• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Conversing with an angmoh christian

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the local aussie christian approached me and shared with me about Jesus and i told him apart from what i know about the origins of the bible, christianity, science vs religions, bible histories etc, that he, being an aussie who hailed from the ancestral land of England, know only one religion and one language, whereas me, being an asian whose ancestor came from china, spoke dialects, mandarin and have different philosophies and religion to begin with. But with the colonization by the British across the world in the 17 and 18th centuries, the most commonly spoken language now is english and we absorbed almost all the british's culture, be it religion, philosophies, governance etc. We asians' perception and philosophies have changed so much that we have no longer hold importance on our traditional language, social practices, ideology and religions. Yes, most of us are now westernized. For good or for bad, it is up to individual to think it through and frankly, i think we should absorb things that are good and reject those that are not, regardless of asian or western ideology, belief or practices.

But what i tried to drive a point to him is that i, an asian that step on different realms of social ideology of both asian and western, have different perspective which cause to think out of the usual single social paradigm, whereas they tend to have one and only one, unless they interact intimately with people from another culture. So whichever is the dominant culture will tend to command fear and respect from other weaker or less influential cultures, and they themselves will practice mimesis toward the dominant one.

just my weekend's rants.

jiangrenhua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything that command fear and respect and encourages nemesis is definitely not good because it discourages free choice and humans are meant to choose freely what they think is good instead of being forced upon them due to fear.