• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christian Pastors learning Qigong from Geylang Master

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
13f2a4b88888403962e03ed8be419b88.jpg

A few years ago, I had attended a qigong demo by a renounced qigong master called Sim Poh Huat at Geylang. He is the 10th dan grandmaster of World Nam Wah Pai. Master Sim told the audience even church pastors are coming to learn Qigong from him.

Qigong is an ancient taoism practice to nurture spirtual and physical well-being centered on doctrines and principles like ying & yang which are taboos to firm christian believers, like yoga. At that time, I don't really understand the intention of pastors are picking up Qigong. Most christian pastors would demonize practices that are linked to other religions. For pure health reason...don't think so??

After the outburst of City Harvest Church's saga which I follow closely, I begin to see the picture. I strongly believe the pastors are learning Qigong to enable them to perform miracle healing to impress their believers.

My deduction could be incorrect, could anyone shade more light?

url

GrandMaster Sim Poh Huat,
principal and chief instructor World Nam Wah Pai
Address: Number 9, Lorong 29, 05-01/02, Geylang (near Aljunied MRT) Singapore

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the outburst of City Harvest Church's saga which I follow closely, I begin to see the picture. I strongly believe the pastors are learning Qigong to enable them to perform miracle healing to impress their believers.

Your deduction is indeed very incorrect. What's wrong with pastors learning Qiqong? At 1 time, I was also learning qiqong from Nam Wah Pai. If you think qiqong is some kind of magic healing then you're mistaken. I know many qiqong masters make a lot of claims about its healing prowess but I can safely say it's mostly bullshit. So, the question here is why learn qiqong? It's more for good health. Qiqong helps in blood circulation and can improve one's health as a result. As part of the training, I was able to break bricks and sticks then but then again so can karate exponents. Whilst the flow of Qi is great for one's health, it's not magical. To say pastors learn qiqong to heal and impress is really far fetched. My apologies if I offended qiqong practitioners who might disagree with me.:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Toronto:

Any religious person who denies others to follow other faiths are insecure in their own faith.

A learned person is open to others' view and gives respect for them, no matter how stupid they may sound.

Qiqong, like taichi, karate, etc. is seen by westerners as oriental form of fitness training, or if one prefers, "art".

I know of a Christian (an Anglican) who sees buddhist meditation as some form of devil-worshipping, but when I brought up the subject of Anglican monks spending time meditating, she says theirs is "deep prayer." What more can I say?

Cheers!

13f2a4b88888403962e03ed8be419b88.jpg

A few years ago, I had attended a qigong demo by a renounced qigong master called Sim Poh Huat at Geylang. He is the 10th dan grandmaster of World Nam Wah Pai. Master Sim told the audience even church pastors are coming to learn Qigong from him.

Qigong is an ancient taoism practice to nurture spirtual and physical well-being centered on doctrines and principles like ying & yang which are taboos to firm christian believers, like yoga. At that time, I don't really understand the intention of pastors are picking up Qigong. Most christian pastors would demonize practices that are linked to other religions. For pure health reason...don't think so??

url

GrandMaster Sim Poh Huat,
principal and chief instructor World Nam Wah Pai
Address: Number 9, Lorong 29, 05-01/02, Geylang (near Aljunied MRT) Singapore

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your deduction is indeed very incorrect. What's wrong with pastors learning Qiqong? At 1 time, I was also learning qiqong from Nam Wah Pai. If you think qiqong is some kind of magic healing then you're mistaken. I know many qiqong masters make a lot of claims about its healing prowess but I can safely say it's mostly bullshit. So, the question here is why learn qiqong? It's more for good health. Qiqong helps in blood circulation and can improve one's health as a result. As part of the training, I was able to break bricks and sticks then but then again so can karate exponents. Whilst the flow of Qi is great for one's health, it's not magical. To say pastors learn qiqong to heal and impress is really far fetched. My apologies if I offended qiqong practitioners who might disagree with me.:wink:

hmm...i thought its god's will that the blood is not flowing and circulating?? Just believe will do..no need qigong or jigong...

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
those pestor should come to me and ask me to teach them magic :wink:

gosh i wonder what happen to Rev Psalm? hes gone quiet lately...seems like he has quit his weekly updating job...but Sir Kinana is still around...

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gosh i wonder what happen to Rev Psalm? hes gone quiet lately...seems like he has quit his weekly updating job...but Sir Kinana is still around...

bro wrcboi , kinana also stop posting in religious folder liao , now left only one gong kia Conqueror :wink: im waiting for other religion nuts to post nonsense in religious folder :wink: if not i also sianz :wink:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kulgai, I am sure non-christian like myself has not never said it is wrong for pastors to practise Qigong. In actual fact, pastors are the ones that preach against Qigong to their mass, very sad some to the extend of demonizing. I want to surface the hypocrisy and non-divine acts of some pastors. How are you so sure they are learning the art of Qigong from a taoist master for merely health purpose? Are you at the lessons with them?

I know some churches and cell groups perform healing and group prayer. In group prayer, church members will stand in a circle with their palms place near the head of the person being prayed for, imagine 'hail hitler'. A practitioner of Qigong can generate heat wave from his palm. This no gimmick or bullshit, I have experienced it personally from a Qigong master. This phenomenon can be used to impress and convince the presence of God. If would be more impressive if the target can be induced to vibrate using Qigong.

Master Sim is so highly skilled in push hands tui shou that he is able to use his Qi to expel a few bigger size opponents without body contact. No bullshit, see this video for yourself:
[video=youtube;MTSEkVwKNKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSEkVwKNKE[/video]

Read this thread from sgforum about a young christian interested to learn qigong but is very afraid to consult his pastor: http://sgforums.com/forums/1381/topics/400606

Below is another extract from tremeritus: http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/06/26/pastor-kong-hees-supporters-call-for-god-to-protect-him/

Christian Good Bowing Bad:
Religion is a very very very sentitive subject. Thus, I hope those who reads this will have an open mind. Anyone has the right to follow a religion or decide not to do so. In the big scheme of things, its NOT the religion itself but the the religious leader/s, ie, the Priest Monk,Ustad,Pastor, etc who is the one who is responsible to lead the flock in the right direction. It is also within their own conscience to do the right thing when everyone is not looking.

Ten years ago,my son and four of his friends took up martial arts. After training for two years, he and his friends decided to quit because the church Pastor told them that they were engaging in a “form of violence” and that their gestures such as bowing, and the martial art itself is connected to Buddhism/Taoism/Shintoism and is considered as paganistic practices.

Having learnt and practicing the same martial art for almost forty years, I disagreed with the Pastor’s suggestions and decided to invite him to the martial art school to have a friendly and open discussion regarding his ideas and suggestions. Of course, he did not take up the offer. It is to my opinion that such a Pastor is not fit to lead others for simply propargating such nonsensical theories to young minds. To add matters worst, I learnt that my son and his friends are giving their pocket monies for two years to the christian church after their church services in a form of tithe. For God’s sake, They were all only secondary four level students.

Taking tithe from a person who is not employed, especially school children is to me considered daylight robbery. I later learnt that the Pastor extended his opinions about martial arts being violent and paganistic practice in his web. I did not read the church’s web nor pursue the matter to the authorities as shortly after, my son changed his mind and continued with the martial arts training with the condition that he pays for his own lessons and stop giving tithe to the church.

My son has since became a champion representing and competing at National and S.E Asia levels. My point is, UNFIT religious leaders, are the ones responsible for short changing their flocks and people should not be led blindly for the sake of religion. I AM a Catholic and together through martial arts, and other religious teachings, it has taught me to be a better person with conscience,humility,charity,tolerance,etc.

There is NO Only One Way to be a better person. It is a damn shame if one uses religion and God’s name in vain to pursue ones personal agenda for materialistic gains and fame. Still others uses religion to justify murders and call it religious cleansing. Religions are suppose to make each person a better person and bring people together. Giving blind loyalty to a religious leader without thinking deeply and sensibly is not a sensible thing to do. Watch out for religious leaders who are fakes.

May God Bless all of us, who ever we are and where ever we are. Namaste.

It is very sad to see the systematic culture destruction and annihilation by people that are very part of the culture.

kulgai and similar beings, you should do a DNA test to prove that you are not part of the hebraic or anglo-saxon culture....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
qi is real ? whahahahahha..checkout this video.

[video=youtube;gEDaCIDvj6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;YdvYXIwa0Ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdvYXIwa0Ow[/video]

cant believe ppl actucally believe this kind of shit !!!whahahahah

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;_Z0_n7tGnK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0&feature=related[/video]

see how the conman try to give stupid excuse why it cant work when their qi kena test :wink: as usual .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if qi is real then MMA fight got ppl use liao :wink: whahahhaha . as i always say extraordinary claim need extraordinary evidence . im here to debunk all extraordinary claim not only religion :wink:

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
our human brain are very powerful ..if you are delusional enough you will make yourself see ghost , see god , hear things , feel things ...anything can happen . when it happen please dont think its real because your mind is controlling your senses :wink: now start thinking :wink:

if i were to start a religion ..half of the population of singapore will believe in me :wink: since i also practice magic as a hobby for more then 15years :wink:

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro wrcboi , kinana also stop posting in religious folder liao , now left only one gong kia Conqueror :wink: im waiting for other religion nuts to post nonsense in religious folder :wink: if not i also sianz :wink:

If you keep up your 'attack' on him he'll join rev psalm in IMH very soon!

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kulgai, I am sure non-christian like myself has not never said it is wrong for pastors to practise Qigong. In actual fact, pastors are the ones that preach against Qigong to their mass, very sad some to the extend of demonizing. I want to surface the hypocrisy and non-divine acts of some pastors. How are you so sure they are learning the art of Qigong from a taoist master for merely health purpose? Are you at the lessons with them?

I know some churches and cell groups perform healing and group prayer. In group prayer, church members will stand in a circle with their palms place near the head of the person being prayed for, imagine 'hail hitler'. A practitioner of Qigong can generate heat wave from his palm. This no gimmick or bullshit, I have experienced it personally from a Qigong master. This phenomenon can be used to impress and convince the presence of God. If would be more impressive if the target can be induced to vibrate using Qigong.

Master Sim is so highly skilled in push hands tui shou that he is able to use his Qi to expel a few bigger size opponents without body contact. No bullshit, see this video for yourself:
[video=youtube;MTSEkVwKNKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSEkVwKNKE[/video]

Having read how some Pastors might have learnt Taoist Qigong with masters here, I might be wary that the reason for them practising this supposedly "Pagan' Taoist exercises will be used to execute their own miracle healing session in many of the charismatic churches here in Spore.

We are just guessing.

In Qigong, they used certain internal taught by taoist breathing methods or Qi to knock off bigger stronger opponent and certain touches to generate heat and magnetic stuff. Certain Taoist temple mediums too use these methods for their healing methods especially on certain ailments.

We can see from evangelistic clips in Spore, Skorea and elsewhere where pastors would walked along and push the whole lot of shaking congregation down or pushing on their foreheads...and attributing it to God.

Who knows these are Taoism religious and exercise methods in the first place?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
go and watch the whole video before any idiot come here and and make a fool of themselves :wink:

[video=youtube;jYjgeayfYPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjgeayfYPI&feature=related[/video]

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
go and watch the whole video before any idiot come here and and make a fool of themselves :wink:

[video=youtube;jYjgeayfYPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjgeayfYPI&feature=related[/video]

Faith healing has to be taken with a pinch of salt. When nothing happened, the healer will say that you don't have enough faith.

To correct drifter's misconceptions that Qigong is faith based. Of course, there are many extraordinary claims to the power of Qi which should not be taken seriously including extraordinary power depicted in Kung Fu movies.

Qigong is basically a form of breathing exercise. There are many medical research done on Qigong. Read the below extract from widipedia on Qigong and the application in Martial Arts:

Qigong, chi kung, or chi gung (simplified Chinese: 气功; traditional Chinese: 氣功; pinyin: qìgōng; Wade–Giles: chi4 gong1; literally "Life Energy Cultivation") is a practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation.[1] With roots in Chinese medicine, martial arts, and philosophy, qigong is traditionally viewed as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (chi) or what has been translated as "intrinsic life energy".[2] Typically a qigong practice involves rhythmic breathing coordinated with slow stylized repetition of fluid movement, a calm mindful state, and visualization of guiding qi through the body.[3] Qigong is now practiced throughout China and worldwide, and is considered by some to be exercise, and by others to be a type of alternative medicine or meditative practice.[4] From a philosophical perspective qigong is believed to help develop human potential, allow access to higher realms of awareness, and awaken one's "true nature".[5]

Martial arts training

The practice of qigong is an important component in both internal and external style Chinese martial arts.[5] Focus on qi is considered to be a source of power as well as the foundation of the internal style of martial arts (Neijia). T'ai chi ch'uan, Xing yi, and Baguazhang are representative of the types of Chinese martial arts that rely on the concept of qi as the foundation. [44] Extraordinary feats of martial arts prowess, such as the ability to withstand heavy strikes (Iron Shirt, 鐵衫) [45] and the ability to break hard objects (Iron Palm, 铁掌) [46] [47] are abilities attributed to qigong training.

PS: Don't not use the word idiot on anyone needing enlightenment.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Faith healing has to be taken with a pinch of salt. When nothing happened, the healer will say that you don't have enough faith.

To correct drifter's misconceptions that Qigong is faith based. Of course, there are many extraordinary claims to the power of Qi which should not be taken seriously including extraordinary power depicted in Kung Fu movies.

Qigong is basically a form of breathing exercise. There are many medical research done on Qigong. Read the below extract from widipedia on Qigong and the application in Martial Arts:

Qigong, chi kung, or chi gung (simplified Chinese: 气功; traditional Chinese: 氣功; pinyin: qìgōng; Wade–Giles: chi4 gong1; literally "Life Energy Cultivation") is a practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation.[1] With roots in Chinese medicine, martial arts, and philosophy, qigong is traditionally viewed as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (chi) or what has been translated as "intrinsic life energy".[2] Typically a qigong practice involves rhythmic breathing coordinated with slow stylized repetition of fluid movement, a calm mindful state, and visualization of guiding qi through the body.[3] Qigong is now practiced throughout China and worldwide, and is considered by some to be exercise, and by others to be a type of alternative medicine or meditative practice.[4] From a philosophical perspective qigong is believed to help develop human potential, allow access to higher realms of awareness, and awaken one's "true nature".[5]

Martial arts training

The practice of qigong is an important component in both internal and external style Chinese martial arts.[5] Focus on qi is considered to be a source of power as well as the foundation of the internal style of martial arts (Neijia). T'ai chi ch'uan, Xing yi, and Baguazhang are representative of the types of Chinese martial arts that rely on the concept of qi as the foundation. [44] Extraordinary feats of martial arts prowess, such as the ability to withstand heavy strikes (Iron Shirt, 鐵衫) [45] and the ability to break hard objects (Iron Palm, 铁掌) [46] [47] are abilities attributed to qigong training.

PS: Don't not use the word idiot on anyone needing enlightenment.

To correct drifter's misconceptions that Qigong is faith based

go and check out all the video i post ...the qi gong already been debunked ..if you do not believe in it , it wont happen to you :wink:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drifter,
All your videos are just the extraordinary acts and power that I pointed out which are also in many kongfu novels and movies. In your videos, those Karate exponents appeared to be highly skilled in martial arts. I believe anyone will some decent Kungfu training can knock down the botak korate exponent in your first video. You should go down to real exponent, Master Sim's demo and report back here your findings.

Once again, Qigong is just a form of breathing exercise!

Almost all Community Centres have Taichi or Qigong classes, perphap you should send your wonderful videos to them to advise PA to stop these classes-:smile:-:smile:

This will be my last post on it as this thread's main issue and concern is not on Qigong.

Last edited: