• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I can confirm that there was a robbery in HH two days back, early morning on Ambang 1. The police are still investigating
this but the response was quick and a heavy police presence came in during the early hours.

Looks like it was a pretty interesting robbery as all valuables were returned and only the cash were taken. No one was hurt luckily.
Just went to the township yesterday on behest of friends and neighbours and saw quite a few concerned residents there.

Gave feedback and expressed our willingness to pay more for maintenance as long as security is tightened up further but
from the management feedback, looks like there were some who would want to weasel out out of the smallest sum.

Even asking to split the maintenance bills and itemized it. Some will try not to pay for any small reason but we were told
this is pretty common even in other developments.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can confirm that tere was a robbery in HH two days back, early morning on Ambang 1. The police are still investigating
this but the response was quick and a heavy police presence came in during the early hours.

Looks like it was a pretty interesting robbery as all valuables were returned and only the cash were taken.
No one was hurt. It seems that the owner was also robbed in the same manner prior to moving into this taman.

Just went to the township yesterday on behest of friends and neighbours and saw quite a few concerned residents there.

Gave feedback and expressed our willingness to pay more for maintenance as long as security is tightened up further but
from the management feedback, looks like there were some who would want to weasel out out of the smallest sum.

Even asking to split the maintenance bills and itemized it. Some will try not to pay for any small reason but we were told

Hi Bro Wuqi, I believe the developer can pressure the police to station a few real policemen at the guardhouses. This will hopefully act as a detergent. Of course, may need to pay more for these policemen. I have seen these policemen in other tamans' guardhouses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi, I believe the developer can pressure the police to station a few real policemen at the guardhouses. This will hopefully act as a detergent. Of course, may need to pay more for these policemen. I have seen these policemen in other tamans' guardhouses.

Yes agree, they need to take more action and i have given some suggestions as well. I have always been bringing coffee and tea on and off to the guard houses but looks like what happened was a planned and organised job. There was no evidence of any intrusion on the perimeter fencing.

Darfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can confirm that there was a robbery in HH two days back, early morning on Ambang 1. The police are still investigating this but the response was quick and a heavy police presence came in during the early hours. Looks like it was a pretty interesting robbery as all valuables were returned and only the cash were taken. No one was hurt luckily. Just went to the township yesterday on behest of friends and neighbours and saw quite a few concerned residents there. Gave feedback and expressed our willingness to pay more for maintenance as long as security is tightened up further but from the management feedback, looks like there were some who would want to weasel out out of the smallest sum. Even asking to split the maintenance bills and itemized it. Some will try not to pay for any small reason but we were told this is pretty common even in other developments.

It is a good thing it happen. It keeps every stakeholder in HH in toes and not be complacent about security. Risks assessment and security should be review periodically .

Hopefully, there should be more investment in security .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agree, they need to take more action and i have given some suggestions as well. I have always been bringing coffee and tea on and off to the guard houses but looks like what happened was a planned and organised job. There was no evidence of any intrusion on the perimeter fencing.

Just rent a house inside for few months, monitor e neighbours then steal at night from e richer ones when most people are away.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,

I understand HH has already beefed up security even before the robbery. Why has this happened? Its really a shame as I always hold Horizon Hills security as an example of "safe" taman for my Spore friends. The reason why I bought into Horizon Hills aggressively is due to its nature and security. Any updates on whether its internal robber?

I can confirm that there was a robbery in HH two days back, early morning on Ambang 1. The police are still investigating

Looks like it was a pretty interesting robbery as all valuables were returned and only the cash were taken. No one was hurt luckily.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore also got people bashed to death, unless such incidence is a frequent affair, you are just skewing the perception by extending beyond jb or even Johore, rioting also an issue now in Singapore, latest in cck area, after the little India incident.

Don't anyhow accuse me, I also can say you are skewing perception by not making noise when it is about KL property or anything good about Msia but come to crime or any bad thing about Msia, must be JB and JB only.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros n Sis

If u wanna pay ur property (land) tax (one which is not billed to us) u can do so at Persada fr 16-21 Apr as they have set up a counter there in conjunction with Minggu Sains Teknologi & ICT Johor 2014.

Save you the hassle of going to their office.

Got gifts also.

Btw fyi due date to pay the tax is 1 June yearly.

Will go there this weekend.

(Only grouse is why no bill given so that can remind us...weird).

Anyone knows how much on average we need to pay?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros n Sis

If u wanna pay ur property (land) tax (one which is not billed to us) u can do so at Persada fr 16-21 Apr as they have set up a counter there in conjunction with Minggu Sains Teknologi & ICT Johor 2014.

Save you the hassle of going to their office.

Got gifts also.

Btw fyi due date to pay the tax is 1 June yearly.

Will go there this weekend.

(Only grouse is why no bill given so that can remind us...weird).

Anyone knows how much on average we need to pay?
Standard 20 x 70 land plot around RM36 a year.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updates on Good Friday. Jam from 430am at Woodlands entering JB. 20 minute jam "only"

In Tuas at 530am, jams all the way to the underpass. From 7am should be jam all the way to about 3-5km behind roundabout

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,

I understand HH has already beefed up security even before the robbery. Why has this happened? Its really a shame as I always hold Horizon Hills security as an example of "safe" taman for my Spore friends. The reason why I bought into Horizon Hills aggressively is due to its nature and security. Any updates on whether its internal robber?

There has been recent suspecting cars driving super slow in both cheap and well to do models.
Riders there are contract grass cutters are also doing the same. Especially for houses facing the golf.

I notice a couple of times riders / grass cutters riding super slow scanning our lane. I wasn't too attentive.

Cars as well.

Should I keep record and approach the security guard for suspecting behavior?

Also should I inform maintenance when I see security guard sleeping?

ok, my wife suggested can we go down in a group and haunt the maintenance?

When when when?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam is too horrible. I checked online around 8am plus and realised that woodlands jam stretches for at least 6-10km. No kidding. Along BKE, only Diary Farm camera did not capture the massive jam. The rest of the cameras show massive jams. I wonder how long will they take to clear and is it so important to go JB or Malaysia at this time? Why cant they leave Singapore at 4am and face the 30minute jam instead of the 3 hour jam?
SG govt tactic to ensure some jam has worked on u n mi :p

Status
Not open for further replies.