• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why as a Buddhist, I want to marry with my love one. More baby in Buddhist Family.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Monk or Nun life is not a way of my life.
2) I love my family
3) I love my jobs
4) I love my At Home Buddhist Community life
5) I love my family business
6) I love happy married life
7) I take my refuge in Buddha and wish that sentient beings may understand the Great Way where-by the Buddha seed may forever thrive.
8) I take my refuge in Dharma and wish that sentient beings may enter deeply into the sutra treasure and attain wisdom as vast as the ocean
9) I take my refuge in Sangha and wish that sentient beings may reign in Great Multitudes without any obstruction whatsoever and to respect the sacred Sangha
10) I will purified from the three poison which to be the cause of suffering.
11) I will practice the walking meditation 20 minutes and follow by the sitting meditation 10 minutes
12) I will refrain from killing until the end of my life.
13) I will refrain from stealing until the end of my life.
14) I will refrain from sexual misconduct until the end of my life.
15) I will refrain from false speech until the end of my life.
16) I will refrain from alcohol until the end of my life.
17) I will contribute my time as a Dharma Protector in Buddhist Lodge.
18) I will always to be mindfulness, awareness and chant Buddha name every where I go until the end of my life.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why as a Buddhist, I want to marry with my love one. More baby in Buddhist Family

You are a good lay follower of the Buddha.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why as a Buddhist, I want to marry with my love one. More baby in Buddhist Family

The problem of Woodland Resident, we do not had Buddhist Lodge. How can I contribute my time to Buddhist Lodge that not exiting there?

My HDB house unit is too small. Christian, Hindu, Taoist, Muslim and Bangali stay too close. I can not do walking and sitting meditation. We need a 24 hours Buddhist lodge in Woodland.

How to make Buddhist get married and give more kids? There is no Buddhist Lodge to gather the Buddhist Community.

This facility only for Christian, Roman Catholic and Muslim religion by law.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you behave like animal, you will born as animal. If you teach wrongly about Nirvana, you are creating a new religion. If you behave like demon, you will born as demon. We call it or so call suffering.

We must always be mindfulness on our behavior. We shall purified our mindset from suffering. We shall always meditation to met the fully enlightenment. Pray Lord Buddha name until you die.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buddhist Lodge is place for parent to match making for their children. Buddhist Lodge is place to teach our children Right View, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration. Leaning basic Buddhism on 5 precepts and purified from 3 poison. As place for walking meditation. As place for sitting meditation. As place for Non Monk and Non Nun to learn At Home Buddhism. Free Education tuition. Skill training. Buddhist community gathering, Funeral service. Married service. Birthday party. Free medical centre. Day care for young children and old parent. Sunday and Festival service and so on.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buddhist main duty is to save from suffering. Earth, Heaven and Hell are suffering place. A places had good and bad, Kind and evil and so on. Nirvana can end the suffering. Thank you.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buddhist Meditation: On virtually every stupa (Buddhist shrine) in Nepal, there are giant pairs of eyes staring out from the four sides of the main tower. These are Buddha Eyes (also known as Wisdom Eyes), and they look out in the four directions to symbolize the omniscience (all-seeing) of a Buddha. The Buddha eyes are so prevalent throughout the country that they have become a symbol of Nepal itself. The mysterious eyes, painted on all four sides of the stupa’s spire, represent the eyes of the Buddha and face the four cardinal directions–east, west, north, and south. Between each pair of eyes, where the nose would be, is what looks like a question mark. This is actually the Nepali character for the number 1, which symbolizes unity and the “one” way to reach enlightenment–through the Buddha’s teachings. Above this is the third eye, symbolizing the all-seeing wisdom of the Buddha.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Swayambhunath is an ancient religious complex atop a hill in the Kathmandu Valley, west of Kathmandu city. It is also known as the Monkey Temple as there are holy monkeys living in the north-west parts of the temple. The Tibetan name for the site means 'Sublime Trees' (Wylie:Phags.pa Shing.kun), for the many varieties of trees found on the hill. However, Shing.kun may be a corruption of the local Newari name for the complex, Singgu, meaning 'self-sprung'. For the Buddhist Newars in whose mythological history and origin myth as well as day-to-day religious practice, Swayambhunath occupies a central position, it is probably the most sacred among Buddhist pilgrimage sites. For Tibetans and followers of Tibetan Buddhism, it is second only to Boudhanath.
The Swayambhunath complex consists of a stupa, a variety of shrines and temples, some dating back to the Licchavi period. A Tibetan monastery, museum and library are more recent additions. The stupa has Buddha's eyes and eyebrows painted on. Between them, there is something painted which looks like the nose - but is the Nepali symbol of 'unity', in the main Nepali language dialect[citation needed]. There are also shops, restaurants and hostels. The site has two access points: a long stairway, claimed to have 365 steps, leading directly to the main platform of the temple, which is from the top of the hill to the east; and a car road around the hill from the south leading to the southwest entrance. The first sight on reaching the top of the stairway is the Vajra. Tsultrim Allione describes the experience:
We were breathless and sweating as we stumbled up the last steep steps and practically fell upon the biggest vajra (thunder-bolt scepter) that I have ever seen. Behind this vajra was the vast, round, white dome of the stupa, like a full solid skirt, at the top of which were two giant Buddha eyes wisely looking out over the peaceful valley which was just beginning to come alive.
Much of Swayambhunath's iconography comes from the Vajrayana tradition of Newar Buddhism. However, the complex is also an important site for Buddhists of many schools, and is also revered by Hindus.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mara, in Buddhism, is the demon that tempted Gautama Buddha by trying to seduce him with the vision of beautiful women who, in various legends, are often said to be Mara's daughters. In Buddhist cosmology, Mara personifies unwholesome impulses, unskillfulness, the "death" of the spiritual life. He is a tempter, distracting humans from practicing the spiritual life by making the mundane alluring or the negative seem positive.

The early Buddhists, however, rather than seeing Mara as a demonic, virtually all-powerful Lord of Evil, regarded him as more of a nuisance. Many episodes concerning his interactions with the Buddha have a decidedly humorous air to them.

In traditional Buddhism four senses of the word "mara" are given.
Klesa-mara, or Mara as the embodiment of all unskillful emotions.
Mrtyu-mara, or Mara as death, in the sense of the ceaseless round of birth and death.
Skandha-mara, or Mara as metaphor for the entirety of conditioned existence.
Devaputra-mara, or Mara the son of a deva (god), that is, Mara as an objectively existent being rather than as a metaphor.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

In English translations of Buddhist literature, householder denotes a variety of terms. Most broadly, it refers to any layperson, and most narrowly, to a wealthy and prestigious familial patriarch.[1] In contemporary Buddhist communities, householder is often used synonymously with laity, or non-monastics.

The Buddhist notion of householder is often contrasted with that of wandering ascetics (Pāḷi: samaṇa; Sanskrit:śramaṇa) and monastics (bhikkhu and bhikkhuni), who would not live (for extended periods) in a normal house and who would pursue freedom from attachments to houses and families.

Lay disciples (upasaka and upasika) are householders and other laypersons who take refuge in the Triple Gem (the Buddha, his teaching and his community) and practice the Five Precepts.
In southeast Asian communities, lay disciples also give alms to monks on their daily rounds and observe weekly uposatha days. In Buddhist thought, the cultivation of dana and ethical conduct will themselves refine consciousness to such a level that rebirth in one of the lower heavens is likely, even if there is no further Buddhist practice. This level of attainment is viewed as a proper aim for laity.
In some traditional Buddhist societies, such as in Myanmar and Thailand, people transition between householder and monk and back to householder with regularity and celebration.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mara, in Buddhism, is the demon that tempted Gautama Buddha by trying to seduce him with the vision of beautiful women who, in various legends, are often said to be Mara's daughters. In Buddhist cosmology, Mara personifies unwholesome impulses, unskillfulness, the "death" of the spiritual life. He is a tempter, distracting humans from practicing the spiritual life by making the mundane alluring or the negative seem positive.

Marayana :wink:

slotmania

Alfrescian
Loyal

sadhu x 3, wishing you wellness and happiness. :smile:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why you prefer to be monk and nun. You want to be Full time to protect Dharma. Lay person is a part time Dharma protector.

Monk and Nun isolate in temple to purify from greedy, hate and delusion. This look more professional. Meditate from enlightenment, full enlightenment, no longer suffering and Nirvana.

Lay person will work together with non Buddhist and Buddhist to purify from greedy, hate and delusion. It is very hard for them to purify. Family and Buddhist community had put more responsible to serve them. They need your financial support and so on. Meditate from enlightenment, full enlightenment, no longer suffering and Nirvana.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Enlightenment-Wisdom eye, Fully Enlightenment-Dharma eye, No Longer Suffering-Real Eye of Buddha.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Normal we are physical eye and religion person heaven eye,

Buddhist had Enlightenment-Wisdom eye, Fully Enlightenment-Dharma eye, No Longer Suffering-Real Eye of Buddha.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Family Demon of Mara Al Hadist

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Normal Human being had Physical Eye. Normal religion holy person had heaven eye. Buddhist who able meditate on third and wisdom eye = Enlightenment. Buddhist who able to purify and meditate on the Dharma eye = fully enlightenment. Buddhist who able to purify and meditate on the Buddha eye = No suffering.