• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOODMAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: car route from woodland ciq to bukit indah aeon

whilst you are in jb, consider to install a new 2din dvd player in your car for rm700 (include installation). It comes with papago x8.5 gps software and antenna installed with the latest malaysia/singapore (integrated) map which you can download free from the malfree website every month. It has 6.9-inch led touch screen, 4 x 50w speaker output, fm radio, bluetooth, microsd slot (stores over 3,000 mp3 songs in a 32gb card), reverse camera support, steering wheel control adjustment function support and usb link. Also comes with 6-month warranty. Just installed in my car and i find it worth every cent paid.

please let me know where is the place, need to change my dvd player already

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its amazing how u made a booking for a house wo knowing the Answers to ur Qns in the 1st place.
Salute!!! Ur sales person and ur Banker will be able advise u.
U might want to hire ur own solicitor.

Well it's not that I don't know all the answers.rather I'm seeking more and further clarification.you know what I had been told by the sales/bank are true and dependable.thx though

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah...

Rental is crap in JB..

Even so, I just bought 2 BR in Princess Cove..
Not looking at rental but for exit strategy from SG...

If when TOP, there is good rental...
It will be a bonus to me..

NICE....that's the word I'm waiting to here.even mine was not for investing but same as yours,it can be scary when you hear these negativity.
If can make rental or profit it's a bonus or not for weekend stay..no worries

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it's not that I don't know all the answers.rather I'm seeking more and further clarification.you know what I had been told by the sales/bank are true and dependable.thx though

Got many ppl buying there?
Prepare yr documents for bank loan then sign e snp if u like it.
Dun need to rush at tis pt of time..:o

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi everyone, been a while since i did some postings, been busy with work and going through a few ups and downs.
Health wise for my parent has taken a dip for the worse but i am hoping for the best and waiting for the results
of the test.

Kids have been sick and i have tried to cheer one of them up as much as i can, folks may not understand why recently
i am spending more time away from work on my family. Perhaps they never will but then again when things comes to
pass perhaps by then they will.

The past year has been very interesting business wise, some friends have done well, some have sold a few units and
gone back to SG while keeping just a couple of units. I have been very lucky business wise, not on financial but mainly
because of the friendship i have made and the offers for partnership.

I have refrained for the past 2 years from dealing with any subsale business out of respect for a friend, even the deals i
passed on to other companies, i didn't get a cent. Only time exception was before i entered into a partnership where a
lady agent passed me a referral fee which i promptly informed my neighbour and proceeded to refund through giving back
to his son (he refused to accept from me)

杀人放火金腰带,修桥补路无尸骸

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yesterday, was an interesting day for me, my dad met up with a racist gentleman who promptly cut my dads queue at
a petrol station and he challenged my old dad to a fight. He even made racist comments like all Chinese should perish
or get out of Malaysia as he detests them. Luckily my dad thought the better of it since it was their holiday after all so he
let it pass.

Then the good, one of the vehicles i was fixing to give to my kid broke down while testing. While i was pushing it, 2 Indian
gentlemen followed me and stopping right in front of me. One of them, a young man called me Uncle and started to help
push. The other, likely his dad told me likely it was a battery problem. Both of them helped to troubleshoot and i tried to
use my back up battery but turns out it was dead too. In the end, the young man nearly got hurt as he was pushing the
vehicle so hard and trying to start the vehicle.

The father decided to put a leg on the back of the vehicle and used his motorcycle to help to push, it finally started and i
managed to get it back home. The young man even held the vehicle steady for me to get on, i shook both their hands
and they cheerfully went on their way. Very shortly did i realise i should have given something to them, i waved and tried
to reach them to ask them to slow down but they were already speeding fast and away.

One time my wifes vehicle broke down in heavy rain upon reaching the guardhouse, a guard in HH even loaned us his phone and also helped to push the car for us. Luckily i have a battery jumper kit at home and managed to jump start the vehicle and made it back.

Very grateful for the acts of kindness i have encountered here.

杀人放火金腰带,修桥补路无尸骸

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
On property matters, right now the main bugbear of most developers are the banks readiness to lend.
They are choosy when it comes to projects to finance and are one of the contributors to the sales figures
as bookings are nothing without conversion. Its very different when they have a quota to fulfill.

Some folks may have asked this before but for the benefit of all, there is such a thing as an exemption which
allows developers to sell their high rise projects to foreigners below 1m and when they do sub sale next time,
they can also sell it to others still below 1m. Always worth to find out more and check out the competition in
the area that you are thinking to invest in and do your own math to see if it is really value for your money.

杀人放火金腰带,修桥补路无尸骸 if

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
On property matters, right now the main bugbear of most developers are the banks readiness to lend.
They are choosy when it comes to projects to finance and are one of the contributors to the sales figures
as bookings are nothing without conversion. Its very different when they have a quota to fulfill.

Some folks may have asked this before but for the benefit of all, there is such a thing as an exemption which
allows developers to sell their high rise projects to foreigners below 1m and when they do sub sale next time,
they can also sell it to others still below 1m. Always worth to find out more and check out the competition in
the area that you are thinking to invest in and do your own math to see if it is really value for your money.

杀人放火金腰带,修桥补路无尸骸 if

Hi bro

I'm pretty new here.I must say you have helped a lot of people here.to some extend you have saved them lots $$$ or from getting cheated.

I just got EPIC,paid booking fee and submitted papers for loan.can you tell me what kind of salary a SINGAPOREAN to have to get loan approved?i got 20% discount in total.I am told I will hv to pay Rm20 levy on top of that a levy registration fee of close rm2k.is it the norm ?Pls adv..thanking you in advance

hope things will get better for you and family

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Helped to push an old ah bang driver taxi, w his wife in e middle of e rd. they quite kor lian tai.:o

Best to jumpstart is, engaged 2nd gear, find a down slope, start e engine when e car pick up e momentum.

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brother Wuqi, welcome back. I am new in this forum and after reading some postings, I found that you were very helpful. I am sorry to hear about your parent's health and your Dad's encounter with the "unreasonable" guy. I think he did the right thing by not confronting the issue. Hope that your kids are alright now. The other day I met a person from another race at a petrol kiosk. He gave me good advice not to wear a sling bag and not to leave my car key in the car. He said bad guys can snatch the sling bag and also drive away my car. That was scary isn't it.

Developers from China are making it big in Zone A of Iskandar and I can see many young people making enquiries with the sales person. The sales pitch has been one that foreigners can buy the property which is below RM1 million. I tend to believe the sales person but I cannot reconcile it with the announcement that the threshold for foreigners has been increased to RM1 million. If you can, please share what you know.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro

I'm pretty new here.I must say you have helped a lot of people here.to some extend you have saved them lots $$$ or from getting cheated.

I just got EPIC,paid booking fee and submitted papers for loan.can you tell me what kind of salary a SINGAPOREAN to have to get loan approved?i got 20% discount in total.I am told I will hv to pay Rm20 levy on top of that a levy registration fee of close rm2k.is it the norm ?Pls adv..thanking you in advance

hope things will get better for you and family

I hope i did some little good here. Congratulations, normally you should be having at least minimum combined salary of higher than 10,000 RM equivalent in SGD. Some banks are hungrier than others at this time of year. Yes that is the normal levy price so it looks legit. Best wishes

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Very good Potter, its always good to help folks out when possible. There was an old lady who was walking down the hill in drizzling rain, refused my offer to help even though her back was so bent and yet she was taking a heavy load. She told me, its only a short walk down.

I have been reminded though many times by my missus to stick to my principles and not to compromise when helping others. It was really tough and lots of painful decisions but looking back, glad i did what i had to do.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Sagitarius, yes he did the right thing. Yes, please do not put any bags into your passenger seat whenever driving, etc. Actually do not put anything there at all. Never leave your car unattended and always lock even if you are just going to pay for the petrol/top up TNG card etc.

Yes, there is actually a letter by which developer can show you which gives them exemption on this, another way is for properties in Medini which is exempted.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My quick answers:

I'm told to submit the necessary papers for SnP. ..and then?

They will invite you to the lawyers to sign the S&P documents to formally begin the sales.

The girl has said about having to pay interest by stages.till completionwhat does that mean and how much.?

This is under progressive payment whereby you pay the interest (now no DIBS) until the completion. There will be an official schedule, the amount to pay for this of course depends on whether or not how close the development is to completion.

I'm abit lost hate to be cheated or am I worried for nothing.
First few properties in a foreign land is always like that.
Up until the end, a few of my friends were still jittery but now have no problems going solo

Plus what are the bank in jb requirements for the loan to be approved.
Bank requirements varies, some banks like Mxx Bank or Pxxxx Bank do not give high loan quantum as a rule nor is it easy to get one in the first place. Some banks will require MRTA or MLTA as a condition to getting the loan. Its always about their quota and their confidence in the developer that they are looking to finance. Banks like Oxxx tend to be easier but recently either this bank will lose our loan documents resulting in penalties from the developer or their entire CAM/Cheque Deposit machine network is down for several branches.

Had to scramble for days and finally went to their branch in Molek. Scraped a bumper badly due to some of the road conditions but a promise is a promise still.

Hi Wuqi

Me new here.dont even know how to post thus private msg.repost for the masses if you could be so kind,

I read all your post,well at least most.very informative and helpful indeed.

I hv important Qs

I just paid booking fee to epic for abt Rm 869k for C 1type.what will the follow up be?

The girl has said about having to pay interest by stages.till completionwhat does that mean and how much.?

Appreciate yr help in answering the important Qs above

Thank you

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope i did some little good here. Congratulations, normally you should be having at least minimum combined salary of higher than 10,000 RM equivalent in SGD. Some banks are hungrier than others at this time of year. Yes that is the normal levy price so it looks legit. Best wishes

Many thanks for your answers/reply.

Oh...yes ,you have done good my friend!Where else can we get valuable informations.

All the best to you..

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi,Can't PM you as your box is full..
Urgently need your advise on some issue..
If you can watsapp me at +659662309
Thanks.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
My quick answers:

They will invite you to the lawyers to sign the S&P documents to formally begin the sales.

This is under progressive payment whereby you pay the interest (now no DIBS) until the completion. There will be an official schedule, the amount to pay for this of course depends on whether or not how close the development is to completion.

First few properties in a foreign land is always like that.
Up until the end, a few of my friends were still jittery but now have no problems going solo

Bank requirements varies, some banks like Mxx Bank or Pxxxx Bank do not give high loan quantum as a rule nor is it easy to get one in the first place. Some banks will require MRTA or MLTA as a condition to getting the loan. Its always about their quota and their confidence in the developer that they are looking to finance. Banks like Oxxx tend to be easier but recently either this bank will lose our loan documents resulting in penalties from the developer or their entire CAM/Cheque Deposit machine network is down for several branches.

Had to scramble for days and finally went to their branch in Molek. Scraped a bumper badly due to some of the road conditions but a promise is a promise still.

Hi it's me again..forgive for having too many Qs .

I hv recvd letter of offer by developer to sign SPA and pay 10%.

What I understood was I was given 20% and 10% was part of it.Do I really have to pay for it without having my loan approved yet.

Pls advise...Thank you

And Bro Wuqi...My many thanks again for your kind help as always

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi it's me again..forgive for having too many Qs .

I hv recvd letter of offer by developer to sign SPA and pay 10%.

What I understood was I was given 20% and 10% was part of it.Do I really have to pay for it without having my loan approved yet.

Pls advise...Thank you

And Bro Wuqi...My many thanks again for your kind help as always

Yo, with this current market condition it would be suicidal to buy lah!

Johore Iskandar property market is in trouble:

CRACKS are starting to show in Iskandar Malaysia’s once-booming property market.

UEM Sunrise Bhd, considered a bellwether to Iskandar, this week slashed its sales target for 2014 to RM2bil from RM3.2bil, citing weakness in the market for homes in the economic corridor south of Johor.

This comes as a whopping 100,000 units of high-rise apartments – many of them from the China developers, and many of them on the waterfront – are set to flood the market, data from real estate consultants shows.

And things could get worse before they get better.

A report in the Financial Times on Wednesday said that China Vanke Co, the country’s biggest developer, is offering up to US$325,000 (RM1.02m) in discounts via e-commerce site Taobao to entice homebuyers amid slackening demand.

Sluggish sales and an oversupply in the second and third-tier Chinese cities are driving prices lower, Bloomberg reported.

Here, the talk among property circles is that Country Garden Holdings Co, which last year rolled out a record 9,000 high-rise units on the coastline enclave of Danga Bay, could follow suit.

It is believed that about half of the condominiums in Country Garden Danga Bay remain unsold, and the Guangdong-based property giant is now looking increasingly desperate to unload its stock by either hiking discounts of dropping prices, although the exact quantum is unknown.

Company officials did not respond to text messages from StarBizWeek seeking comment.

The Danga Bay project was launched with much fanfare last year at an average of RM900 per sq ft.

Most of the real estate firms in Johor Bahru have been roped in to sell homes for Country Garden Danga Bay, and it is dangling commissions of up to 8% versus the typical 2% to 3% as an added incentive, brokers tell StarBizWeek.

In fact, says an agent, three people were spotted carrying sandwich boards near a bank in Johor Bahru last month advertising units in Country Garden Danga Bay. It is not clear who they were representing, but property executives speculate they could be acting for Country Garden’s foreign buyers.

Channel checks with agents reveal that the Phase 2 units are going for the same price for all floors, a departure from the usual practice of pricing the topmost levels at a premium.

Buyers can opt for the promotion price, which in some instances adds up to a 40% discount, provided they pay for the property in cash over several transactions. Doing so will shave RM300,000 off the price of a single-room unit measuring between 400 to 500 sq ft, which would normally cost RM800,000.

Country Garden hasn’t raised its maximum discount beyond 21% since launch day, say agents familiar with the matter, but it may not be long before the company has to dump prices.

Right next door, China’s state-owned Greenland Group will soon launch 2,478 units of apartments and townhouses, according to PA International Property Consultants Sdn Bhd executive director V. Sivadas.

R&F’s Princess Cove project will introduce about 3,000 units of apartments in the first phase, and another 30,000-plus units thereafter.

“There are also a few other projects in the Danga Bay area being prepared for similar types of developments,” he tells StarBizWeek via e-mail.

The problem here is clearly one of mismatch between demand and supply, Sivadas points out.

Demand remains strong for affordable homes costing below RM400,000, yet much of the new supply is heavily skewed towards high-rises.

“Our records indicate that slightly more than 100 high-rise projects scattered throughout Johor Bahru and Iskandar Malaysia, comprising a little over 100,000 units, are expected to come onstream in the next few years.

“One third of that is within the R&F site, and another 10% within known projects at Danga Bay, where Country Garden and Greenland are based.

“We expect more high-rise projects to be planned within waterfront areas in the Danga Bay region, such as Stulang Laut, Bayu Puteri and Puteri Harbour. The proposed Forest City at the Second Link in Nusajaya is another huge project on the horizon,” he quips.

All that has led to a visible slowdown over the past 10 months.

“Many investors, particularly foreigners (the main target for high-rise projects in the waterfront areas), appear to be adopting a wait-and-see attitude.

“We have not helped ourselves by changing policies and the price threshold limits. We, however, do not expect to see a crash in the market unless there is a catastrophic failure at the national, regional and global levels,” Sivadas notes.

“In property development, success is predominantly driven by demand, not supply. There is an urgent need to boost demand and facilitate ease of purchase by locals as well as foreigners.

“We require more employment generators in Iskandar Malaysia and facilitated migration and immigration to ease or solve acute labour shortages across many sectors. Also, a balance must be sought to ensure controls on speculative activity, which was prevalent for the past few years up to end-2013.

“In the meantime, the question almost everyone is asking is, who will occupy the vast numbers of high-rise, high-priced waterfront units which were mainly purchased for investment?” he asks.

“We are not sure at the moment.”

But there are bright spots, says Landserve (Johor) Sdn Bhd executive director Wee Soon Chit.

“I believe that value-for-money products will still see demand. For example, Botanika@Bayu Puteri (by Tebrau Teguh Bhd) is doing well because their prices range from RM430 to RM500 per sq ft.

“We expect the industrial sector to grow further due to demand from Singapore industrialists, especially the Jurong area. The Singapore government recently announced that the Jurong area will be re-zoned, and the victims will be industrial companies who have no choice but to relocate,” Wee reasons.

A number of recent Iskandar launches, like Sunway Bhd’s Citrine office suites and Eastern & Oriental Bhd’s Avira Terraces, were snapped up.

Even so, sentiment could get worse in 2015-2016, when a large number of the high-rises sold during 2012 and 2013 are handed over, according to Maybank IB Research analyst Wong Wei Sum. The problem is especially acute in hotspots such as Nusajaya, Medini and Danga Bay.

“We welcome foreign direct investment into Johor, but not at the expense of the local players,” laments one industry executive.

“It was going so well until a couple of years ago. Now they seem to have killed the goose that laid the golden egg.”

While the Chinese may be accustomed to building thousands upon thousands of apartments, the Malaysian market simply can’t take that kind of volume, the executive says.

“I hope the market will cool just enough to make them realise that. The state government also needs to take a good, hard look at the situation.”

Status
Not open for further replies.