• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M Ravi to be declared mentally unsound?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dr Calvin Fones Soon Leng Vs Ravi s/o Madasamy S6913333i ( M. Ravi

Ravi having issues with his mental health has been known for years. His friends have intervened on numerous occasions. The incidenst at the mosque and temples on different occasions are not the only event. Blasting music at the highest level, home in a mess, refusing to come out, Police called. He has never been charged because of his known medical history. He has gone haywire in the midst of court proceedings and even when he has clients in the office. I have come across rambling emails to opposition acquaintences where he has made many allegations against them when he in this state. His biggest problem is skipping his medication. Its a common issue with such cases.

Both Violet and Dr Fones are in professions where their practising certificates has to be renewed yearly and it can be revoked if they are aware of a condition and fail raise or report it. People like Dr Fones have a lucrative practice and does not need a dime from Ravi or anyone else. They have nothing to gain but a lot to lose if they did not raise it. Why do you think Violet who has been with Ravi thru thick and thin is doing this. The examination might have taken 10 mins but the fact that it was Violet that notified him carries alot of weight as well as the past medical records.

The Law Society is also in a bind. They took the fastest way out when the Doctor notified them which he is required to do so. If a Pilot is examined by a psychiatrist and found to be wanting and refuses to enter into a volunteer program or tatment, the Airline will be notified real quick. The ball then passes to the Airline.

In a weird way, Violet the lawyer, Fones the Doctor and Wong from the Law Society have discharged their duties and can longer be held responsible. The judge in chambers made the decision based on his observation. Anyway I suspect that if the decision was going against Ravi, he might exercise caution and adjourn the matter.

As an example Francis Seow was barred in the past for a period for allowing his partner to do something illegal and he failed to bring it to the attention of the regulatory body.

What however is not common knowledge is the fact that people have manipulated this poor chap for their own purposes. When Ravi had his first court outburst, both the Judiciary and the Law Society worked together and asked the late SC Palakrishnan to mentor him. Because Pala was looking after him, the trouble makers kept their distance. When Pala passed away, an opposition identity began using him (not anyone associated with SDP). Now that person's relative is involved instigating things.

The Govt also has its share of responsibility when it comes to Ravi. Anyone else in a similar situation would have been disbarred by now. I think they know that it can only help their cause as during the last GE. Now that he has a profile as a Human Right Campaigner with links to the UN, they are reluctant to move.

I have always considered Andrew Loh, Richard Wan and Ravi Philomen as politically naive. Andrew and Richard should ask themselves why they did not speak to Violet and go thru all the previous incidents. This is no ordinary epsiode where you call the psychiatrist for work related stress. Ask them who put them up to this or who called them.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On the part of why Dr had to inform Law Soc, there was a hearing to disbar Ravi from practice previously, after the LEEgime mata arrested charged and imprisoned him in IMH. The result of that hearing was Ravi was given conditional renewal of Practice Certificate that he have to receive medication and treatment as well periodic reviews by this Dr. Fones, who has the obligation to inform law soc in case this talented big boy missed his medication and get broken by work stress. Doctor is merely discharging his professional obligation just as lawyers have their own professional obligation to inform law soc and court on certain things.

The realistic thing in life is this, we can fall sick some times and be on MC, e.g. if UY Lao Sai this is just part of live being a living body in this universe, admit the truth and accept the treatment and there is nothing too egoistic necessary. Lao Sai mean Lao Sai, if people can smell it, they know you had a Lao Sai, and denying it does not help much. :biggrin:

uncle u so funny one. but you write okay leh.no kesiao lah. laosai means lao sai. kesai means kesai.laosai you can control quite well. but kesai sometimes you yourself don't know. someone must say you kesai....kesiao...or kerung...or kelan......so someone must report you kesiao and let the others judge your kesiao rating can function or not.

if doctor kesiao is allowed to practise, die lah. if lawyer is allowed to practise when kesiao, how? i don't really know. but definitely if a kesiao doctor, i uncle will not go lah....sad case lah.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawyer M Ravi arrested and charged with disturbing mosque prayers
By Satish Cheney, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 11 August 2008 2332 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/366973/1/.html
SINGAPORE : Singapore lawyer M Ravi was charged in court on Monday for disturbing a religious assembly.

The lawyer, who has represented the Singapore Democratic Party in previous civil cases, was allegedly disrupting evening prayers at the Jamae Chulia mosque on August 3 at about 7.30pm.

He is said to have been shouting and interrupting the religious proceeding and when approached by devotees, is alleged to have verbally abused them.

According to the police, this is not the first time the lawyer has behaved this way.

They said he is known to have behaved violently and abusively at places of worship, shops, the Subordinate Courts, and other public areas.

Bail has been set at S$8,000.

Police say behaviour that undermines racial and religious harmony will not be tolerated, especially when the provocative act takes place in a place of worship while prayers are being conducted. – CNA/ms

in religious place, maybe ravi was not insane. probably he was possessed. so there are other terms beside insane which could be used to put him down. ravi is possessed certified by exorcist kong hee fatt choy :P

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ravi is just ONE person who happened to be a lawyer but here in Sammy forum we got a few hundreds if not thousand who are mentally unsound.

Why so concern about Ravi if thousands here can still roam the streets without so much of a whimper let alone concern about their mental states! LOL

there are many gila people running the place...you don't know when they will snap! here in this kesiao forum already so many....i think i also a bit siao liao...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you can send a kesiao to heaven or to hell. no definite rules. siao doctor said so....hell. siao doctor said you okay...heaven. psychiatry is also one kesiao art....two kesiao doctors can differ in their diagnoses an opinions. life is damned complicated. kesiaoism is damned a art nuisance....you said i siao. i said you siao. who wants to judge? both siao lah!!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something fishy here. The duty of a doctor to warn is when there is danger. This is usually physical danger to self (eg suicidal) or danger to others. If a surgeon is unprofessional, he can kill a patient. Now, a lawyer who is "unprofessional" and arguing in front of a judge ... who is he dangerous to? Can't the judge judge for himself? Why should the doctor come into the picture and breach patient-doctor confidentiality unless in an emergency? Is this an emergency??

this unique case involves pinky. nipping ravi's bud would definitely prevent the embarrassing moment that pinky might have to be present to defend the case.

there was another case where an mp for bt batok dropped dead and no by-election was called. the reason given was other mps in that GRC would be abled to stand in for the void which made it looked like actually most of the mps in GRC are redundant.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mad or not, you all decide. When I last met him, Ravi claimed to be a Chinese! I seepay malu coz there were at least 10 others nearby. All of them stared at me. Lucky for the 10 others, I did not disclose my race as Indian. Many would have fainted that afternoon if I had.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
leetahbar said:
this unique case involves pinky. nipping ravi's bud would definitely prevent the embarrassing moment that pinky might have to be present to defend the case.

there was another case where an mp for bt batok dropped dead and no by-election was called. the reason given was other mps in that GRC would be abled to stand in for the void which made it looked like actually most of the mps in GRC are redundant.

The constitution is very clear that no BE needed in GRC unless all the MPs dropped dead. Chances of that is zero.

What's not clear is on SMC.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just one of numerous instances of this type of incidents. If this guy was a PAP member, they would have not allowed this.

Most people who walk and work with him on human rights and political issues after a period of time realise that something is a miss.

Even the wacky cult group Falun Gong who hired him in view of his human rights bent lodged a complaint against him when he went nuts in his office while their reps were there.

Mad or not, you all decide. When I last met him, Ravi claimed to be a Chinese! I seepay malu coz there were at least 10 others nearby. All of them stared at me. Lucky for the 10 others, I did not disclose my race as Indian. Many would have fainted that afternoon if I had.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just one of numerous instances of this type of incidents. If this guy was a PAP member, they would have not allowed this.

Most people who walk and work with him on human rights and political issues after a period of time realise that something is a miss.

Even the wacky cult group Falun Gong who hired him in view of his human rights bent lodged a complaint against him when he went nuts in his office while their reps were there.

On another occasion at People's Park Centre, Ravi claimed to be a member of Ang Soon Tong!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

What however is not common knowledge is the fact that people have manipulated this poor chap for their own purposes. When Ravi had his first court outburst, both the Judiciary and the Law Society worked together and asked the late SC Palakrishnan to mentor him. Because Pala was looking after him, the trouble makers kept their distance. When Pala passed away, an opposition identity began using him (not anyone associated with SDP). Now that person's relative is involved instigating things.

so is what we're seeing a proxy battle between the indian brothers? the plot thickens.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mental illness of whatever sort mostly gets worse as they progress in age.

The experts all know this but few would dare commit themselves to a definite stand.

It's best the Ravi do not have his practising licence renewed afterall, it is affecting alot of other ppl's lives as well as it stands.

But take note even if Ravi cannot practice this might not be the end of all the problems he have and can cause.

This is one damn aspect of mental illness. Someone caring, must be the constant care giver and the care giving would also greatly affect the care giver.

And who would take on such a role as a care giver?

Last edited:

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Interview with M Ravi in regards to this incident, on publichouse.sg

http://publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/689-doctor’s-letter-“ridiculous”-says-m-ravi

TRE's interview http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/07/17/lawyer-m-ravi/

I wonder.. if someone at the Law Society is going nuts over this incident ->What is Wong Siew Hong doing, representing the Law Society? :biggrin:

and get a statement from Law Society saying.. Mr Wong Siew Hong is not representing the Law Society, but in his own personal capacity :biggrin:

Perhaps bro scroobal can shed some light on this..

Guessed 50% right (lucky)..

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/07/1...-statement-to-the-media-dated-16th-july-2012/

Conspiracy theories evolves :biggrin:, involving all parties ensuring they are not liable:

Law Society doing this do ensure the government does not come after it for failing to inform the judge/public about M Ravi's condition?

M Ravi's partner doing this to ensure she does her duty of care and does not get disbarred?

Dr Fong doing this to ensure he does his duty/responsibility and does not get disbarred/lose precious customers from his practice?

Last but not least doing this whole act to ensure it gets media spotlight (hougang by-election & KJ's IMF thingy)?

Just pure speculation and kinda stating the obvious here.. :biggrin:

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a new one........never seen this being use before.......getting more and more creative.
Can we forbid the 60.1% to vote due to their low IQ

When you said you haven't seen before I am unsure if this jogs your memory or not - the way they used medical ammo on our former president CV D Nair. While many stories and fables cannot be verified and/or substantiated, but CVD case in retrospect can be said very very crediblle if this Nailing of Ravi is a similar sequel.

Dont forget, old man even has had to nail CVD Nair via a govt White Paper. They wont do that to Ravi, just a wild letter from a bought doctor will do.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ravi having issues with his mental health has been known for years. His friends have intervened on numerous occasions. The incidenst at the mosque and temples on different occasions are not the only event. Blasting music at the highest level, home in a mess, refusing to come out, Police called. He has never been charged because of his known medical history. He has gone haywire in the midst of court proceedings and even when he has clients in the office. I have come across rambling emails to opposition acquaintences where he has made many allegations against them when he in this state. His biggest problem is skipping his medication. Its a common issue with such cases.

Both Violet and Dr Fones are in professions where their practising certificates has to be renewed yearly and it can be revoked if they are aware of a condition and fail raise or report it. People like Dr Fones have a lucrative practice and does not need a dime from Ravi or anyone else. They have nothing to gain but a lot to lose if they did not raise it. Why do you think Violet who has been with Ravi thru thick and thin is doing this. The examination might have taken 10 mins but the fact that it was Violet that notified him carries alot of weight as well as the past medical records.

The Law Society is also in a bind. They took the fastest way out when the Doctor notified them which he is required to do so. If a Pilot is examined by a psychiatrist and found to be wanting and refuses to enter into a volunteer program or tatment, the Airline will be notified real quick. The ball then passes to the Airline.

In a weird way, Violet the lawyer, Fones the Doctor and Wong from the Law Society have discharged their duties and can longer be held responsible. The judge in chambers made the decision based on his observation. Anyway I suspect that if the decision was going against Ravi, he might exercise caution and adjourn the matter.

As an example Francis Seow was barred in the past for a period for allowing his partner to do something illegal and he failed to bring it to the attention of the regulatory body.

The Govt also has its share of responsibility when it comes to Ravi. Anyone else in a similar situation would have been disbarred by now. I think they know that it can only help their cause as during the last GE. Now that he has a profile as a Human Right Campaigner with links to the UN, they are reluctant to move.

I have always considered Andrew Loh, Richard Wan and Ravi Philomen as politically naive. Andrew and Richard should ask themselves why they did not speak to Violet and go thru all the previous incidents. This is no ordinary epsiode where you call the psychiatrist for work related stress. Ask them who put them up to this or who called them.

If it takes mentally unsound mind in the like of Ravi then I say Singapore needs more of his character. You yourself think too much. You should lose yourself and give the Sharman a run for his money. What do you have to lose?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the lawyer who handed the letter from Dr Fones to the judge "on his own volition".

wongsh.jpg

Wong Siew Hong

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal

for Andrew Loh, Richard Wan and Ravi Philomen, they will be more popular if they show their support for the underdog :rolleyes: