• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christian Pastors learning Qigong from Geylang Master

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter,
All your videos are just the extraordinary acts and power that I pointed out which are also in many kongfu novels and movies. In your videos, those Karate exponents appeared to be highly skilled in martial arts. I believe anyone will some decent Kungfu training can knock down the botak korate exponent in your first video. You should go down to real exponent, Master Sim's demo and report back here your findings.

Once again, Qigong is just a form of breathing exercise!

Almost all Community Centres have Taichi or Qigong classes, perphap you should send your wonderful videos to them to advise PA to stop these classes-:smile:-:smile:

This will be my last post on it as this thread's main issue and concern is not on Qigong.

dont go away so fast :wink:

the " master " in this video also say he could knock ppl down without touching them and he did that to many ppl ...end of the day when kena the real test ..why it did not work on non-believer ? sometimes work sometimes dont ? :wink:

" PS: Don't not use the word idiot on anyone needing enlightenment " .

ps : if you needed enlightenment on this kind of bullshit means you are an idiot ..simple as that . do you need enlightenment to let you know superman or spiderman is not real ? now start thinking :wink:

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
You keep rubbling about those fake exponents but dare not face the real exponent, I don't want to sai hei(Cantonese) on you.

As I say many times, Qigong or Taichi is not faith or believe.

You dare not even bring your Videos to PA to show you are not an idiot.

Taichi is one of the events in Asian Game.

You don't even know or understand the principle of using 4 ounces to overcome 1,000 pounds.
A fool will not claim to be a fool but see others as one indeed!

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Myths of Faith Healing

Source: http://www.charismamag.com/site-archives/554-charisma-channels/spriritled-living/4537-the-myths-of-faith-healing-

Does Jesus heal people with out faith? We've debunked the myths of faith healing.
mythsofhealing.jpg

Elderly hand

Some believers focus exclusively on faith as the key to healing. Yet Jesus healed many who apparently had no faith. Some were healed because their friends had faith. Others were bound up by demonic spirits and healed by exorcism, even against their wills.

The truth is that God heals. The myth is that God always heals now at the initiative of our faith.

Faith teacher Frederick K.C. Price has asserted: "The seventh method of receiving healing--[which] I believe is the highest kind of faith--is the highest way to receive healing...If you believe you receive it, you will confess that: 'Bless God, I believe I am healed. I believe I have received my healing...I believe that it is so. I believe that I can walk in divine health all the days of my life.' You are reading after one man who will never be sick, and I'm not being presumptuous."

Myth is mixed here with truth. The highest kind of faith is, "I believe in Jesus," not just, "I believe."

It is true that faith must be our initiative. But even our initiative comes through the prompting of the Holy Spirit: "No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:3). Our faith helps us receive healing, just as the lack of faith hinders healing. But healing does not depend on faith. Healing depends on the Healer.

Healing is the will of God. Canadian evangelist Peter Youngren wrote: "Jesus clearly shows us God's will in healing ... the Word of God declares that 'great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all' (Matt. 12:15). When Jesus healed all, He was obviously doing the will of His Father, because He only did that which the Father wanted Him to do."

Youngren adds: "This is why you can come with boldness asking God for healing. God is on your side. He wants the best for you. He is good."

So, if God wills all to be healed, then can your faith move His hand to heal you? In the words of the Hertz rental car commercial: "Not exactly!"

Your faith moves Him to save you (see Rom. 10:9-13; Eph. 2:8). And in your salvation is your healing: "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: 'He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses'" (Matt. 8:17; Is. 53:4-6).

But your faith does not effect your healing now. When you are healed rests entirely on what the sovereign purposes of the Healer are.

Consider this biblical example. In John 5 Jesus healed one paralytic at the pool of Bethesda though a multitude thronged that place daily to be healed. Why was one man healed at that moment while others were not?

John 5:19 gives the answer when Jesus confessed, "'Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.'"

Bible scholar Jack Deere correctly observes that the initiative for the miraculous in Jesus' ministry did not begin with Him but with the Father. "He healed only the people He saw His Father healing," Deere writes. "The only firm reason for the healing of the paralytic that we can derive from the context of John 5 is that the Father willed it, and Jesus executed His Father's will ... We are ultimately faced with the conclusion that sometimes the Lord works miracles for His own sovereign purposes without giving any explanation for His actions to His followers."

The second myth about healing is that if you stand fast in faith, you will be physically healed in time and space. Ken and Gloria Copeland have declared that healing will come if we have faith in our hearts and God's Word in our mouths. But, they add: "It may take time for it to manifest in your body. So stand fast in faith, giving thanks to God until it does. Focus on God's Word, not on physical symptoms."

In what do we "stand fast"? The "rock" on which we stand isn't faith or healing but Christ alone--the Healer. In Hebrews 10:23 we are admonished to hold fast to the profession of our faith. But in what is our profession of faith? Certainly, it is not in faith or in healing.

Be careful that your faith is not in faith itself--or, worse yet, in a faith teacher! Just believing hard enough, long enough or strong enough will not strengthen you or prompt your healing. Doing mental gymnastics to "hold on to your miracle" will not cause your healing to manifest now.

So what is faith? It is more than believing in your heart that God heals. The truth is that God is the God who heals. Faith is trusting the God who heals. Faith is a radical, absolute surrender to the God who heals. Faith is not holding on for your healing but holding on to the God who can do the impossible.

The truth is that your healing may manifest in eternity, not in time. If your trust is in God who heals, then when He heals you is secondary to belonging to the Healer. Certainly you will thank Him if He heals you today. But if your healing comes beyond death in eternity, will you praise Him now for that?

Paul did just that: "'O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?' The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Cor. 15:55-58).

The third myth about healing is that if you just confess your healing, you will be healed right now. But you should confess the Healer, not your healing.

In his best-selling book, The Bible Cure, Dr. Reginald B. Cherry encourages us to "speak to the mountain" of our illness when we pray. That is important in prayer. But praying it and saying it won't make physical healing manifest now.

Positive confession does not effect healing. If that were true, anyone who believes in mind-over-matter mental exercises could heal people. Only Jesus heals.

Our confession should be in Him, not in being healed now. Jesus sternly warned: "'Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven'" (Matt. 10:32-33).

It's time we throw out the lies that cloud the truth about faith and healing. It's time we embrace the scriptural truths that shatter shallow myths and bring us freedom to confidently trust God.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You keep rubbling about those fake exponents but dare not face the real exponent, I don't want to sai hei(Cantonese) on you.

As I say many times, Qigong or Taichi is not faith or believe.

You dare not even bring your Videos to PA to show you are not an idiot.

Taichi is one of the events in Asian Game.

You don't even know or understand the principle of using 4 ounces to overcome 1,000 pounds.
A fool will not claim to be a fool but see others as one indeed!

" You keep rubbling about those fake exponents but dare not face the real exponent, I don't want to sai hei(Cantonese) on you" .

my video is fake exponents , and your " master sim " ..is real ? whahahahha . its just like saying my religion is real but not yours :wink: . dont foget , my video exponents also can bring ppl down without touching them ( go and see the video , how many delusion ppl kena knock down without being touch ) just like your " master sim " . but when challenged by non-believer how come the idiot in my video cant perform the miracle ? think about it .

yes , tachi is one of the events in asian game BUT did those taji guy perform those " miracles " in asian game ? you have to understand tachi in asian games does not mean those " miracles " is real . its like ppl pray to god means god is real ? now start thinking . tachi is just a sport without any miracles .

" You don't even know or understand the principle of using 4 ounces to overcome 1,000 pounds.
A fool will not claim to be a fool but see others as one indeed " .

yes , 4 ounces overcome 1000 pound is possible ( i know course i learn mma for years ) BUT making you knock out without even touching you ...that is laughable :wink: whahhahahah.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: The Myths of Faith Healing

Source: http://www.charismamag.com/site-archives/554-charisma-channels/spriritled-living/4537-the-myths-of-faith-healing-

Does Jesus heal people with out faith? We've debunked the myths of faith healing.
mythsofhealing.jpg

Elderly hand

Some believers focus exclusively on faith as the key to healing. Yet Jesus healed many who apparently had no faith. Some were healed because their friends had faith. Others were bound up by demonic spirits and healed by exorcism, even against their wills.

The truth is that God heals. The myth is that God always heals now at the initiative of our faith.

Faith teacher Frederick K.C. Price has asserted: "The seventh method of receiving healing--[which] I believe is the highest kind of faith--is the highest way to receive healing...If you believe you receive it, you will confess that: 'Bless God, I believe I am healed. I believe I have received my healing...I believe that it is so. I believe that I can walk in divine health all the days of my life.' You are reading after one man who will never be sick, and I'm not being presumptuous."

Myth is mixed here with truth. The highest kind of faith is, "I believe in Jesus," not just, "I believe."

It is true that faith must be our initiative. But even our initiative comes through the prompting of the Holy Spirit: "No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:3). Our faith helps us receive healing, just as the lack of faith hinders healing. But healing does not depend on faith. Healing depends on the Healer.

Healing is the will of God. Canadian evangelist Peter Youngren wrote: "Jesus clearly shows us God's will in healing ... the Word of God declares that 'great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all' (Matt. 12:15). When Jesus healed all, He was obviously doing the will of His Father, because He only did that which the Father wanted Him to do."

Youngren adds: "This is why you can come with boldness asking God for healing. God is on your side. He wants the best for you. He is good."

So, if God wills all to be healed, then can your faith move His hand to heal you? In the words of the Hertz rental car commercial: "Not exactly!"

Your faith moves Him to save you (see Rom. 10:9-13; Eph. 2:8). And in your salvation is your healing: "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: 'He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses'" (Matt. 8:17; Is. 53:4-6).

But your faith does not effect your healing now. When you are healed rests entirely on what the sovereign purposes of the Healer are.

Consider this biblical example. In John 5 Jesus healed one paralytic at the pool of Bethesda though a multitude thronged that place daily to be healed. Why was one man healed at that moment while others were not?

John 5:19 gives the answer when Jesus confessed, "'Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.'"

Bible scholar Jack Deere correctly observes that the initiative for the miraculous in Jesus' ministry did not begin with Him but with the Father. "He healed only the people He saw His Father healing," Deere writes. "The only firm reason for the healing of the paralytic that we can derive from the context of John 5 is that the Father willed it, and Jesus executed His Father's will ... We are ultimately faced with the conclusion that sometimes the Lord works miracles for His own sovereign purposes without giving any explanation for His actions to His followers."

The second myth about healing is that if you stand fast in faith, you will be physically healed in time and space. Ken and Gloria Copeland have declared that healing will come if we have faith in our hearts and God's Word in our mouths. But, they add: "It may take time for it to manifest in your body. So stand fast in faith, giving thanks to God until it does. Focus on God's Word, not on physical symptoms."

In what do we "stand fast"? The "rock" on which we stand isn't faith or healing but Christ alone--the Healer. In Hebrews 10:23 we are admonished to hold fast to the profession of our faith. But in what is our profession of faith? Certainly, it is not in faith or in healing.

Be careful that your faith is not in faith itself--or, worse yet, in a faith teacher! Just believing hard enough, long enough or strong enough will not strengthen you or prompt your healing. Doing mental gymnastics to "hold on to your miracle" will not cause your healing to manifest now.

So what is faith? It is more than believing in your heart that God heals. The truth is that God is the God who heals. Faith is trusting the God who heals. Faith is a radical, absolute surrender to the God who heals. Faith is not holding on for your healing but holding on to the God who can do the impossible.

The truth is that your healing may manifest in eternity, not in time. If your trust is in God who heals, then when He heals you is secondary to belonging to the Healer. Certainly you will thank Him if He heals you today. But if your healing comes beyond death in eternity, will you praise Him now for that?

Paul did just that: "'O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?' The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Cor. 15:55-58).

The third myth about healing is that if you just confess your healing, you will be healed right now. But you should confess the Healer, not your healing.

In his best-selling book, The Bible Cure, Dr. Reginald B. Cherry encourages us to "speak to the mountain" of our illness when we pray. That is important in prayer. But praying it and saying it won't make physical healing manifest now.

Positive confession does not effect healing. If that were true, anyone who believes in mind-over-matter mental exercises could heal people. Only Jesus heals.

Our confession should be in Him, not in being healed now. Jesus sternly warned: "'Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven'" (Matt. 10:32-33).

It's time we throw out the lies that cloud the truth about faith and healing. It's time we embrace the scriptural truths that shatter shallow myths and bring us freedom to confidently trust God.

whahahahah ..i knew you are an idiot already when you say qigong is real :wink: whahahahahah ...now you say god is real . like all delusional christains..now you start to quote from the bible ...whaahhahahhahaha

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Myths of Faith Healing

Source: http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.sg/2010/05/faith-healing.html

Your reasonable guide to non-belief
Friday, May 21, 2010

Faith Healing
When I was in the ministry, the focus of my ministry for four years was deliverance, but towards the last year of my ministry many were trying to push me toward faith healing. It seemed that every church I visited a so called prophet would call me up to the altar and tell me that god wanted me to heal the sick and that I had been anointed to do so by the holy spirit.

One of the things I found to be very disheartening in the church was that they were a bunch of miracle mongers. If you sat through a service and then the evangelist or preacher began praying for people and they began passing out, the whole church would run to the altar for a touch of the divine. This is ironic coming from a religion that emphasizes faith and not sight.

Even as an evangelist I was always skeptical about faith healing. I never believed the miracle stories that would float around the congregation from time to time. In fact, a miracle loses all its validity in my opinion if the recipient of the miracle is unknown to you. When Jesus supposedly healed some demoniac from possession the first thing he told him was to go show himself to those in town so that they may see what god had done.

I personally believe that alot of the so called ailments cured in faith healing crusades are nothing more than psychosomatic disorders. You never hear of an amputee miraculously grow a leg back, or a dead person being brought back from the dead. Plenty of faith healers make the claim that they have raised people from the dead but I have yet to see one do it.

I think that faith healing does more harm than good most of the time. I personally knew someone from my church that died because he was afraid to have surgery for a hernia and put all his faith in Jesus that he would one day miraculously be healed. I felt bad for the masses that were putting their lives at risk believing that their good lord would heal them, and I did not want to be responsible for anyone's death.

I prayed for the sick on rare occasions but I did not advocate faith healing, it should be called faith killing because that is exactly what it is. People shun medical treatment in place of faith and end up dying for the silliest infirmities simply because they wanted a touch of heaven. The believers that suffered from psychosomatic disorders were the only ones healed but their ailment was in their minds. I have more to say on this and so I will follow up on the next post.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kulgai, I am sure non-christian like myself has not never said it is wrong for pastors to practise Qigong. In actual fact, pastors are the ones that preach against Qigong to their mass, very sad some to the extend of demonizing. I want to surface the hypocrisy and non-divine acts of some pastors. How are you so sure they are learning the art of Qigong from a taoist master for merely health purpose? Are you at the lessons with them?....
Some pastors demonise qiqong because they believe it is some form of supernatural powers.Others do not hold such views and hence may even practice it. This boils down to personal beliefs. Well, everyone is entitled to their personal beliefs. I dun tink there's anything hypocritical here. You're barking up the wrong tree. As a qiqong practitioner myself, I know its over rated. For heath, yes but certainly no magical prowess. Leave that to the movies.
I know some churches and cell groups perform healing and group prayer. In group prayer, church members will stand in a circle with their palms place near the head of the person being prayed for, imagine 'hail hitler'. A practitioner of Qigong can generate heat wave from his palm. This no gimmick or bullshit, I have experienced it personally from a Qigong master. This phenomenon can be used to impress and convince the presence of God. If would be more impressive if the target can be induced to vibrate using Qigong.....
This again shows yr lack of understanding. I do not tink church prayers work this way by generating heat to show presence of God. Whilst it's true that heat will be generated during qiqiong, it wld be mad to tink its the presence of God
Master Sim is so highly skilled in push hands tui shou that he is able to use his Qi to expel a few bigger size opponents without body contact. No bullshit, see this video for yourself:
[video=youtube;MTSEkVwKNKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSEkVwKNKE[/video]
Sorry but this is bullshit. Why doesnt he try his skill with those MMA fighters and you will suddenly find all his qi disappeared. No offence again, just my personal viewpoint from an ex-student of Master Sim.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some pastors demonise qiqong because they believe it is some form of supernatural powers.Others do not hold such views and hence may even practice it. This boils down to personal beliefs. Well, everyone is entitled to their personal beliefs. I dun tink there's anything hypocritical here. You're barking up the wrong tree. As a qiqong practitioner myself, I know its over rated. For heath, yes but certainly no magical prowess. Leave that to the movies.
This again shows yr lack of understanding. I do not tink church prayers work this way by generating heat to show presence of God. Whilst it's true that heat will be generated during qiqiong, it wld be mad to tink its the presence of God

Sorry but this is bullshit. Why doesnt he try his skill with those MMA fighters and you will suddenly find all his qi disappeared. No offence again, just my personal viewpoint from an ex-student of Master Sim.

bro this is how a conman kena whack by mma fighter :wink: check it out :wink:

[video=youtube;gEDaCIDvj6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro this is how a conman kena whack by mma fighter :wink: check it out :wink:

Actually, with proper qiqong practice , one is able to withstand certain blows to certain parts of the body provided he knows where the opponent is going to hit. In a real fight where blows are mostly sudden and without warning, there's usually no time to 'prepare' for it. To-date there's not a single kung fu exponent fighting on the MMA platform using Qi as his trumph card. Those who claim to ward off or throw off opponents without even touching them could easily claim all the world fight titles effortlessly. So why is this not happening? Its really a no brainer.