• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB evicts man for being a bully

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has been having a running feud with his neighbour who lives a floor below him for more than a year.

It got so bad that not only has HDB given him an eviction notice from his rental flat, but his Member of Parliament has also called him a bully.

Without naming the man, MP for Marine Parade GRC Tan Chuan-Jin wrote on his Facebook page about a "recalcitrant and hostile" resident he had met during his Meet-the-People Session (MPS) on Monday.

He mentioned how the resident had been "bullying his downstairs neighbour repeatedly" until the "poor woman was distraught and at her wit's end".

Among his acts: Spitting, throwing water and oil, soiling her laundry and vandalising her letter box.

Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, who is Acting Manpower Minister and Senior Minister of State for the Ministry for National Development, told The New Paper on Wednesday night that he met the resident, Mr Tan Kiong Seng, at the MPS and was going to follow up with HDB on the eviction matter.

He said: "But I did not want to lay down the options for him right away because I wanted him to change his behaviour. He indicated to me that he was prepared to change and I thought I would see if we could give him one more chance and let him stay on."

But Mr Tan continued with his anti-social behaviour and went to the media to complain that he would be left on the streets if he was evicted.