world country and 1st world economy but I swear by my grandparents' grave that even a 3rd would country like Thailand holds so many opportunities for anyone who have simple skills like language, cooking, interior designing etc.

I cannot say I've migrated but at least I'm in the process of doing it as I had kicked myself out of the sinking hole 6 years ago and never a day wife & I regretted giving up everything (except our locked CPF) to come here. One must dare to do NOT just having wet dreams.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sorry guys and I am sure I am out of the league about 1st world country and 1st world economy but I swear by my grandparents' grave that even a 3rd would country like Thailand holds so many opportunities for anyone who have simple skills like language, cooking, interior designing etc.

The lines are blurring between these sorts of traditional boundaries. In many areas, NZ is far more backward than Thailand is. The only difference in my view is that NZ has a welfare system in place but this often makes things worse overall rather than better.

A middle class Thai would probably have a better quality of life than a middle class kiwi in my opinion. If you're a destitute, then NZ would have a better support system for you at the expense of the tax payer.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The lines are blurring between these sorts of traditional boundaries. In many areas, NZ is far more backward than Thailand is. The only difference in my view is that NZ has a welfare system in place but this often makes things worse overall rather than better.

A middle class Thai would probably have a better quality of life than a middle class kiwi in my opinion. If you're a destitute, then NZ would have a better support system for you at the expense of the tax payer.

My NZ partner in Hamilton always say almost all Kiwi's home has a boat, this really makes Kiwis different from others. The thought of having a boat to bring the family and mates out fishing is nice.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the PAP holding 72.9% of valid votes and all 87 seats in parliament, I doubt you'll find many genuinely unhappy sinkies yearning for greener pastures abroad.

Hello Cruxx, yesterday I chatted with a Cruxxx - one more "x" in the chatroom. Cruxxx have not done any posting yet. Is that you?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
My NZ partner in Hamilton always say almost all Kiwi's home has a boat, this really makes Kiwis different from others. The thought of having a boat to bring the family and mates out fishing is nice.

That is absolute rubbish. The number of kiwis who actually own boats is probably less than 5%. Use google street view and look around the streets of Hamilton/Auckland and you can see for yourself.

Of this 5%, most can't afford a real yacht. They have one of these... http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/dinghies-rowboats/aluminium/auction-457959566.htm

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should start another thread for unsuccessful singles/couples who really wanted to emigrate. There is another group who are very willing to emigrate but have no tertiary education, no skills and no money. But they have all the guts, determination and willingness to toil if given the chance to get out. I hope there will be more advices for this group of people. Thanks Scooby Doo :biggrin:

Bro KNNBLCB [Kaninabu lau cheebye] how are you related to KNNBCCB [the original KNNB series] and KNNBPCB?

I am in Oz. Speaking from Oz perspective, once you are able to make your way to Oz, and are prepared to work it out, there will always be jobs for you. Just drop by Centerlink, now part of Departmant of Human Services and you get a job opportunity coming up soon. New Oz migrants and having no job, you get assistance to tie you over, till you get a decently paid job.

Australia's minimum wage is $15.96 per hour or $606.40 per week. McDonalds [known as Maccas in Oz]and the likes alway looking for people. Imagine getting $2425.6 a month just by flipping burgers. For a couple, this is more than $4.8k a month.

There are heaps of casual jobs available all the time too.

The only question is how to get here for those category of folks who did not meet the required qualifying points.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That is absolute rubbish. The number of kiwis who actually own boats is probably less than 5%. Use google street view and look around the streets of Hamilton/Auckland and you can see for yourself.

Of this 5%, most can't afford a real yacht. They have one of these... http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/dinghies-rowboats/aluminium/auction-457959566.htm

Oh thanks for telling me I'd always thought kiwis are living in a boat utopia.

Knn will trash him tonight, he just came into Bangkok yesterday.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a dream last night:

1. Retire at 40 in a holiday destination
2. Multiple income stream

KNN, just woke up from this dream in my 3-room pigeon-hole.

Sianz, it's just a dream. Have to go hawker centre clear plates liaoz before I am being replaced by FTS for being late.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh??? I closed my CPF account and took out every single cent barely 3 years after I left sinkieland. I was not "prevented" from doing so by anyone. The process was a breeze.

It can be done the very day you get your new citizenship.

Boss Sam, thought you told me that you stay in a rented room in Toa Payoh? Are you in kiwiland or you squatting in a rented room in Toa Payoh?

I heard that the very unforgiving papaya regime makes it a point to ensure that you put back all the CPF monies you have taken out PLUS INTEREST should you decide to balek kumpng if you have not hit the withdrawal age yet. Is this true?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its called the entitlement theory. Check it out. Simply stated, if you give a person an item, CPF in this case, the person will feel that the item is of higher value then it should have been if he had brought it. Many Singaporean don't view CPF as a TAX they pay to the government but rather something they have been given while they work. The "festering" you see is the emotional side justification that they have to stay in Singapore in order to get their CPF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entitlement_theory

Pray tell me what sort of category this "Chanster" character falls under.

He's very attached to his CPF savings and he has the idea that if he's physically located in Singapore close to his CPF account, he's in some sort of better position to "take care" of his funds whereas if he emigrates, the distance between him and the CPF building will result in his funds "festering" and he's too far away to do anything about it.

I can understand him not wanting to leave his cat behind but the nurturing attitude he displays towards his CPF savings needs a bit of explaining to me as I'm absolutely unable to comprehend his logic.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Knn will trash him tonight, he just came into Bangkok yesterday.

Bro, you have to ask him in Kiwiland, how many bicycles are there WITHOUT bicycle seat :p

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went through the same around 5 years ago. Things don't changed so much. Was very surprised when it happened, as I thought everyone would be against it. Some even "secretly" hinted, if they don't have a family they would have done the same. Same old rehashed story. I do know of someone that actually got the PR, but since, have decided to stay. I've also come to the view that it doesn't matter if you stay or leave now as long as you are happy and comfortable where you are now. I only abhor the ones who keeps saying that they wanted to leave, how bad things are, yet refuse to do anything about it.

Most emigrants go through the same experience. I was asked exactly the same questions by numerous friends and colleagues. That was 20 years ago. ALL those whom I spent time and effort explaining the process to ARE STILL IN SINGAPORE! I guess I'm not a very good salesman.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporean don't view CPF as a TAX they pay to the government

Hello Ash007, yah man, many also didn't see COE as a TAX. What to do?

And many boast about the low tax regime in Sinkieland. How true can it be if you own a car!!

BTW, thanks for your recommendation at Albee's Kitchen @ Campsie. The serving damn big & shiok - really value for money. Food is matland style. Free drinks [water or chinese tea] too. No need to facebook and kpkb that $3 plain water in SG ha ha.

BTW, it is Ayam Goreng 99 in Kingsford. Not Ayam88.

Cheerz

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those planning on Canada as a destination, this link provides good enough overview of the process and the options for different types of emigres.

Don't bother so much with the site's sales pitch. I am also not pitching for the company. Click on the Forum therein to see the types of questions handled. Take the site as a general info bank.

Good luck!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah there is a whole row of them in Kingsford. Allbee is good, my dad came over last month. And he mentioned the portion they give and the price point is so much value for money versus what you pay and get in Singapore. Again, the same point of you get what you pay for here. Things may seem more expensive, but overall, there are other hidden cost back home that not many realised.

Hello Ash007, yah man, many also didn't see COE as a TAX. What to do?

And many boast about the low tax regime in Sinkieland. How true can it be if you own a car!!

BTW, thanks for your recommendation at Albee's Kitchen @ Campsie. The serving damn big & shiok - really value for money. Food is matland style. Free drinks [water or chinese tea] too. No need to facebook and kpkb that $3 plain water in SG ha ha.

BTW, it is Ayam Goreng 99 in Kingsford. Not Ayam88.

Cheerz

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

In the good old days, it was easy to bullshit about some foreign land. Nowadays, I can pretty much check the validity of any claim in less than 2 minutes.

"I live in a house with a great garden" said one of my friends in Canada. "Oh yeah?....give me your address.... let me check..." I replied. 3 minutes later, I could see what his house and the neighborhood looked like as if I was there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually almost anyone can migrate. Migration is driven by vocational categories - welders, chefs and nurses etc seem to be in demand. Simgapireans to tend to associate skills with high end jobs but they do not need to be.

You should start another thread for unsuccessful singles/couples who really wanted to emigrate. Right now, the 2 pages of conversation only covered if Sinkies are willing to take the hardship AFTER arriving or if they are willing to GIVE UP their current status quo and family commitment in Singapore. There is another group who are very willing to emigrate but have no tertiary education, no skills and no money. But they have all the guts, determination and willingness to toil if given the chance to get out. I hope there will be more advices for this group of people. Thanks Scooby Doo :biggrin: