• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

John Piper and the prosperity gospel

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
im no fan of preachers but to fight against the recent case of CHC, here's one sermon that attacks prosperity gospel. fight fire with fire???
[video=youtube;PTc_FoELt8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s[/video]

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
im no fan of preachers but to fight against the recent case of CHC, here's one sermon that attacks prosperity gospel. fight fire with fire???
[video=youtube;PTc_FoELt8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s[/video]

John Piper is indeed a TRUE man of God! All his messages are 100% in accordance with the word of God, the Bible. Together with his other godly friend, Paul Washer, they have always preached their messages according to what Jesus has told us to do, unlike many prosperity preachers whose main theme is to build material weath by telling congregation members: You will be blessed when you give; You give $100, God will pay you back manifold; Giving is the way to honour God....just give my church and don't worry how we spend the money....trust us; we will account to God; your job is just to give, give, and give.....

Yes....give we must especially when we can afford....but to who? This is a big question. Jesus has never, never said to give to the church, to the pastors, to the elders. The word of God tells us to give to the POOR; to help the WIDOWS; to help the ORPHANS; and do not take advantage of widows and orphans!

Christian brothers and sisters are strongly recommend to read or listen to the sermons by these two TRUE men of God: John Piper and Paul Washer.

In all sincerity, Fishy, I want to thank you for sharing this video.....hope you too can be inspired by John Piper's message. The sad thing is that many people associate CBT cases of religious leaders with the members at large....not just in Christianity; it's also the same as in other religions.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
like when some christian approached Christopher Hitchen on his deathbed. "i will pray for you." said the christian.

"i will think for you." Christopher hitchen replied.